test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Disabled SHIFT key on map transfers

roadkill#6177 roadkill Member Posts: 534 Arc User
Been a problem for me since Mod18 launched. Inconsistent but happens frequently. Basically, my character's Utility power (eg. Block, Dodge, Roll, Teleport, Sprint) will be non-functional until I interact with an NPC.

Comments

• durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    Ahh I didnt know that talking to an NPC fixes this.

When this happens to me I just relog back in. Confused me too the first time it happened to me. I dont want to be tanking without a block :persevere:
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Do you have custom key bindings? Resetting those might help.

Do you have custom key bindings? Resetting those might help.

That was the first response I did but it did not work. I even thought my keyboard has outlived its usefulness.. but then outside the game the shift button works fine. Only way to get back the shift button for me was to close the game and reopen it again.

This can be annoying if this happens to you in a dungeon or maybe a random queue. Not sure why but sometimes closing the game while in a random queue would automatically remove you from the queue group and give you a penalty - so a fix for this would be highly appreciated.

BTW this is not limited to tank, this also happened on my cleric. just cant remember if i was on dps or heal paragon.
    @nitocris83 I have reproduced this bug by using shift immediately while/after invoking (ctrl +i). The shift button no longer works after that- until you talk to an npc or just close the game and reopen it.
  • roadkill#6177 roadkill Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    I just logged into forums today. I do have custom keybinds for several keys. Will try resetting to defaults but will want to custom bind again after.
    Getting CC'ed also breaks the shift function from time to time.
    This has been happening more frequently for me now, While before fights, my shift would work, but then suddenly while fighting, it will just stop working, and I am not able to close and reopen my game because I would probably be disconnected (random queue) or i'm in an instance that I can't afford to mess up and die by mistake when I log back in (ToMM).

It's been more than 19 days when this was posted here, but has been happening way longer. Can we get a response without us having to tag everyone?
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for the update @durugudesu! I will check in with the rest of the team on this.
    Yes, resetting keybinds does not help. I have a similar issue related to auto-attack of my at-will left mouse key locking on. Mostly a problem when trying to drag items to bank or mailbox or auction and the item will be consumed or pack opened instead of reaching the intended destination. So, one locking function on mouse and one on keyboard, both started since Mod18 released.
    @nitocris83 this still consistently persists in game.
  • plan009plan009 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    I don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but I thought I'd add my keyboard problem(s) (not using any custom keybinds).

Randomly (I can't tell what causes it) my Tab and Space key quit working. It's annoying that it makes it so I can't jump (I look like an idiot slamming directly into a wall or something, lol), but worse that it makes my Rogue lose his double Blade Fury (need to go Stealth to do that). I've found that hitting Esc and, immediately, returning to game fixes these (not always easy to do in the middle of battle), but it's still a problem I've been having for at least a year on different computers.

More recently, my 1 through 6 keys *seem* not to be working during battle (noticed it most during CoDG). After the fight, it seems like they may have been used, but I've died a bunch trying to hit those keys and not seeing anything happen.
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." - Socrates
  • regpeiregpei Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    My 2 cents on this, it's something to do with the # 1 . I lose the ability as well, press the # 1 and all comes back. It used to get fixed talking to an NPC but that was because I press # 1 while talking to them! I no longer need to talk to an NPC but just press # 1 at the top of my keyboard, not the numpad.
    Confirmed just now, key #1 functions for me as regpei described above, in that it resets/refreshes the disabled Utility Power/Shift Key. Thank you regpei.
    I can confirm that pressing the #1 on my keyboard(not numpad) somehow fixes this stupid "shift" not working.

@nitocris83 Can you guys please take a look again and somehow fix this? This issue has been bothering users for months already.

Thank you!
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    Had this happen to my wizard today while soloing Bel. I lost the use of Teleport, which I have bound to shift, and could not get it back until I had crossed out of the instance. I was able to rebind it mid-fight to TAB, and that made it work, but then rebinding it back to shift, also mid-fight, had the problem return. Again, would not work with its original binding until I had exited the instance.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    exact same thing happened to me on my Cw zoning thru the gate into the live hell pit area event last month .
    its increased the difficulty exponentially lol 20 demons guys chasing you and no dodge (shift) available : D

Had this happen to my wizard today while soloing Bel. I lost the use of Teleport, which I have bound to shift, and could not get it back until I had crossed out of the instance. I was able to rebind it mid-fight to TAB, and that made it work, but then rebinding it back to shift, also mid-fight, had the problem return. Again, would not work with its original binding until I had exited the instance.

no need to rebind. press 1 on your keyboard and that should hotfix it. it wont use up your daily if you only pressed it when your shift button isnt working.