test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to get "Defending the Dale" quest from Bryn Shander after SKT buyout

steki#9465 steki Member Posts: 5 Arc User
I have 1 character I used the SKT campaign buyout on last year and this character is unable to ever take the "Defending the Dale" quest from Duvessa Shane in Bryn Shander. Since I cannot take this quest I am unable to take any daily quests in BS/LW/CR as the require taking the quest. I have two other characters I completed the campaign normally since then and they can continue taking these quests.

In BS and LW the daily quest givers have exclamation points but the daily quests that say I must get Defending the Dale first before I can take them. In Cold Run there are 0 quest givers with even an exclamation point above them at all.

From my discussions with support and memory of doing SKT quests, I understand as you progress through the 3 zones doing the campaign that Defending the Dale quest locks out until you finish the intro quests for each new zone.

I have a feeling that since I do not get any quests in Cold Run that when I used the campaign buyout option I likely was in process of doing the Cold Run intro quests so Defending the Dale was in a locked out state. After I applied the campaign buyout all of the intro quests become unavailable and Defending the Dale remains in a permanent locked out state. It seems the campaign buyout doesn't handle this scenario properly.

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Have you talked to Xuna in Cold Run? She is at a campfire in a cave near the beach. She has the quest to search the giant ships, near the end of the intro. As the questgiver not visible from the main camp, she seems the most likely reason for the issue.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • steki#9465 steki Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Hey Pitshade, you were correct. Thanks! Xuna did have the quest, I never noticed her because the quest indicator on the map doesn't show until you get closer to her.

Still a bit silly to have to complete intro quests after doing a campaign buyout and not very user friendly with the lack of map indicator unless you wander into range, but a solution non the less.

Maybe someone can post the names of the Intro quest givers besides Xuna for the 3 zones in case they run into this issue as well.