test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Campaign Icon Grayed Out after Mar 24 patch

pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
edited March 2020 in Bug Reports (PC)
The icon for the campaign page is grayed out and inoperable since today's patch.

Hovertext is more confusing

Hitting Escape, letting it stay there for a few seconds and then hitting ESC again fixes the issue, until you change character.

ETA the Collections Icon is also affected.

"We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother

Comments

• rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    was about to report this
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Only occurred on the characters that got forced respec for me.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    None of my characters were forced respec but all of them has that grey out and "This campaign is coming soon!"
    Also, the collection icon has the same issue (the Ctrl-j one).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I get on every character, every time. None of my characters got reset.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    One char got reset. All have this issue.
  • taikaias#9396 taikaias Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    I am getting this problem and not just on the Campaign Journal Tab, but none of my characters have gotten reset yet after the March 24th patch. It said that error on my Collections page too.
  • theraxin#5169 theraxin Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    It happens for me too, but strangely, not always. I have not got respecced, but want to note that the hotkeys work. Only the clicking doesn't, so it did not really made an issue for me.

Also, the "Campaign is not available" is shown when hovering into the collections icon too.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    I'm getting it today across all my characters.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • cdharben#9118 cdharben Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    This is happening to me as well, on both respect and non respec'd toons.
  • hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    Before patch

Collection Catalog

https://imgur.com/XtJZINE

After Patch
    https://imgur.com/oELdzAV

Sword Coast Chronicles and Legacy Campaigns

Before Patch
    https://imgur.com/Dth8MVh

After Patch
    https://imgur.com/enwKT5g

I don't care about workarounds ... there is nothing to inform the new user that a collection system even exists or that they can open their Journal from the icon menu now. How is this improving User experience???

Why was this rolled out before the replacement was finished? I would think you'd want to deploy the menus/codes first and later provide a link to them ... just an observation.

As I have been opening and storing/updating the Injured Soldier and Medic outfits from the Event, the icons appear when there is something 'new' in the collection or some task in the Journal that need attention. Otherwise they are grayed out. Character level (31/65/80) makes no difference.
  • ogkush12ogkush12 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    does anyone else have a bug where they cant post zen for AD
  • rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    pressing esc twice makes the icon ''available'' again, at least for me it did
  • kristykay69kristykay69 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    The icon does not highlight when a task finishes in a campaign, either.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Team was made aware of the issue and has fixed it internally. Fix should go live in a future patch.

In the meantime, a workaround for PC is to hit ESC twice.