test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Acturia is way too overpowered

I have been playing for over five years. I have a tank which is almost level 26k IL. I have tried Lair Of The Mad Mage over a dozen times and have never gotten past the first boss acturia. I have watched the videos on YouTube, read the suggestions on Reddit but that boss fight is just impossible. I'm at the point now I am thinking of giving up on the game because if I can play daily as I do and still not be able to get past something it really takes the fun out of the game. What's the point of leveling up IL if it has no effect on this sort of thing?

I had the same problem with Ravenloft. To this day I have never finished it as I have never been able to defeat the final boss. I'm IL 26k and can't beat the boss from a few mods ago. I am kitted out BIS with what I have read online. It just doesn't make any sense.

You guys need to work on your leveling as it's driving away players.

Comments

• zebulondaktoidzebulondaktoid Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    I play on PC so am unsure whether it is harder or if the game is just more difficult to control on console, but have you been running LOMM with an alliance group or have you been pugging it? Pugging LOMM is very hit and miss as you only need an inexperienced healer or one underpowered dps to make Arcturia very difficult to complete.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    I've played with plenty of tanks who CAN do it. so you're most likely just doing something wrong. maybe try to find a good tank in alliance and get some pointers.. Also what zebunlondaktoid said, but if you're also having problems with ravenloft guessing you're just doing something incorrectly.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited March 2020

I have been playing for over five years. I have a tank which is almost level 26k IL. I have tried Lair Of The Mad Mage over a dozen times and have never gotten past the first boss acturia. I have watched the videos on YouTube, read the suggestions on Reddit but that boss fight is just impossible. I'm at the point now I am thinking of giving up on the game because if I can play daily as I do and still not be able to get past something it really takes the fun out of the game. What's the point of leveling up IL if it has no effect on this sort of thing?

I had the same problem with Ravenloft. To this day I have never finished it as I have never been able to defeat the final boss. I'm IL 26k and can't beat the boss from a few mods ago. I am kitted out BIS with what I have read online. It just doesn't make any sense.

You guys need to work on your leveling as it's driving away players.

26k item level is a meaningless number without knowing your gear and what your version of "proper passive tanking companions and stat allocation are"... it is so easy to inflate gear with all the wrong stuff and then con yourself into believing you are good to go cause item level means everything ...(cryptic fault not yours)

also your mounts and its active bonuses/attack power can play a big part in strategy / cheesing it ..

"I am kitted out BIS with what I have read online. It just doesn't make any sense."
    (fyi kitted out bis would be between 27.5k and 28k ish ..you still you have ~2000k item level still left on the table ..

what did you read online ? where what build ? plz link

dont forget you may be getting "scaled" to level 80 in level 80 content . (i know reduclous ) which also makes it harder / further reducing some of your stats ..

maybe its a group guild/ player quality ) issue as well if your guild could not give advice how to overcome(never succeeded on a run ) and you had to ask in the forums what does it say about the quality of guild you are in and the advice they give ...dont get me wrong i am sure they are "all good cool guys and all " but sometimes people can outgrow thier guild as well ..
    Post edited by kalina311 on
  • xzhcx#8677 xzhcx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    There's no issues with LoMM on XB1, Arcturia is annoying to be sure but I've completed this probably 100 times with good tanks, trash tanks and no tanks. This is a DPS check boss so maybe DPS is the problem...? If your DPS can't kill the mimics you can quickly get overrun with golems. And of course due to randomness, some runs are just horrible because she constantly spawns butterfly swarms and/or picks one of the DPS to constantly drop oil slicks on. Nevermind human error where the healer doesn't spot the cocooned person in time or one of the DPS gets turned around and goes to wrong corner for mimics or a hundred other little things that can doom this fight.
  • d3monicekoolaidd3monicekoolaid Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    She's not overpowered. She's completely broken. Sometimes mimics don't stop, she cocoons during mimic phase. @nitocris83 I have already made a thread about LoMM bugs and a huge issue with the soulweaver paragon. can't you guys just be decent to us and make a list of known bugs? I literally stress out wondering what does and doesn't work on this game.
  • cptsternn#2510 cptsternn Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    My stats:

Power 117,721

Armour Penetration 85,976

Critical Strike 84,458

Accuracy 82,035

Combat Advantage 122,971

Defence 71,606

Critical Avoidance 71,573

Deflect 62,029

Awareness 83,492

IL 25,827

I use an augment no companion. Most of my gear has been swapped out to Avernus (pants, shirt, some armour) and what isn't is still Protege. I am pugging it mostly.

I am reading that pugging it can be a problem but sure, LOMM is in the queues now so if pugging it is a problem they should not have it in the queue.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited March 2020

My stats:

Power 117,721

Critical Strike 84,458

Accuracy 82,035

Combat Advantage 122,971

Defence 71,606

Deflect 62,029

Awareness 83,492

IL 25,827

I use an augment no companion. Most of my gear has been swapped out to Avernus (pants, shirt, some armour) and what isn't is still Protege. I am pugging it mostly.

I am reading that pugging it can be a problem but sure, LOMM is in the queues now so if pugging it is a problem they should not have it in the queue.

to start off yes you use an augment as your main "companion that holds your bonding rune stone and such ..yes but there are 6 other auxiliary companion slots on the same page that also share powers and stats .. depending on the level they are upgraded too .

but your class is a gf or gwf or pally ?
    that is the gear i was talking about you specifically did not mention key pieces of gear that can make or break you .

what is you augment companion then ?
    how many hitpoints do you have ?
    what is your imcomming healing bonus..are you using tactical enchantments to boost this
    how many boon points do you have out of a possible 71 ?
    what is your weapon set.? what is your offhand stat (cube of augmentations) rerolled to 2000-2500)
    what is your armor and weapon enchantments?
    are you using armor kits and all your gear and accessories ?
    what rings are you using ?

what level is your guild ?
    what guild offensive / defensive boons are available/ defense / hitpoints/ crit / power/ armor pen
    is that your defense /crit avoidance score using the guild boon or not
    you can switch these depending n load out as well !

what is your mount(s) and combat bonuses you are using ? key pieces of gear that can make or break you .

and what are the six passive companions you are using ? what powers / bonuses are they all legendary ?
    and what level are they upgraded to ? key pieces of gear that can make or break you .

what are the 5 mount and insignia bonuses you are using and what level are your 15 insignia's at
    are they all legendary? key pieces of gear that can make or break you .

what cheap potions/ food / guild are you drinking to become more tank / add more hitpoints etc ?
    more stats left on the table that do not add to item level but add to your over all effectiveness/ success .?
    key pieces of gear that can make or break you .
    what is in your potion tray /what clickies charms ?
    are you using health stones and scrolls ? in hard content

that is where I believe the problem may lie

stats just like item level are irrelevant(ya you are making most of the minimums for level 80 content) and that is really not the whole story unless we know what your gear is .. and i had specifically asked what passive companions you were using and their bonuses to help with tanking .survivalist

P.S your defense is too low for a tank that needs to be pushed up to 80k to 85k for the newest content
    and consider pushing up you crit avoidance and deflect as well if you are tanking not dpsing
    that is one of your biggest problems !!

thats looks more like a dps loadout for clearing and doing dailies ..with high offensive stats
    i would consider having more loadouts one for dungeon tanking and one more messing around and clearing dailies and stuff

so summary ..in short ..your defensive stats are too low for a real Tank/and not high enough for a real dps power being low ) (but good for daily clearing and messing around ( . but your class is a gf or gwf ? (we are not talking about and scaled low level content here that is entirely anothe r animal as far as messing with stats go

sorry to be so long winded but these are the things a ranking guild member or officer should have gone over with you .. powers and rotations i cannot help you with and are a subject for discussion in another thread

I think you just need some stat tweaking and load out
    and some work on acquiring the optimal companion / insignia etc
    Post edited by kalina311 on
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User

My stats:

Power 117,721

Critical Strike 84,458

Accuracy 82,035

Combat Advantage 122,971

Defence 71,606

Deflect 62,029

Awareness 83,492

IL 25,827

Yer stats look good, I was doing just fine as a pally tank with all my critical tank stats(def, crit avoid, deflect) at 68K+., and around 100-110k power. I ran it with a doohickey for an extra attack, and made it my mission to use the encounters only on the mimics. I have not run it since finishing the new campaign, with all my stats at 70k+(and no Avernus gear). ALso do'nt run the rusted boots or whatever they're called(the ones with the -25% incoming healing bonus) in group content. That will really make yer healers life difficult...

If you are not going with a guild group that is halfway decent dps, then you will always fail. I've tried pugging LoMM 2x, and both groups I got were absolute trash. Either the healer was nfg, or the dps just wasn't high enough/ the dps crew didn't have enough defense stat(68K min).
  • talarue#8561 talarue Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Yeah with those stats the stats are not the issue. Without being in the runs with you I cannot point out your problem. Is there noone in your guild or alliance willing or able to help you get you through your cherry run and learn the dungeon? Have you asked?
  • volournvolourn Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Tanks should not be the issue on Arcturia. They're the least important class versus her. DPS and Heals is the key. Tanks are needed more vs worm and especially against Trobriand. I don't believe any group has failed against Arcturia because the tank wasn't good enough. Check your teammates' DPS and healing stats. Plus, make sure everyone is getting the mimics. As a tank, I can in theory fend off 5 or so golems for a bit. Any more than that, even a strong tank will die rather quick and need some fancy footwork. That isn't counting Arcturia butterflying/oilslicking you across the map either. For this fight, focus on offense abilities for the mimics so you can do your part with your healer partner. Another to keep in mind, is incoming healing - more than a few DPS have great offensive stats but their incoming healing is horrid so they wonder why the cleric can't heal them fast enough when they are butterflied...