test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How do I remove the crosshairs

saban101saban101 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
The target reticle is driving me insane, I hate it if im not playing fps, I dont care about screenshots either, I want it permanently gone while I play the game, I see no option to remove this unsightly target, any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    You don't.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I have been preaching this from day one. I was an alpha tester, so I do mean day one. Seems like such a simple fix.

@nitocris83
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    remove the pointer and you destroy the game.
  • Options

remove the pointer and you destroy the game.

Could you elaborate on that statement?

I have heard of people who can't seem to find the center of the screen... is this your problem?
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    Swapping out feats/dailies/encounters will be VERY confusing if you take out the pointer. Accurately positioning AOEs would also be hindered very much with this gone.
  • Options
    samerikersameriker Member Posts: 169 Arc User

Swapping out feats/dailies/encounters will be VERY confusing if you take out the pointer. Accurately positioning AOEs would also be hindered very much with this gone.

You don't understand this topic. They are not talking about the mouse cursor, they are talking about the circle and dot reticle. In the center of your HUD that isn't used for melee combat. Never bothers me, it has been there for 7 years burning a hole in the center of my mind.
    Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident; the only earthly certainty is oblivion. ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    @durugudesu yes, we don't mean the mouse pointer. I am also saying it should be optional not mandatory.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User

The "crosshairs' in question is the dot that tends to be centered on your screen when you don't see the mouse pointer.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    For me the 'close hair' (a dot in a circle) tells me where the enemy is before it is in sight. It changes colour depends on what it is pointing to. It also adds a symbol to tell you what it is.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options

For me the 'close hair' (a dot in a circle) tells me where the enemy is before it is in sight. It changes colour depends on what it is pointing to. It also adds a symbol to tell you what it is.

I am glad someone enjoys it. For me, it is just annoying. My ranger can point in the general direction of any creature and it will light up with a red aura and the name and health bar above it. When I fire the arrow the control shifts to a "closer" target, one I was not aiming at and it shoots the wrong target. This frequently happens when I want to shoot the Deathlock Wight spawning zombies, and the control pulls me away to shoot the weakest zombie.

I haven't played Star Trek in a very long time. However, they had it where I could draw/holster my weapon. I could aim at a brick wall and shoot the brick wall if that is what I was aiming to shoot. I could swap to reticle/no reticle mode.

Meanwhile my ranger here in NW hits 100% of the time, his arrows curve around corners to hit their targets. Such realism is just too much... :-1: If I could miss, I would want a reticle. But I cannot miss, the target is painted red in halo, and can't even control what I want to shoot at because the game system knows better.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User

I am glad someone enjoys it. For me, it is just annoying. My ranger can point in the general direction of any creature and it will light up with a red aura and the name and health bar above it. When I fire the arrow the control shifts to a "closer" target, one I was not aiming at and it shoots the wrong target. This frequently happens when I want to shoot the Deathlock Wight spawning zombies, and the control pulls me away to shoot the weakest zombie.

I haven't played Star Trek in a very long time. However, they had it where I could draw/holster my weapon. I could aim at a brick wall and shoot the brick wall if that is what I was aiming to shoot. I could swap to reticle/no reticle mode.

Meanwhile my ranger here in NW hits 100% of the time, his arrows curve around corners to hit their targets. Such realism is just too much... :-1: If I could miss, I would want a reticle. But I cannot miss, the target is painted red in halo, and can't even control what I want to shoot at because the game system knows better.
    Everyone has different favour. I basically use it as a quick radar sweep to swing my character to check if there is any foe without staring. Then, I can choose another route. i.e just looking at one spot, if it changes color, zip the mount another way. I can spot the red dot earlier than I can spot the foe regardless the colour of the background. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited March 2020

To be honest I don't think that removing the crosshair will change it. If the hitboxes overlap you will always be drawn to the closest. The real issue is that hitboxes seem be differ from what you see on screen
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options
    edited March 2020

To be honest I don't think that removing the crosshair will change it. If the hitboxes overlap you will always be drawn to the closest. The real issue is that hitboxes seem be differ from what you see on screen
    That is not my point to removing the crosshair/reticle. That issue is purely cosmetic. I was explaining why they are unneeded in this game. If you are playing a game where your shot can miss the target, you need the reticle to hit. In those games, the target could move before you hit the fire button and miss. This game cannot seem to decide to be an arcade shooter or a real time strategy. Now some people reading this, have never played Champions Online (also made by Cryptic) but even that game has the option of reticle/no reticle and option of auto aiming on/off. All I want are the options, lots of options.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    That reticle as plasticbat pointed out, is something very useful. not only does it allow me to not lose sight of my target but it gives me an idea of where my cursor will be, once i press alt - because it always appears a little bit below it.

This basically serves as my cursor, and removing it is the same as removing the accuracy of finding out where the pointer is once you need to swap powers, while fighting.
  • Options
    It is not a cursor, it doesn't move. The center of your screen will always be the center of your screen. I guess I can visualize where that is and others need that assistance. My point still remains it should be a choice.
    wb-cenders.gif