test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mail/UI rant/discussion

thebolshe#1045 thebolshe Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited March 2020 in Player Feedback (PC)
Seriously, is it this hard to make a delete all/take all button for mail ? Yes i am sure i want to delete this message !
Why can you just press enter to confirm some things (buy stuff for instance) but not for other things (convert into RP) ?
Why ther is no consistency in how drops are picked up ? You need either to press F, walk on it or it can go directly in your inventory. Why not just pick one ?
Why can't you show more bids in the AH that the window size ? Why can't we choose between scrolling and pages to browse bids ? Sometimes, the AH doesn't show bids unless you explicitly click the category.
There are popups everywhere for, almost every action that you take.
Why can't you show the numbers on the lifebars on the UI ?

Do the people in charge of developping the UI ever tested it themselves ? Do they think that the UI is good ? Because some of these issues are present since launch.

The UI the most crucial element of a game so fixing it should be the top priority ! And why is it not moddable ?

I just did a quick search for UI in this section. 93 pages. And most of these issues are still present
Post edited by thebolshe#1045 on

Comments

• b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    If I had to take a guess on why the ui can not be modded and why all these things you are saying can not be done then my best guess would be the coding and structure of the coding.
    most games created with that feature uses uma based coding to allow luna type modding to happen inside their game. This game does not use such a thing and there simply can not handle mods.
    Now to allow the feature they would have to recreate the game using the correct based coding to allow that feature and lets be real and honest doing this cost a company not only money but their time.
    They simply would never recreate the game using new coding knowing the the time invested and money put in would be to high.
    This same reason is why most games using old gaming engines never really update the engine.
    However I will say that to a degree I agree with the ui. It can be changed around but would be nice to see mods and such in the game one of these days but I am sure never will happen.