test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ME&WE companion equipment, reliable way to get.

Running new content and reaching stat caps without the companion equipment from MEs and WEs is difficult. As a player who has farmed them and not been able to get that evasive last piece of equipment, I understand some frustration. I suggest another currency that you can trade your etchings in for a piece of your choice. I thought maybe around 30 per piece. 3 a day, for a new character farming it would still take a month to gear up keeping farming in the mix but also allowing reliability and access to the newer areas more available. Possible adding equipment to that list, however leaving staff of flowers and other high ticket items out of the mix as possible loot items for those still wanting to make a dime grinding out the RNG. Thanks for your time. TLDR; new ME&WE currency, buy your comp equipment, leave out AD items, still make it slightly grindy.

Comments

• snakes#7293 snakes Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Please dev's rng for this is killing me have a heart 😓
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User

Running new content and reaching stat caps without the companion equipment from MEs and WEs is difficult. As a player who has farmed them and not been able to get that evasive last piece of equipment, I understand some frustration. I suggest another currency that you can trade your etchings in for a piece of your choice. I thought maybe around 30 per piece. 3 a day, for a new character farming it would still take a month to gear up keeping farming in the mix but also allowing reliability and access to the newer areas more available. Possible adding equipment to that list, however leaving staff of flowers and other high ticket items out of the mix as possible loot items for those still wanting to make a dime grinding out the RNG. Thanks for your time. TLDR; new ME&WE currency, buy your comp equipment, leave out AD items, still make it slightly grindy.

I'd much rather see them increase the drop rate of the 1010 pieces I haven't gotten even one of yet than spend 10 days farming another currency. If they're gonna add a store for this, it should be no more than 3 etchings per piece. This way you have a choice, ad or gear. I'm already beyond tired of mes, wes, and fes, that I really don't wanna keep farming them as it is just to get one or 2 more pieces that would give me an ideal balance instead of being just barely suboptimal...
  • arious#9356 arious Member Posts: 4 Arc User

I'd much rather see them increase the drop rate of the 1010 pieces I haven't gotten even one of yet than spend 10 days farming another currency. If they're gonna add a store for this, it should be no more than 3 etchings per piece. This way you have a choice, ad or gear. I'm already beyond tired of mes, wes, and fes, that I really don't wanna keep farming them as it is just to get one or 2 more pieces that would give me an ideal balance instead of being just barely suboptimal...
    So the issue I see with your suggestion is it still remains unreliable. even an increase in drop rate... the amount of 1010 equipment is a bit greater than what you think, especially on a chance basis. If, walking into this as a new player or old/returning, you need 3 pieces of companion equipment there is no guarantee you'll even get one piece of what you need with just a simple increased chance. As for your idea of a shop, the nature of an MMORPG is to farm for the loot and so on. So the reason I suggested the amount is to keep with the nature of the game itself. Most campaigns take around a month to complete, some longer some shorter. This idea was presented in a way thats fairly balanced to the players and the developers. Remember, the point of a game is to keep you playing. At the end of the day they are still a business. This gives them play time, while giving us what we need to, you guessed it, play even more of the game. It's a win win. Asking for too much will not have you noticed, which is my goal. At the very least they can adopt the idea and play with the numbers themselves.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Yes, random items that are mandatory being BoC is a big design flaw of this game. Is frustrating to repeat 1000 times the content you dont want to run just to get a lotto ticket.

I'd suggest change all the items from expeditions to BoE so undergeared players can farm them and get some AD.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User

Yes, random items that are mandatory being BoC is a big design flaw of this game. Is frustrating to repeat 1000 times the content you dont want to run just to get a lotto ticket.

I'd suggest change all the items from expeditions to BoE so undergeared players can farm them and get some AD.

All items from all drops should be unbound, period end of story. BtA on equip at the worst so that if I get something betterer for my main I can move it down the line(I know when I first started playing that comps and mounts were like this, as I had moved a few comps and mounts that I was using on my main to my 1st alt when I got something better for my main, until I they nerfed it).

This would allow people that want to farm their keester off to sell for ad the chance to do so, and it would allow weekend warriors like me to avoid the constant grind of the same effing me/we/fe 3-5 times daily per toon just in the hopes that maybe, just maybe, I will get the pieces I actually want for my toons.

I have probably enough 1010 comp gear for my 3 best toons right now. The issue is it's not the right gear, realistically for any one of them. I only just as of 3-15-2020 have my pally essentially dialed in for IC(he's less than 10% off the caps on the most important stats, and good enough on the others, and realistically if all he's supposed to do is stand there and get wailed on, I can bring him to near ideal with zero effort, he just wouldn't be any fun in PVE).

My issue is there's no way for me to horse trade, or sell the stuff I don't want/need to get the stuff I want/need. An exchange vendor would be awesome(I know it won't happen), and even more ideally would be IF another currency is to be created for buying exactly what I want, then 1, it should be 1x currency for each piece, and 2, the items are BtA(on equip) at worst. I like being able to really play around with this comp gear to figure out who can the best benefit from each piece.

My biggest issue is the stuff that drops all the time, is stuff I already have. Same issue with the gifts of simril at x-mas, dropped all kinds of BtC comps, and other items that I already had better versions of, or had one that was in use. So I couldn't sell it on the AH, nor can I sell it for gold...