test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Codg - Massive Fps Drops and/or Lag - Crashes

trelamytrelamy Member Posts: 56 Arc User
edited February 2020 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hello. I've ran 4 codg's through the RTQ the last week.

As the elevator descends, upon the spawn of the mobs, Fps drops to zero, we get massive lag and screen gets frozen. This happens on every spawn of mobs as the elevator descends. Sometimes happens on the skull phase during the projection of Acererak as well.

Please take a look at this. Thanks
Our beliefs don't make us better people. Our actions do.

Comments

• Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Issue has been reported and is being investigated.
  • Options
    darkstarrfoffdarkstarrfoff Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    I've got the same issue. I hear if you zoom in it doesn't cause the issue. Either way something is broken since I'm running a 1080 Ti and a 3700x and it drops to a slideshow at times.
  • Options
    trelamytrelamy Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    Hey i did some test runs and the issue for me, seems to be the artifact Envenomed Storyteller's Journal.
    Our beliefs don't make us better people. Our actions do.
  • Options
    cracklepants#2252 cracklepants Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    yeah, 100% crash rate for me on all toons.
  • Options
    stormboundsoulstormboundsoul Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 34 Arc User
    Disconect, time out-relog-...long time player getting bummed.
  • Options
    cracklepants#2252 cracklepants Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Wait 35 minutes for pug queue, see CODG. Give it a try with the looking into a corner trick, crash. c'mon guys, this is a problem, please remove from RTQ. Easy fix.
  • Options
    zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    For me it never crashes. But for every elevator mob-spawn.. my framerate stalls until the last enemy is dead. I literally play blind (a little lag on buttons but not as bad). The fact that the same thing does not happen when the skulls & slimes appear, means there is something going on... a glitch. Maybe the program is forcing a bunch of checks or performing multitides of RNGs, or is in a countdown/step loop. Maybe a complicated invisible set of graphics are being rendered for no good reason.

Best Guess: The elevator drop graphics themselves are taking up too much framerate... none left over for the mob.