test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Item level bugs

I have been seeing my item levels go up and down as of late, I've worked hard to get my character where it is and this is really not sitting well with me. I understand that your stats will fluctuate but item levels should not and this is just 1 of the many bugs i keep finding with this game. I took a break from this game and ive been back for a month now and its worse then ever.

I started taking screen shots because I knew it wasnt me seeing things, at 1st I noticed when i upgraded 2 of my armor enchantments and added a new 14 enchantment, in addition, to 3 boons and not much of a change reflected on my item level, but today its dropped from yesterday item level 24,867 to 24,515. I just checked again and in the time it took me to write this and take the screen shots out of my ps4 now its 24,590. What's going on here?

Great! now i have to upload the screenshots to a url in order to post it here ufffffff my frustration levels are at its peak. If you need them I will upload them somewhere else so i can upload them here (yeah makes perfect sense... NOT!) and If you dont then i wont go to the trouble of having to post them somewhere else to add them here. aaaaanyways, fix this!

Comments

• caelia#3631 caelia Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Oh! and i also noticed a change in loadouts as well, when i switch to my healer my item level goes down,
    edit: aaaaand i just upgraded the runestones on my companion and it went from 24,590 to 24,598 :/ I am done with buying and upgrading anything for my character until this is fixed.
    Post edited by caelia#3631 on
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited March 2020

Oh! and i also noticed a change in loadouts as well, when i switch to my healer my item level goes down,
    edit: aaaaand i just upgraded the runestones on my companion and it went from 24,590 to 24,598 :/ I am done with buying and upgrading anything for my character until this is fixed.

Unless two loadout has everything identical, it will almost never have the same item level.
    For my own setup, one loadout is 22K and the other is 17K.
    So, do they have the same boon points? Do you they have the same mount insignia? Do they use the same companion? Do they have the same gear? .....

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

Unless two loadout has everything identical, it will almost never have the same item level.
    For my own setup, one loadout is 22K and the other is 17K.
    So, do they have the same boon points? Do you they have the same mount insignia? Do they use the same companion? Do they have the same gear? .....

Yep! everything the same I checked it all over and over again. If the item level is based off of your armor, enchantments, boons, companions, mounts and even guild boons... ect ... then it should match and not be less then what it is or go down and btw, it did match when I had to redo my boons and powers last update it was the same on both loadouts and now its not and whats worse my main loadout has gone down for no reason. I upgraded some enchantments on my armor and companion today and nothing. As a matter of fact, I took off the ruins and companion item from my companion and it only went down i few points which shouldnt happen at all. It should go down considerably when i remove those. So something is deffinetly wrong.
    edited March 2020
    I am posting this so you can see ... As you can see this is my devout cleric item level is 12,948 (this is the correct item level based on my last one) all items/mounts/enchantments/companions are the same
    https://i.imgur.com/KL6riHZ.jpg

I change loadouts to my arbitor and the item level goes down to 12,523 thats a difference of 425, which btw is even less then the last time i posted it was 12,598. I have all the screen shots to prove it.
    https://i.imgur.com/i6pavO4.jpg

FYI: Both pictures were taken a few minutes ago
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User

I am posting this so you can see ... As you can see this is my devout cleric item level is 12,948 (this is the correct item level based on my last one) all items/mounts/enchantments/companions are the same
    https://i.imgur.com/KL6riHZ.jpg

I change loadouts to my arbitor and the item level goes down to 12,523 thats a difference of 425, which btw is even less then the last time i posted it was 12,598. I have all the screen shots to prove it.
    https://i.imgur.com/i6pavO4.jpg

FYI: Both pictures were taken a few minutes ago

Based on your pictures, there is a 'deer' in the background of your Arbiter and not your Devout.
    Is there a companion difference?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited March 2020
    These are 2 different load outs for the same character and the dear is on both accounts. When you go into your character sheet the background is see through thats why you see the deer in one and not the other pic, because the deer hops around.

No companion difference, I have checked ... re-checked and checked again over 10 times to find where the difference is between one and the other.

• fattonydamicofattonydamico Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I feel better knowing I'm not the only one with multiple IL issues. I've had problems since the new mod 18. Dropped 4000il on my main. Respec did not even bring it close to where it was. Of course, two characters have been reset three times. Very annoying. I've been taking screen shots of everything and not upgrading any of my characters either. If it is a bug it's a nasty one!

Cryptic you should just get rid of item level and make the dungeons and areas stat based. This is part of the problem in new dungeons where nobody can perform their job because their stats aren't there.. but yaay they are 24k because they put on all the newest gear weeeeee! I see 27k players doing Tiamat wrong. Oh dear God .....this week of 2x.... poor Tiamat....

Imho thats not a cryptic issue its a player issue. I do get where you are coming from cause if you are 27k and your stats suck then thats just a problem on the players end, which in turn affects the overall efficiency of completing a dungeon. I for one dont bother doing dungeons certain dungeons if I know my stats arent correct, and to base on stats alone since they fluctuate, hmmmmm idk.
  • minionbobminionbob Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    i'm seeing something similar however i am not making any loadout changes, simply teleporting to the PE from the stronghold. It is not completely random as it happens more often than not. i drop 181 item level by teleporting. https://imgur.com/a/u8VtcnC you can see the difference just teleporting from the stronghold to the Protectors Enclave makes. If i teleport back to the stronghold again the item level remains lower, the only way to bring it back up ,that i have found, is to switch toons and go back to this toon original again. This is highly repeatable and one thing that i have found is that the item level seems to remain constant if i dismiss my companion and then teleport around.
    minionbob said:

i'm seeing something similar however i am not making any loadout changes, simply teleporting to the PE from the stronghold. It is not completely random as it happens more often than not. i drop 181 item level by teleporting. https://imgur.com/a/u8VtcnC you can see the difference just teleporting from the stronghold to the Protectors Enclave makes. If i teleport back to the stronghold again the item level remains lower, the only way to bring it back up ,that i have found, is to switch toons and go back to this toon original again. This is highly repeatable and one thing that i have found is that the item level seems to remain constant if i dismiss my companion and then teleport around.

Yep its happened to me once again! I lost 327 points on my item level just yesterday. I went from 25,304 down to 24,977. Funny you should mention teleporting because mine went down when i visited Icewindale (last time as well) I also noticed that if i switch my companion the level goes up to 25,003, if wish i could pin point with more accuracy so that the devs can have a precise point to look at.

For now, it really just comes down to teleporting and .... maybe companions?
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited April 2020

minionbob said:

Yep its happened to me once again! I lost 327 points on my item level just yesterday. I went from 25,304 down to 24,977. Funny you should mention teleporting because mine went down when i visited Icewindale (last time as well) I also noticed that if i switch my companion the level goes up to 25,003, if wish i could pin point with more accuracy so that the devs can have a precise point to look at.

For now, it really just comes down to teleporting and .... maybe companions?
    did you think to check if your stats themselves are being affected (power crit etc )and not just the item level it may help to pin point the issue .. also insure you are not going into a zone that your are being scaled in before taking a screen cap of your stats themselves(you may see the companion and its bonding is/are changing all of your stats

take the companion on and off and see how drastically they change as well ...

• minionbobminionbob Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    with mine i am going unscaled zone to unscaled zone, SH to PE and as i stated no pet, no change, with pet it changes. So it is definitely companion related