test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Siege of Neverwinter Feedback

Comments

• athrogate#3634 athrogate Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    -What are your thoughts on the duration of Siege? (currently at 2 weeks)
    length is fine - actually think most events should be this long, your weekend runs with multiple events overlapping is a pain. Example: cant do professions grind and a currency grind on same weekend

-What aspects of Siege do you enjoy the most?
    Vouchers, Vouchers, Vouchers

I enjoy the least that;
    Voucher pickup:Need vouchers to go to auto-pickup - fix in stronghold also
    Frequency of vouchers, sometimes hit a good run of them other times get nothing - fix frequency in strong hold also
    Vouchers seem to drop more when heroics are running but bosses are too easy to kill
    Constant banter and fighting in chat from people asking not to kill bosses but people need bosses for their two heroics. Need way to separate people farming vouchers and people completing heroics - private instance perhaps or all odd instances do Heroics and all even instances do voucher farming
    Prizes never change - have hundreds of mounts/companions and don't understand why we have the same mounts/companions for all the events through the year. If your not changing prizes then include way to convert currency to rAD

-What motivates you to engage with this event and, if you don't, what would motivate you?
    Motivation: Vouchers, new characters able to get purple mount
    More Motivation: More voucher drops, Bring back XP tomes, need way to get rAD, new mounts, new companions

-What are your thoughts on the map used for Siege?
    I like the map
  • xenocide#6119 xenocide Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    Siege of neverwinter.

Overall I think its a pretty good event, definitely one of the better ones. The number of people and instances that are active in it I think shows that many others also feel the same way.
    The 2 weeks is a good length for the event although having the event a little more frequently would be nice. Perhaps every 4-6 months?
    The size of the map is good, allowing players to be able to get to the heroics before they are completed.

The main things that I like about the siege event are
    -Vouchers are plentiful and makes the event feel worthwhile (rewarding) to farm.
    -The easy of killing mobs in this zone makes it a nice plays to just relax, and play. A nice getaway from the end game dungeons/trials.
    -The amount of players in the area, and participating in the Heroic Encounters.

However, aside from the vouchers and epic mount the rewards feel outdated.
    The Neverwinter Defender's Pack comes with 4 dye packs. Having more than 1 of the same type is no longer useful with the current transmute system. It also can contain Silvery Dragon Scale which is outdated as well.
    2 Peridots should be replaced with a blood ruby as Refinement points are not nearly as valuable as they used to be.
    Instead of a chance at getting a refiner's cache, how about adding it straight to the campaign store. Purchasable for X number of cult medalions.

The Cult Bounty's Tab from the supplies sergent has rank 5 enchantments (the same rank we purchase with adventurer shards earned from running cloak tower)
    Improving these to rank 7 or 8, and raising the cost is reasonable.

The Quartermaster's Enchantments are also very outdated, some ideas to update this enchantment.
    -Remove eldritch runestones from the bags.
    -Add rewards for levels 71-80

Dragon glyphs also feel outdated, 600 damage over 6 seconds is very small. An overload enchantment that gives such a small boost should have a longer uptime. Even raising it to 60seconds (100% uptime) wouldnt make these enchantments very desirable, but would help out the lower-mid tier players somewhat.

Also, the frequency of the HE's could be toned down slightly (or better rewarded)
    While farming vouchers the constant dragon/catapult spawns can feel intrusive as they lower the amount of mob spawns and the cult bounty insignias dont really feel rewarding.
    It would be nice to see preservation wards added to supply sergeant's 'cult bounty' tab.
    Maybe a 5 pack of preservation wards for X dragon cult insignias.
  • bill45bill45 Member Posts: 1 New User
    after my level 10 charter did the event then went to the tower area they deid and i cant play the character anymore it freezes the game
  • froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    The duration is fine. Most players lose interest in anything after 2 weeks anyway.

-What aspects of Siege do you enjoy the most? What aspects do you enjoy the least?
    Enjoy: not much.
    Enjoy Least: it’s been the same for years. vouchers rarely drop, enemies are too weak, reward are 'meh' at best.

-What motivates you to engage with this event and, if you don't, what would motivate you?
    Nothing currently motivates me to run siege. Perhaps account bound rewards would get me to run it for a bit.

The map is too small and, well, tired.

Siege used to be a great way help level my guild. But now vouchers rarely drop, enemies are killed faster than I can get to them (or I kill them faster than others can get to them), enemies take too long to respawn, heroics take too long to spawn and have virtually useless rewards. I used to (maybe 3 -4 years ago) really focus on siege, but now I may pop in for a bit if I’m bored. My guild hasn’t needed any vouchers in a long time. The store has BTC stuff and I don’t feel like running on multiple toons. No gear that drops in siege that I’m aware of and if it did it would be dated as the event is scaled to level 60.

I’d love to see a rework of the event bringing it up to level 80. Incorporating a new story, larger map, new siege type heroics occurring at regular intervals (put a timer in please or schedule it at a set time). Furthermore, I want to see desirable rewards. Vallenhas was great to run for the first two weeks as many people were doing heroics and jumping maps, why?, because of the reward potential (Juma bags). Perhaps something similar could happen with siege. I’d love to get back to the days of over 100 siege instances and I think that requires a fresh approach to the event.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • kir4me8604#8436 kir4me8604 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    The duration is awesome. Long enough for everyone to get a chance to participate.

-What aspects of Siege do you enjoy the most? What aspects do you enjoy the least?
    Enjoy the most: The Battlefield Heroics - more random heroic types. More quests types for currencies.

Enjoy the least: The Siege Professions, Out of date rewards (lesser dragon glyphs, rank 7 enchantments.....)

Motivations:
    The Vouchers, the Epic Mounts, Unique items and Rewards

Suggestions to improve: Event Currency Exchanges for Pres. Wards, Vouchers to restore Profession Morale, upgraded/reworked artifacts with competitive stats to the 3000 stat artifacts, upgraded/reworked artifact gear (valindra set upgraded stats and new set bonus), surprise us lol. Take what you have and make it better.
    Lack of New Rewards from the last Event discourages me to participate.

The map used on Siege is cool. We need a new map with higher difficulties and greater rewards. Keep the Original map after a few days open a new map with higher level enemies and greater rewards. Expanding the Story to include a new Siege Skirmish centered around the Cult of the Dragon. Take us to their Hideout. Let us meet the leader of the Cult. lol... Save NEVERWINTER. smiles

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    You meet and hopefully kill the cult leader in the Tiamat raid.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • kir4me8604#8436 kir4me8604 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    After I submitted it, I figured that. Thank you lol @pitshade
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    Since there's no new mount/armor/weapon skin and my guild is Rank 20 already i'm skipping this time, i have 5 toon all of them have all the mounts.

Is really good for new players, the griffin is a amazing starter mount and the chargers insignia power is usefull when leveling or low geared but one you have all the goods no reason to go back there...
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    > @pitshade said:
    > Change the BTC drops such as the mounts, artifacts to BTA. Getting the same reward over and over and being only able to discard it, is not rewarding at all.

^^ This...

This is my only issue with the event. I am running thru the event for my first time, being a new player, on all my toons (I have one of each class). Some have not gotten the mount drop yet, others have gotten it multiple times, and as they are BTC, they get deleted... Ouch!

CM
    sto-sig-pic.png
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    Personally I'm glad not to have a reason to run it.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User

2 weeks is fine.

Rewards. However, there is no new rewards for years. I have not exactly played the contents for years.
    All my 6 mains already has mounts, quartermaster, ....
    Our SH does not need vouchers.
    Good for new players though.
    Right now, I just craft Defense supply to exchange for event currency and hope there are worthwhile reward in the future.
    I have had this mind set for years and that future is still a future.
    Not much to enjoy at this moment, personally.

At the moment, I am not motivated.
    To be motivated, it needs better reward. Something new to play. Played everything in that set up for hundred times in the past already.

Need to be bigger if you want to add new content.
    The existing content is good for new players and should be kept.
    It needs new content for veteran players.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • cracklepants#2252 cracklepants Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    2 weeks is good
    Dragons should pop more often
    Update rewards
    Make all rewards BTA or unbind certain ones

I run it to sack away currency in case they update rewards, and due to nostalgia. It was where I met my guild leader and was recruited years ago, back when quartermasters were a "must have." We got to GH 20 before most quit due to mod16.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I have gotten 14 Green temporary horns and 0 blue ones... Starts to get discouraging.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    This event should feel big but it doesn't.
    It's a long event where many players from various guilds come together.
    Maybe we could have some sort of system similar to tiamats reclaiming the hoard where guilds work together to "push back the siege" or whatever.
    Either by donating defense supplies or dragon hoard
    Raising the meter could offer better rewards for the big heroics?

Or perhaps a leaderboard showing which guilds have donated the most
  • taikaias#9396 taikaias Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    The Siege is not dropping vouchers very often to upgrade the Stronghold. Some instances seem to be not dropping vouchers at all or stop dropping vouchers after dropping only one or two vouchers.
    edited March 2020
    I could be very lucky. I have no intention to do much in this event. However, for curiosity, I send my Ranger to Siege to check things out. She went there for 15 minutes, did 3 HE (none with fighting dragon; not avoiding it intentionally; it just did not pop). She got 12 blue vouchers. What she did was just standing there and shooting at-will arrows. And also got an blue mount.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    I think that some of the rewards should be replaced by stuff that could be considered useful to everyone.

The only reason I am still doing the event now is because I still have two toons without the siegebreaker griffon and I want it for them. Otherwise, I just use the event to farm for vouchers.

The items I mention for replacement is because I never had a use for any of it even when I first started playing as these items in particular were useless to me for when I was grinding it out to reach level 70 and then when I reached it and the event came back around again I had no use for any of the items mentioned as I either had a better version of the items already or in the case of the artifacts I already had 4 randomly generated artifacts equipped that were already about as useful except that what I had was already upgraded to epic.

The artifact Champions Banner could be replaced by an Epic Insignia Choice Pack.
    The artifact Champions Battle Horn could be replaced by a Rare Insignia Choice Pack.
    The Glyphs and Enchantments could be replaced by various uncommon insignia types.

All packs, insignia's and insignia from the packs should be Bound to Character. Having the items BtC helps with the replay-ability factor as players without resources will have to play each individual toon that they have decided are in need of an epic insignia and players with resources will still be taking advantage of the event to get insignia's for upgrading.

Other factors: In this set-up it requires 3+ siege events for any player to make a Legendary Insignia unless they already almost have the required number of epics of the same type or have the AD to purchase the remaining epic insignia needed for the upgrade. (Sorry, not sure how many epics are needed to upgrade to legendary I just know that it is not 2)

Please note, that my presumption here is that the BtC and BtA flags are removed when they are used for upgrading purposes so that any player can then use the upgraded item as they wish.

• scratcheesscratchees Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    this has always been one favorite events i always lecture my newbs prior about all the things and benefits from this event both stronghold building and just general charactor building has few goodies but yeah could use maybe a slight overhaul maybe some more rewards to work for maybe a chest with some more companion\mount chances reasonable ones tho or the grind would not be worth it.most my guys\girls have just about everything they need so they grind for sake\vouchers and guild marks but my lil guys are havin lotta fun with it
  • ninefingers222ninefingers222 Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    I ran 500+ HE's and I have not got a single mount and only 1 blue horn, I get rng is involved when it comes to drop rates, but this is ridiculously bad, it seems others do not have this problem and have literally seen these by the dozen ...
    Essence of Aggression, OG PvP GWF
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    rewards are meh, but good for new players, specifically getting access to an epic mount for free is nice

but the event should feel more strategic. we should be fighting back the siege not just rotating around a map toward HEs. In riverdistrict this concept was implemented well. better than any other module we have had. you had capturing and protecting the dig sites which impact the mobs around it. the dig sites and suppliers feed the ship to start the epic he. You also had the relationships between the minor he's and the major hes in the respective zones. All of this gave a feel like your actions in the zone made a difference vs everything being about timers and cooldowns which makes things feel repetitive.

The voucher systems to help guild is nice if guild marks had more value.

in an ideal world the siege could bleed into the strongholds

Either way, would be nice to see more creativity in events and less repetition. at least the feeling that your actions and participation has meaning in the game. Outside of riverdistrict and omu (donations to the shrines) there is very little feeling of strategy or that participation has consequence.
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    Duration: About right.

Enjoy the most? Nothing really... it's a slightly different grind to the current campaign that gives potentially useful vouchers if you are lucky. I suppose the map is kind of nice.

Enjoy the least? Rewards. Spending ages getting too few voucher drops, waiting for ages to get the 2 HEs for the daily and then getting abused for actually completing the HEs because the drops from non HE spawns are HAMSTER, and monsters don't respawn as fast as they do in the HEs.
    Rewards are out of date. R5 enchants are useless, even for RP. Lesser dragon glyphs would be OK, if they stacked. But they don't... so they suck. If there was a store selling them for Dragon Cult Insignia all year, then fine, but I am never stocking up on them because they are not worth the space they demand.

Dye Packs...
    Someone needs to do a pass on all event rewards and start by swapping out the hoards of dye packs with useful rewards. Keep the dye pack as a one off purchase, but since we now only need one of each per character, there is no point in constantly dumping loads of them per event.
    When you remove the need for something, but keep dumping it on the players as a "Reward" that's just poor housekeeping.

Nothing motivates me to take part in the siege any more. I have to make myself do it because I need vouchers. If I didn't need them, then nothing about it would make me want to take part any more. I used to like it, when the rewards were up to date and relevant. But making/earning a tonne of those supplies and buying a bunch of Defender's Packs to get Useless Dye packs, useless currency, and 9 times out 10 a crappy lump of RP. Sorry. No thanks.

Scaling...
    Note to devs on Siege. Ask yourselves "Why does this event need to be Level 60?" and if you decide that it doesn't, fix that.
    If you do want it to be primarily sub L80, then add an additional new L80 zone to siege with tougher monsters and better drops. That way the majority of players (those over L60) will not be strip mining the content of the target players, and the End-gamers might actually have some fun.
    edited March 2020
    Here's an idea, why does the seige need it's own map?
    What if the seige event were to take place on an already existing map? Rotating to a diffent area each time the event comes.

It could mimic the city being under seige by different clans. The rewards could be tailored to reflect the area the seige is taking place

Here's an idea, why does the seige need it's own map?

What if the seige event were to take place on an already existing map? Rotating to a diffent area each time the event comes.

It could mimic the city being under seige by different clans. The rewards could be tailored to reflect the area the seige is taking place

PE under siege was done in the very beginning of this game as a test of system load. It did not have the next time for a reason.
This discussion has been closed.