test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

4 dummies in Vallenhas always get 0 damage

plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
edited March 2020 in Bug Reports (PC)
4 out of 6 dummies in Vallenhas stronghold always get 0 damage.
I tried with 3 toon and different instance.

If you are facing the wall and count from left to right.

Dummy 1,2 and 5 always get 0 damage and 3rd and 4th are okay.
The dummy beside the blacksmith also gets 0 damage.
*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
Post edited by plasticbat on

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    These 2 are related.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1254847/vallenhas-instance-3-weirdness

It appears my companion Githyanki Knight can move all the dummy that get 0 damage. She moved the #1, #2 in another instance.
    By the way, Barbarian spinning strike cannot move it. I tried. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWF05T0J1iU

My companion is using her plastic bat to bat the dummy. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMe0f0rliGc&t=6s
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Is this still occurring? I believe some of the weirdness with instance #3 was resolved.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited March 2020

Is this still occurring? I believe some of the weirdness with instance #3 was resolved.

@nitocris83

The video above was not done in instance 3. Your staff probably reset the dummy (move it back to its original position) of instance 3 last night but I moved the dummy again later.

I have just done that to dummy #2 (15 seconds ago) in instance #16. And, they still get 0 damage.

So, it is not a instance #3 issue I thought it was in another thread. Any instance can have that.
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    It's happening on PS4 and one of my Wizard encounter power pushes the dummies clear off the screen. I can do a video if you need to see it. Also, 0 damage
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • theraxin#5169 theraxin Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    I also want to note while this might be more intentional, getting out of combat from the dummies sometimes needs extreme lengths or just dying, which makes very hard to test on them if the test needs changing gear.

I guess it has something to do with the guard NPC's fighting nearby as the combat advantage circle clearly comes from them.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    I have repelled that dummy all the way into the ape heroic encounter area : D
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for all the details folks, I'll pass it on.