test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Returning player tips

yvictor122yvictor122 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
Hi. I've been thinking of coming back to the game after a very, very long time away (3-4 years). I know that there were a lot of changes with the new play style of mod 16. I've watched a few youtube guides in an attempt to catch up on all that's new, and wanted to know what were the main changes to the ranged classes? I mainly played as a wizard, warlock and cleric back in the day, and would like to start a new char as one of them. I usually mainly play as dps, but was a fairly good healer as well. Any input and tips would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
signature-CG5G6RNR_zpsa5351efb.png

Comments

• durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    Treat it as a new game. If you want a toon that can be a dps and heal, then cleric should be the right class for you as it has both paragons.
  • nathanjmnathanjm Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    Combat will feel slow and sluggish vs a few years ago. :angry:
  • yvictor122yvictor122 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    nathanjm said:

Really? one of the best things I liked about the game was the fast paced action, hitting targets and then using the dodge/roll/skimming skill to get into safe distance and hitting again. How much slower is it?

@yvictor122 Nah it's not worth to come back.The game just cant stabilize after the huge blow that mod 16 caused and it's slowly dying

Could you please elaborate? What's not stabilized?
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

nathanjm said:

Really? one of the best things I liked about the game was the fast paced action, hitting targets and then using the dodge/roll/skimming skill to get into safe distance and hitting again. How much slower is it?
    There is no lifesteal any more so you can get killed w hole lot easier which means you have to fight tactically sometimes.

There is no recovery any more so your encounter powers take quite a while to refill, maybe 20 seconds for some.

So you might attack, kill three mobs using your rotation, then have to wait for a while before you go into combat again. It feels clunky compared to pre-mod 16 and so slower. But it is doable, and combat is still fun, you do have to think on your feet more.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    edited March 2020

But it is doable, and combat is still fun, you do have to think on your feet more.

Game was at the end of what they could do with the old combat system, which is why it was changed. Now you need to put some effort into it rather than just one-shot everything. A good and needed change really.

While you will not notice it that much in the old zones, when you get into the zones built truly for the new combat system(Vallenhas+) the new system works good.
    Well... I think I'll give it a try and decide by myself. Thanks to all who answered.