test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

WHY are you in ZONE chat LFG?

eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
You have a channel SPECIFICALLY for that. Get out of my zone! Your annoying!
I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)

Comments

• lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    Cuz some people don't read the lfg channel. Dunno why tbh
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Probably because a majority of people have the lfg channel turned off, and they know it. So they post in a chat that the majority of people have on. For the most part I only talk in alliance or guild channel, and seldom if ever pay attention to the other channels.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    I would say that the majority have all 3 disabled (zone, lfg, trade). At least from all the people I know, they only swap to a tab with those to get BHE invites in the relevant zones.

One need to be extremely bored to participate in the pile of hmm 'fertilizer' that is called PE zone chat. Happened to me couple of times, had to bleach my eyes and pay for therapy.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Zone chat is a catchall. Anything and everything is welcome in Zone. Except links.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    I am just too damn lazy to bother turning off the default chat channels. I do have the LFG up. The last I was online, I noticed it has little usage. But I see Trade and Zone are most active and all the chat flies by in a blur. I also have nobody on my ignore list. I know a lot players will ignore you, if they see you spamming it every 20 seconds. Talking or shouting in ALL CAPS, is another method to get ignored. Posting multiple guild ads will also have you blocked by others.

Some players have attempted to make custom channels in place of Zone chat. I joined one of those years ago, and the problem is first getting people to join it, so you need to advertise... in Zone chat. lol If the custom channel takes off, and you get people in there, they will bring luggage with them. Then you are right back to a xerox copy of Zone chat. It is the ultimate no win scenario.

Just killing time...
  • krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    Yeah please keep Zone chat clear for all the idiotic political "discussions".
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    krumple01 said:

Yeah please keep Zone chat clear for all the idiotic political "discussions".

TBH I find it all rather amusing. Especially the Flat Earthers ;)
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    At present, when they are not talking about the virus, the player I see the most in there is just tossing out random trivia. I am not allowed to name him, but I applaud his efforts to make some idle conversation. I clear my ignore list at the first of every month. I have my tabs set up with Off / On / Combat / System. The off still displays the Admin announcements.

I only ignore the extra spammy people or the high political ones. I seldom ignore people just because they are looking for group. There was a guy in there at 2 or 3 AM spamming for LoMM. I ended up ignoring him, just to hold a normal conversation with another player. He will get another shot to annoy me again in April.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    Bladeslingers are annoying too..
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
    A lot of barbarians seem to have impulse control problems.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    Personally I don't see any problem if person use zone chat for find group/players to do content runs.

All time since I start play this game( since mod 3), zone chat is just chat warrios fight zone or in some time where for bots to spread fake websites links.. That's all.

I think LFG and zone chat should be unified as one. WHat the point have two chats if they more less are for same purpose.?
    Also most of time I find players for content run via Legit_community chat..

========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    IMO, LFG should be the primary 'go-to' channel for forming general groups, or for bolstering an alliance formed group. Zone chat should not be used regularly for this. In cases where you are looking for one or two more to fill a queue group and are eating up time... its appropriate to add zone chat.

If someone is spamming LFG repeatedly in zone, by all means say something. This is how we build a sense of player expectations and norms. Maybe they are out of control. Some of us need occasional reminders. Yes, i'll get pissed off if someone goes off on me for using zone chat once a month.. but who cares. We don't need to ban peeps from zone chat who are just playing the game.
  • eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    I've "ignored" people because they spam EVERY minute literally. I have chat set so it shows time and date and it IS every minute. Go away to your own channel.
    I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
    Zone chat belongs to everyone.
  • finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Zone chat belongs to everyone.

No, it belongs to the wannabe Bladeslinger..
    How dare you to say that chat belongs to everyone ;)
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    Back in the day...
    Oh no! Here she goes again with another long story.
    Guild Wars has its instances divided by language groups. When they made the stupid sequel the foreign zones moved into the English zones and then the trouble started. If you wanted to play alone, with little to no chat, the International was always empty. Which is where the vast majority of chat should have been.

At one point, I would have suggested language channels for Neverwinter, but I wouldn't do that today. We just need players to understand and appreciate others who can speak more than one language. Stop saying the chat is American only, the Brazilians are in the same timezone as the US, they speak Portuguese, and they are Americans too. I speak a little German, but I don't read and write it very well. It would be nice, if the chat engine could translate, but it doesn't.

Zone chat belongs to everyone and all languages, even the annoying bladeslingers, but they don't chat much.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • bruce55bruce55 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Whats the big deal about lfg in zone chat,especially in PE. most of the other chat is only trolls and flatearthers anyway.
  • ericlatrelleericlatrelle Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Ummmm... Because I can?