test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Siege of Neverwinter Feedback

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Greetings Adventurers!

Siege of Neverwinter is now live! The current run of this event does not yet incorporate any planned updates so we'd like to take this time to gather your feedback on what changes, updates, etc. you'd like to see for Siege. To get folks thinking, here are some example questions:

-What are your thoughts on the duration of Siege? (currently at 2 weeks)
-What aspects of Siege do you enjoy the most? What aspects do you enjoy the least?
-What motivates you to engage with this event and, if you don't, what would motivate you?
-What are your thoughts on the map used for Siege?

These are just examples of feedback but feel free to let us know any other thoughts you have on this event! As always, please keep your feedback constructive and civil.

Comments

• wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    Not feedback on the event itself, but your blog post contains the following error : “ Champion’s Banner (Event Store) – Artifact of stability”
    Elite Whaleboy
  • urtew3urtew3 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    if this event hasn't been updated should we not get a new mount to enjoy
  • joccat#1817 joccat Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    Update the event vendors to include different items to buy with writs/dragon hoard coins. A good thing would be to include stuff everyone (new and old) can use...such as already mentioned - Oil of Sharpness, Potions of Invisibility and Speed, etc.
  • joe7777joe7777 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    ron#1747 said:

Currently, the seige of neverwinter is only good for new players and new guilds

Not quite. The Cultists still drop Dragon Hoard Coffers used for a Weekly Repeatable in Well of Dragons that awards rAD, which even endgamers can still potentially make use of, and if I'm not mistaken more frequently than in Well of Dragons. Also, it is more accurate to say any Guild that needs Vouchers rather than just new ones. Mine isn't new but also isn't Lv20 yet.
  • blackmagidblackmagid Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    -What are your thoughts on the duration of Siege? (currently at 2 weeks)
    The length is great.

-What aspects of Siege do you enjoy the most? What aspects do you enjoy the least?
    I enjoy the most that;
    • Vouchers drop for stronghold coffer donation.
    • Dragon hoard coffers drop for weekly donation in WOD.
    • I can engage multiple mobs - I like how close some groups are.
    • HE's for the above reason
    I enjoy the least that;
    • Vouchers don't go straight into inventory.
    • Scaling. Feels wrong not being at level cap for this event whilst capped in Avernus.
    • Vouchers don't drop more frequently.
    -What motivates you to engage with this event and, if you don't, what would motivate you?
    Vouchers for stronghold coffer donation.

-What are your thoughts on the map used for Siege?
    I like the map

Thank you
    BlackMagi
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    I still find the event interesting, in it I won the first epic mount of all my chars, among others ...

The only thing that disturbs me about the events is because it is so difficult for you to update the drops. This event has 2 Artifacts that could be upgraded to level 80 and become viable and attractive, because currently they are a trap for new players.
    How difficult is it to implement an epic insignia of Gond? It could be extremely rare, but it would have made players move in their search, in addition to valuing green and blue insignia.
  • theraxin#5169 theraxin Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    While I love good analytic discussions, but on this event, just do a whole rework on the rewards, everything else is secondary.

You know it's bad, we know it's bad, so I only care to harvest currency for the next implementation, so I can buy stuff I'm interested in getting, not what I'm currently offered.

Also, the droprate of the vouchers is an issue every single year...
  • alivonmount#2966 alivonmount Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I think there should be different mounts, companions, artifacts each time, so there is some surprise and motivation (oh, something I didn't get yet! I want it! :astonished: ). There is no point to take quests if you already got Griffon, Charger etc. few events before. Also rewards as enchantments for example should be updated. Who needs rank 5-8 now? Nobody. As well as Lasser Glyphs. They aren't rather something that ppl would like to use.
    As about defence supplies... There would be nice if we could produce it of 70-80 lvl kits too.
    The best of all are vouchers and hope it drops as much as possible :)
    Thank you.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited March 2020

As about defence supplies... There would be nice if we could produce it of 70-80 lvl kits too.

I think this was intentionally to give players who did Masterwork an upper hand. The free tool for completing Masterwork quests is level 1. It also limites mass production for those who have many characters. For those who have a lot of characters usually do not have more than one character that did Masterwork but most likely all their characters have level 80 tools (which is cheap anyway).

I have been waiting for reward changed for years now. I still try to accumulate the currency if it is easy and hope one day the reward will be worthwhile to claim. So, I have been doing the quests for the "future".
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

I think this was intentionally to give players who did Masterwork an upper hand. The free tool for completing Masterwork quests is level 1. It also limites mass production for those who have many characters. For those who have a lot of characters usually do not have more than one character that did Masterwork but most likely all their characters have level 80 tools (which is cheap anyway).

I have been waiting for reward changed for years now. I still try to accumulate the currency if it is easy and hope one day the reward will be worthwhile to claim. So, I have been doing the quests for the "future".
    Well, yeah, but I basically stopped profession tasks when I realized that I can just claim 35-40 supplies per day from my alts in the stronghold quest, for basically free. So the MC crafters are getting the wrong help.
    edited March 2020

Well, yeah, but I basically stopped profession tasks when I realized that I can just claim 35-40 supplies per day from my alts in the stronghold quest, for basically free. So the MC crafters are getting the wrong help.
    The difference is: doing the SH quests, you need to take time to do it.
    Doing crafting, you can just set up the tasks and let it runs for 2 weeks and collect the delivery once a while.
    With +75% speed and MC tools, I think it takes 3 hours+ to get 4. So, may be 24 per artisan per day. 72 per 3 artisan per day.
    And that is without using morale which would add another 40 per day. in this case, you do not need to do SH quest for the alts every day although doing alts is not mutual exclusive with crafting anyway.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

Doing crafting, you can just set up the tasks and let it runs for 2 weeks and collect the delivery once a while.
    With -75% efficiency and MC tools, I think it takes 3 hours+ to get 4. So, may be 24 per artisan per day. 72 per 3 artisan per day.
    And that is without using morale which would add another 40 per day. in this case, you do not need to do SH quest for the alts every day although doing alts is not mutual exclusive with crafting anyway.
    Except, doing the rounds only costs time. Also, everything costs time and the professions cost a tremendous time if you bother to convert getting your resources to the time needed to acquire them. Also, because you are limited to the 3 slot, you give up generating other things that also can be sold, so it is exclusive with my other crafting.

Basically you are trying to argue that people would not walk down a street to get free bread, because there is bread in the supermarket and walking down for the free "costs time".
    edited March 2020

With -75% efficiency and MC tools, I think it takes 3 hours+ to get 4. So, may be 24 per artisan per day. 72 per 3 artisan per day.
    Except, doing the rounds only costs time. Also, everything costs time and the professions cost a tremendous time if you bother to convert getting your resources to the time needed to acquire them. Also, because you are limited to the 3 slot, you give up generating other things that also can be sold, so it is exclusive with my other crafting.

Basically you are trying to argue that people would not walk down a street to get free bread, because there is bread in the supermarket and walking down for the free "costs time".
    If you have a better opportunity, of course, you should choose the better opportunity.

For those who have the workshop idle, it does not really cost much time beyond buying ONE item in bulk. This item cannot be gathered (through workshop gathering) or made anyway. Yes, that may cost some AD/gold if one has not stocked many stack of those from the past.

When did I say you should not get free bread?

I argue people should not take a bus to get free bread EVERYDAY when there are flour at home and/or they can buy a lot of flour in one shot in a reasonable low price delivered for two weeks. In this case, the oven cannot be occupied to bake turkey. If you are baking turkey, this won't work.
    The time you are taking the bus everyday can be used for sometime else. If you are bore, you can still take the bus to get more free bread.
    Making bread at home (by robot) does not stop you to spend time to take the bus to get free bread. They are not mutual exclusive.

If you have a better opportunity, of course, you should choose the better opportunity.

For those who have the workshop idle, it does not really cost much time beyond buying ONE item in bulk. This item cannot be gathered (through workshop gathering) or made anyway. Yes, that may cost some AD/gold if one has not stocked many stack of those from the past.

When did I say you should not get free bread?

I argue people should not take a bus to get free bread EVERYDAY when there are flour at home and/or they can buy a lot of flour in one shot in a reasonable low price delivered for two weeks. In this case, the oven cannot be occupied to bake turkey. If you are baking turkey, this won't work.
    The time you are taking the bus everyday can be used for sometime else. If you are bore, you can still take the bus to get more free bread.
    Making bread at home (by robot) does not stop you to spend time to take the bus to get free bread. They are not mutual exclusive.
    Yeah, but the question is, if free bread is available every day, why bother making it? How much bread are you willing to eat?

But, I agree, if you don't use your workshop to do anything, you could do it, but it's not cheap. But, those who don't utilize their profession AND who mastercraft it, are pretty niche. To be honest, I have MC and I'm just not using it, but I make major flasks to sell. And it takes up like 5 tabs (3 gather, 2 for fish oil and the potion).

So, in does not really fit into the breadmaking example, but my point is, you could bake something else, to sell. But I also have not met people who bake their bread, so I guess we live in very different places :D
    edited March 2020

Yeah, but the question is, if free bread is available every day, why bother making it? How much bread are you willing to eat?

The more the better. It is not about eating it. It is about hoarding it.
    This 'bread' does not spoil. It can be nerf'ed but it does not spoil.
    I already have tons of this event currency from the past.
    I can buy anything from the current event store already.
    I am just hoarding more for minimum effort.

In short,

1. buy a lot of altar/injury kits once
    2. set up 3 artisans to craft forever once.
    3. pick up from delivery box once a while. (this is some 'work').
    4. Trade in for event currency. This is the worst part of this. This is the most painful part. This is the part that can stop me to continue.

I have no plan to acquire anything from the current event store at all.
  • rednck68#3958 rednck68 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I have been running siege for 2 days and have not received any voucher drops. Others in my guild have been getting the drops. Is there something wrong with it or is it broke as usual?
  • trelamytrelamy Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    I remember last time i had to farm 150+ Bhe's just to get the champion's banner artifact. Event seems outdated to me, so are items, no reason to farm it at all. I think most of the events in general need a revamp.
    Our beliefs don't make us better people. Our actions do.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    I generally still grind it for the vouchers (even though I'm bis and in an end game alliance) it's a good way to earn guild marks. it would be nice to have a little more variety. both in drops and in vendor items.
    It would be nice to have all kinds of campaign currency drop here. the zone chat is entertaining.

Honestly I wouldn't mind if siege was a permanent event. with maybe something extra added to it a couple times a year for oomph. like adding masterwork items to fall for two weeks every six months and letting the general grind for campaign currencies and guild vouchers fall the rest of the time.

it would be a good way for the smaller guilds to level up and it would be good for people to have a reliable source of guild marks that is less trying than doing stronghold he's. (for lower levels anyway, stronghold he's are way more mind numbing than siege is)
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Change the BTC drops such as the mounts, artifacts to BTA. Getting the same reward over and over and being only able to discard it, is not rewarding at all.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

I have been running siege for 2 days and have not received any voucher drops. Others in my guild have been getting the drops. Is there something wrong with it or is it broke as usual?

Did you do the quest in the stronghold?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • kungskabb#9290 kungskabb Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Nvm...
  • merileemerilee Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    I enjoy this event, but I find it frustrating.

When this event first occurred, the rewards were BoE instead of BoP. This was encouraging because our best characters could do the event and provide for alts or guild members. Sure many people used the rewards for the Auction, but that isn't a crime and shouldn't be punished. The thing I like least about this event is that the rewards are BoP. Duplicates of these rewards can not be traded, or sold, and must be destroyed, and that is a shame. It is discouraging. If you want to keep them BoP, how about a trade in at the vendor for half the currency the reward would have cost if purchased?

This same issue would apply to the Simril Event gifts, which are BoP and so often duplicated.
  • erikthered#8452 erikthered Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Ok enough of the darn dragons they don't need to spawn so damn much. They drop nothing of value. Also the voucher drop rate needs a buff . Also have you thought of give guilds the option of creating a private instance there for they can farm for vouchers. The vouchers is the main thing for like 70 percent of your player base. This event once was the best thing for lower guilds to get the amount of resources one needed. And it still is. But takes twice as long. We use to avg close to 150 vouchers an hour per voucher other than influence. Now we are lucky to have that total after 4 hours of game play. Ever since you introduced drops from the heroics no one can effectively farm. Cause all it takes is one jerk in an instance keep killing the bosses and your vouchers count drops. Again all this could be fixed for farmers and non farmers if you allowed private instance's.
  • erikthered#8452 erikthered Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Also you don't have to do the quest in the stronghold to receive vouchers have not completed it once this time around and still get them. Also doing it or not does not effect the drop rates. Did not do it but once last seige and saw no difference.
This discussion has been closed.