test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Spiked Defender Vambrace and Duelist Mask of Cormy

Can someone please explain the buff on Spiked Defender Vambrace? For example, if you get hit and gain 1 percent damage buff, does that buff go away once you are hit? OR does it keep stacking until it gets to 5 percent and then go away after you hit?

Also, Fancy Duelist Mask of Cormy gives +5000 power when facing one enemy. Does that mean you get nothing if you are fighting more than one enemy?

Comments

• bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    For the mask, Yes. You get that extra power when you are in combat with one mob. Its a head piece to give you a little boost for bosses.
  • jantogsf#0997 jantogsf Member Posts: 121 Arc User

For the mask, Yes. You get that extra power when you are in combat with one mob. Its a head piece to give you a little boost for bosses.

One mob (many enemies) or one enemy? For example, if one is hitting multiple enemies with a AOE, would they get 5,000 power?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited March 2020

One mob (many enemies) or one enemy? For example, if one is hitting multiple enemies with a AOE, would they get 5,000 power?
    One enemy.

"When in combat with only one enemy, your Power is increased by 5000."

It is not about your attack. It is about your surrounding. If you stand there in combat stance and there is only one enemy standing next to you, you get +5000 power. If there are 2 enemies standing there talking, you get nothing.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • jantogsf#0997 jantogsf Member Posts: 121 Arc User

One enemy.

It is not about your attack. It is about your surrounding. If you stand there in combat stance and there is only one enemy standing next to you, you get +5000 power. If there are 2 enemies standing there talking, you get nothing.
    OK; what if you are standing in combat stance with two enemies?

One enemy.

You get nothing.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

One enemy.

You get nothing.
    … and like it!
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Might get a beating depending on who the enemies are.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    edited March 2020

One enemy.

You get nothing.
    … and like it!
    Wrong, sir! Wrong! Under section 37B of the contract signed by him, it states quite clearly that all offers shall become null and void if - and you can read it for yourself in this photostatic copy:
    I, the undersigned, shall forfeit all rights, privileges, and licenses herein and herein contained, et cetera, et cetera... Fax mentis incendium gloria cultum, et cetera, et cetera... Memo bis punitor delicatum!
    It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal! You stole fizzy lifting drinks! You bumped into the ceiling which now has to be washed and sterilized, so you get nothing! You lose! Good day, sir!

Oh yeah, I also got 2 of those masks. That 5K power is like the bonus effect, I never put much stock into the small change. I think this will only be of subtle use in the solo fights with bosses. But it might benefit you a great deal, when you clear off all the opponents in a mob and power shot the last guy standing.

While I don't have the Spiked Defender Vambrace, the description says;
    Gain 1% Damage Resistance when you strike an enemy. Stacks 5 times. When you are struck, the stacks are consumed and you gain 1% Damage per stack consumed for 10 seconds.
    What this does is +5% if you hit 5 times within the 10 seconds. Just about any at-will power will hit more than 5 times in 10 seconds. After the initial hit the first 1% comes off and the next one refills the stack. Again this is small change, if the enemy you are fighting is doing 5K damage, the maximum 5% resistance should drop the damage down to 4.9K. However Cryptic has some funky convoluted formulas, so it could be even smaller than what I assume.

Me? I keep getting the damned chickens!
    wb-cenders.gif
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    5% resistance to 5k damage, will result in 4.75k damage.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    micky1p00 said:

Thanks, I did my math wrong, I need to go eat breakfast and get woke up.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    edited March 2020

micky1p00 said:

Thanks, I did my math wrong, I need to go eat breakfast and get woke up.
    https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Cookbook:A_Nice_Cup_of_Tea
  • sunshinehappy#2439 sunshinehappy Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    > @sandukutupu said:
    > (Quote)
    > Wrong, sir! Wrong! Under section 37B of the contract signed by him, it states quite clearly that all offers shall become null and void if - and you can read it for yourself in this photostatic copy:
    > I, the undersigned, shall forfeit all rights, privileges, and licenses herein and herein contained, et cetera, et cetera... Fax mentis incendium gloria cultum, et cetera, et cetera... Memo bis punitor delicatum!
    > It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal! You stole fizzy lifting drinks! You bumped into the ceiling which now has to be washed and sterilized, so you get nothing! You lose! Good day, sir!

Wow you are pretty good at that legal stuff!!
    edited March 2020
    "Gain 1% Damage Resistance when you strike an enemy. Stacks 5 times. When you are struck, the stacks are consumed and you gain 1% Damage per stack consumed for 10 seconds. "

I interpret it this way (not necessary the truth):

You hit once, you get 1% damage resistance. If you are not hit, you can get up to 5% damage resistance until you get hit or the combat end. There is no time limit. So, in theory, if the boss is facing a tank and you keep hitting the boss in his back, you can keep that 5% damage resistance for a long time although that does not buy you anything (since you are not hit).

Now, say, you had 5 stacks. You got hit. You will have +5% damage for 10 seconds.

The following is the part that I needed to think for a while:

I had 5 stacks. I got hit. I have +5% damage for 10 seconds.
    First second, I hit the enemy. I expect I will get 1% damage resistance (and +5% damage for 9 seconds).
    Second second, I hit again. I expect I will get 2% damage resistance (and +5% damage for 8 seconds).
    Now, I get hit. I expect the 2% damage resistance is consumed and I lose my +5% damage for the next 7 second and got +2% damage for 10 seconds.

For me, the main advantage is the damage and not damage resistance. In "theory", to maximize it, one should receive a 'light' hit after he got the first 5 stacks and then receive a 'light' hit every 10 seconds. Of course, it is hard to control what kind of hit you will get and in general, getting hit is not a good idea. May be one can jump into some light AOE and go berserk (with all encounter/daily) after that.
    Post edited by plasticbat on