test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

calendar problems

thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
why has the calendar stop being updated regularly? it used to go out about 1 quarter. it's nice to be able to plan around that.

Comments

• ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    They have no plans anymore. Just roadmaps.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    @ecrana#2080 LOL, surely that's only partially true. I'm sure they still know a quarter out what is in the works for any given week. I thought that was a year out. or it used to be.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Used to be nice to know months out what was coming. Now we get a few weeks on the calendar if lucky.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

Used to be nice to know months out what was coming. Now we get a few weeks on the calendar if lucky.

that doesn't mean THEY don't know what's on the calendar. it just means they've stopped sharing that with us. (yay for more communication right?)
  • n0wy0useeme#9270 n0wy0useeme Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Well, am I right in thinking that there was nothing on the calendar for this weekend for xbox? I kept thinking, Surely there will be *something* going on, and then suddenly there's like 5 things. I would've waited to do my tyranny quests if I had known there was a double event. I would have saved more AD if I had known there was a Wondrous Bazaar sale (although I saw a lot of the "rich" players selling everything they could on the AH so I kinda thought something was up with that, guess I need a PC account to tell the future and make money like they do lol). Honestly, I wish they had run the neverember incentives concurrently with the Siege event so the newly created characters could level up and earn an epic mount at the same time. I'm sad that I missed one day of Siege and because it ended during a scheduled maintenance, I didn't get to turn anything in for rewards, I couldn't do the last day to get the mount for my new characters, and I have 158 defense supplies that I'll sit on for a few months. Why not make Siege last 16 days? Why end it when no one can get on? Why not have the event guy hang out for an extra day or two to trade in your Writs and other currencies? I'm appreciative of the game and having something to do while I'm on lockdown with my kiddos, but I hope they put someone in charge of common-sense-calendar-timing. I feel like new players would be more inclined to stay in the game and put money into it if little things like this were thought about it in terms of what the player is experiencing. They're making a lot of good decisions, I honestly believe that, and I think the game could be back up on the upswing, and they seem to be listening more to their playerbase, so please, please, 1) keep calendar updated, 2) give a little more leeway for completing events like you have been doing with some of them and to account for Xbox server downtime and other issues, and 3) have real life players give you input on arranging the calendar.
    Correct timeline should have been: Neverember's Incentives (so people make new characters), Siege (so people start playing new characters and leveling them up), Double Currency weekends (so these new characters can quickly get some boons under their belts and get into the newer, meatier content that is so much more enjoyable.)
    Sorry this post is so long. Love and good health to you all.
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    It's also good if they strategise what events come in what order, and then make sure they stick to it.
    It's only useful to have the calendar updated, IF the calendar doesn't then subsequently change at the last minute.
    Double Shards straight after Siege is not great. 2 weeks Guild Grind shouldn't be followed by another Guild Grind. Have at least a week or two between so you can spend some time focusing on your character.
    And for Christs sake lets not have any repeat of the times when you build up resources for an event (lets say... Double Professions...) and then at the last minute it either gets moved back, or even MORE annoying, when you see an event is 4 or 5 weeks away, so you have time to prep resources... but the event suddenly get's rescheduled and the next time you log in it started yesterday.

Plan the calendar properly, then stick to it.