test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Metallic Ancestry Dragonborn race does not provide HP

the1truehunterthe1truehunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 211 Arc User
Hello,

I recently got a Metallic Ancestry Dragonborn race for my toons. The main reason I spent a fortune geting it is because I was interested in that 3% HP bonus with is the only difference between normal dragonborn race (excepting skin). My concern is that I tried to research about this difference and didn't found anything about except the fact that I will have to get a race reroll from the Zen Market (the one you get for free if you buy the normal dragonborn :/ ). So I spent over 12m AD getting the race and another 20$ earlier this week to renew my VIP and get this reroll tokens just to discover in the end that my HP bonus is almost the same. I was expected to see almost 26k HP increase for my 870k+ HP but it ended with barely 1k. I would like to ask you if this works and intentend (the hp is applied to the base HP with is 31k on my barbarian race) and gives 925 or so HP for that 3%, not even 1k (insanely low compared with the gap in rarity and price) or it is a kind of bug, and I hope it is and you'll cosider to apply the bonus to overall HP with seems more fair because I can't believe that I have spent like 12m AD just for a skin. There are not many people who are using this class and I may now understand why. Hope we will receive a bit of love from the devs here.

Platinum,
Best regards!

Comments

• rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Bonuses of this sort only apply to base stats, not stats after modifiers. Works the same with companions too, anything that gives you a percentage of the companions' stats. Has worked this way since the game was launched so I am doubting they will change it anytime soon.
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    > @rickcase276 said:
    > Bonuses of this sort only apply to base stats, not stats after modifiers. Works the same with companions too, anything that gives you a percentage of the companions' stats. Has worked this way since the game was launched so I am doubting they will change it anytime soon.

This means that any race that provide actual stats is better than the only truly premium race for tanks
    Elite Whaleboy
  • drago#3250 drago Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    2 weeks before I had issues myself with an unclear tooltip. There are many exceptions when this bonus work here and there not, there is only this exception, no this one not since start. The tooltips need rework to stop this anger!
    If there is 3%... I would ofcourse think I will get 3%....
    I can understand your frustration. I had that myself.
  • the1truehunterthe1truehunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    As I said 3% from base HP is almost 925 HP not even 1000 , so it is nothing compared with normal race. Speaking in zen at its current value the normal dragonborn race is 1700 zen(1.25m) that include a race reroll token. The ancestry dragonborn costs 16000 zen if you choose to convert zen into Ad and buy the token or the pack for about 12m AD. So I had to pay 10m+ just for a skin. That doesn't feel right since I wouldn't pay that much if that 3% wasn't something it could help me as a tank. I am not going to tell you how much I cash I spent over the time just supporting the game, and as a customer I am not pleased with this kind of things even if it is a broken tooltip, incompleted or even worse if it is working as intended.
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    I think the biggest issue with it is, it was first introduced something like 3-4 years ago and was never updated. At that time the 3% of base HP was much more useful than it is now. A lot of old things need to be updated, but I am not certain that they have the development time or hours to be able to do it all.
    At least they should update the bonus like 10k HP with is nothing for a tank but at least something that will make a difference if they think 25k is too much, but not 925..come on.
  • greyjay1greyjay1 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    Hey @the1truehunter ,
    these bonuses work fine on my paladin, my character is recieving
    9,888 HP from a Radiant R15 ( 103% x 9,600 HP ) on a healing loadout and
    13,728 HP ( 143% x 9,600 HP ) on a tank loadout.
    Maybe your character is bugged, could you test how much HP your character gets from a Radiant Enchantment?
    So what are you saying is that you receive 9,888 from a radiant? I don't know how you calculated but for me the bonus is 9600 for rank 15. And as I mentioned I didn't noticed any significant difference in my HP after I changed my class. I hope a dev will get into this and make some clarifications.