test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

IC 1st boss Spine Toss WAI or bugged?

utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User
edited March 2020 in General Discussion (PC)
Sometimes the Spine Toss attack (boss flies up and fire spines onto ground) does ridiculous damage. I don't think I stood in the gas or a gas spore has spawned. Also, isn't 90k Crit Avoidance the cap for IC? Is it higher? As the screenshot below shows, one spine toss attack results in multiple hits and 2 of them even crits:

Some fights go fine, but on some fights the boss seems to do this massive damage almost every time. Standing directly beneath the boss doesn't always avoid the spines either. I've died at full health and near full stamina too, so over 1.3m of damage.

This kind of skews the fight towards OP heal.
Post edited by utookmynick on

Comments

• krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    The ONLY way they make content "challenging" is to see how much they can spam 1 shot death mechanics at you. DPS for monsters is deaths per second.
  • karvarekarvare Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    Paladins get 10K added to crit avoid when your divinity is full. So a paladin needs 100k crit avoid to cap with low divinity.
  • durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    you should still block even underneath the hideous insect.

any other healer can do ic easily.
  • aragon#8379 aragon Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    This boss has a 25% chance to crit on his poisonous spine toss, even while at 105k critical avoidance (full divinity). So I currently use the Forgehammer of gond just for that mechanic. No one shots for me.
  • the1truehunterthe1truehunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 211 Arc User
    You don't know the mechanics then. You will have to stay below the boss once he riase. The boss works as intended and for every hard strike you will have to raise your shield and have at least half of the stamina ready.
  • utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited March 2020

You don't know the mechanics then. You will have to stay below the boss once he riase. The boss works as intended and for every hard strike you will have to raise your shield and have at least half of the stamina ready.

I already said I go under him (paragraph below image). That doesn't guarantee you don't get hit by spines. The question was whether it was a possible bug because sometimes he does very little damage and sometimes an enormous amount. The discrepancy is huge. Also, maybe I should have stated it specifically, but this was also to ask if there is a mechanic I wasn't aware of.

Also, like I said, there's at least one time I died with full health and near full stamina - over 1.3m damage.
  • utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User

This boss has a 25% chance to crit on his poisonous spine toss, even while at 105k critical avoidance (full divinity). So I currently use the Forgehammer of gond just for that mechanic. No one shots for me.

Thanks for the info. I guess that explains it. The wide discrepancy is to due to crits on multiple spines and at the low end, no crits and maybe a lucky deflect.