test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Black listed from Tomm runs?

13»

Comments

• grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    Another big Problem is DnD vs. MMORPGs

DnD allows a player group to enter a Dungeon with adequate armor and weapons to give a "reasonable" chance to defeat the Dungeon on the first try vs. MMORPGs wanting you to try to beat the Dungeon with inadequate equipment and endless tries until you win one good drop and then several more tries until you win a second drop and few more tries each to get the last 2 armor pieces. You have the options of Grind to Win or Pay to Win.

The good part of both is teaching 'Teamwork" to "It's all about me" players.
    Another big problem is "Balance" aka "nerf the players."

Nerfing the players is just a "constant" time-waster for the Devs instigated by those who want to "win" all the time and shout , 'That's not Fair' when they don't win.

DnD is not about balancing the classes because some upset player can't win all the time against a certain other class which should be nerfed and his class should be buffed to always be able to beat better players of the "offending class.'

BUFF THE MONSTERS SO THAT THE TOP 10% HAVE A FAIRLY EASY JOB TO WIN, THE NEXT 20% HAVE A HARD TIME INNING, THE NEXT 20% HAVE A VERY HARD TIME WINNING AND THE BOTTOM 50% FIND THE CHALLENGE CLOSE TO IMPOSSIBLE.

10% OF 15 MILLION PLAYERS IS 1.5 MILLION PLAYERS.
    Buy Low Sell High is fine for the Stock Market. The Players would be happy if they could make Workshop items and sell them to Vendors for 50% of the D&D 5e prices and sell them to other players for 70-100% of 5e prices.

The players would be happy to sell MJasterWork items for 70-100% of THREE TIMES the price of standard 5e items.

Players would be happy to pay 1 Million AD (or more, but not less) for Green Artifacts and Artifact Equipment, 2 million AD (or more. but not less) for Blue Artifacts and Artifact Equipment, 4 million AD (or more. but not less) for Purple Artifacts and Artifact Equipment, 8 million AD (or more. but not less) for Orange Artifacts and Artifact Equipment, and 20 million AD (or more. but not less) for Mythic Artifacts and Artifact Equipment. At least as long as their packs are not filled with obsolete Artifacts and Artifact Equipment that were good, in the day, but now just so much junk.

If you create a system where it costs 0 to post in AH and 0 if you do not sell, what is the expected outcome?
    The merchandise does not rotten, no salary to pay...
    And plenty of capital to lie around from the Ice Age with no taxation.
    Someone will buy all and repost for 5 times more just bc they can.
    So it does not sell, ok, if they have time from their other games, they came after 1 week and repost at 4 times more.
    Even if they sell 2 items is more profit then selling 5 at normal price.
    And felt powerful too.
    So it does not sell, ok , repost at 3 times more. It is a lot of free fun anyway.

I think we've got that, it's called VIP, but everyone pays 10% AH fee if you sell.

@plasticbat
    Not everybody buys low and sell high.
    Some produce, we are not all middleman.
    Some play small redistribution. They make a little profit by following trends.
    Cartels rule AH.
    How can one prevent monopoly or oligopoly?
    Exactly how we are doing that in real life. Every state does that.
    Unless one follows Ayn Rand understanding of free market and expects Cartels to disappear on their own.
    They do disappear on their own , it might take the discovery of a continent, an industrial revolution, 2 worlds war to do it.

I don't know. I expect everyone wants to buy low sell high.
    They may not able to do it but they want to do so if they are able to.
    Are they not doing it because they are not capable to? Or because they don't want to?

Stock market: buy low, sell high.
    House: buy low, sell high.
    Gold: buy low, sell high.
    Foreign exchange: buy low, sell high.
    commodity: buy low, sell high
    Of course, there are exceptions:

Stock market Crash - Buy High, Sell Low
    House - Buy High, Sell Low
    Gold - Buy High, Sell Low
    Foreign Exchange - Buy High, Sell Low
    Commodity - Buy High, Sell Low

But Sell High, Buy Low Bear Market tactics are acceptable, if you know what you're doing.
    Another problem is the Giveaway sets of equipment (Barovia/Undermountain) is to only allow those items only to be:

Sold to Vendors or
    Converted to AD or
    Donated to SH coffer
    Revival - A 10,000 xp reward for reviving another play (up to 3 players on the same revival) would give those who do an xp boost and teach those who don't the 'cooperative' part of DnD.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited March 2020

@plasticbat
    Cartels rule AH.
    Unless one follows Ayn Rand understanding of free market and expects Cartels to disappear on their own.
    They do disappear on their own , it might take the discovery of a continent, an industrial revolution, 2 worlds war to do it.

Are they not doing it because they are not capable to? Or because they don't want to?

But Sell High, Buy Low Bear Market tactics are acceptable, if you know what you're doing.
    There is almost no exception for what people WANT.
    They all WANT buy low, sell high (or sell high, buy low). They WANT profit.
    Just because they WANT to does not mean they are capable to do that.
    just because they WANT to does not mean they are not forced to do the opposite.
    Just because they WANT to does not mean they won't get burnt badly.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    I say lets start a petition to limit preview AH prices! Unbelievable, skill kits for 300mil AD?!

And those rich players who invented BtC and BtA!! I say ban them! Trying to hog all the best and shiny gear to themselves instead of selling it on the AH.

BUFF THE MONSTERS SO THAT THE TOP 10% HAVE A FAIRLY EASY JOB TO WIN, THE NEXT 20% HAVE A HARD TIME INNING, THE NEXT 20% HAVE A VERY HARD TIME WINNING AND THE BOTTOM 50% FIND THE CHALLENGE CLOSE TO IMPOSSIBLE.

10% OF 15 MILLION PLAYERS IS 1.5 MILLION PLAYERS.

But what if I'm in the 50% with the rest of my 7.5mil buddies and everything is impossible, and those BiS HAMSTER will not sell us gear?!
  • reeper#9973 reeper Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    So people are unhappy that some people set high prices and they're unhappy that some people undercut? This is pretty much how a free market system works. I guess its time to put on your big boy pants.
  • emese#4731 emese Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    Except one thing. This is a game of DnD and not a real life stock market stimulation. A game should be well balanced so every players have equal chances and good experience playing a game. Of course this post shows that not all is well and that the current state of the AH is creating a toxic environment. Sending people threatening messages when the undercut or suggest that they should be penalized for it is toxic. And there is much more to the prices, much more then meets the eye. Controlling the market is a profitable business to a group of players ...and some really only care for profit not the game. The problem is that the high prices hurt the new players and hinder their advancement. And before anyone start to type responses ..it is not about the regular players who gets a good drop in dungeon and then sells it with higher prize or the one who farms Dread ring. It is about people who can buy out every needed consumable and then resell it at exorbitant price. It is a big flow of the AH design. AH worked well when the game started. It is like everyone was starting to play Monopoly. There are those who by RNG luck rise to top and those who stayed behind. However several years now into this game the new players has no chance to have the same resources as they joined in the Monopoly game when the assets are distributed. This is a continuous game and not a one time Monopoly one thus it needs a different mechanics to assure continuity. The only way now is either to pay RL money to Cryptic or support those who are already rich and control the market. IMO all 2 options cause players to leave the game....and if the goal is to have only a selected group playing this game then the current model is great. But if the goal is to expand the players base and have a more vibrant and active player base than this model have to change and the toxicity of blacklisting and AH price controlling has to go.
  • faredawg1faredawg1 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    There's no such thing as Undercutting. You have an item you want to sell. To sell it, you must list it for less than the others already selling it. Period. If that fact upsets you, YOU are the problem. List the names of those on this Discord mentioned. Let's "Blacklist" them.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    faredawg1 said:

There's no such thing as Undercutting. You have an item you want to sell. To sell it, you must list it for less than the others already selling it. Period. If that fact upsets you, YOU are the problem. List the names of those on this Discord mentioned. Let's "Blacklist" them.

More accurate to say to sell it faster you need to undercut. Unless prices are trending downward over the week that the item is listed, it can still sell if you don't undercut. I tend to sell my materials for crafting at a bit higher prices so those who like to mass buy materials gives me a little bit more AD for waiting a little bit longer. Or for those who like to buy cheaper items to resell for a higher price. That choice is up to the seller though.
    edited March 2020
    faredawg1 said:

if you want to sell it fast, yes. If you want to sell it with higher price, no. No, I don't do undercut most of time unless the item cannot be sold. I almost always do uppercut because it could be sold in that price.

I do love people do undercut when I am buying. If I don't like the price (not matching my target price), I wait for someone post something lower. Sometime, I also hold on even when the price is 'right' and wait for anyone to undercut it. :)

I have patient to buy or sell.

People should post whatever price they want.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

@plasticbat
    Cartels rule AH.

If they are in the Guild of Mercenaries and Artisans, The Guild (aka the Devs) should have the right to Enforce profitable selling and Punish those who sell shoddy goods at less than a profit.
    faredawg1 said:

1. I don't do Discord
    2. Yes, there is undercutting (aka lowballing) of Artisan crafted goods sold for less than cost.
    3. They don't need to be Blacklisted, they need to be given 1 AD/shoddy goods (artisan produced only)

@plasticbat
    Cartels rule AH.

If they are in the Guild of Mercenaries and Artisans, The Guild (aka the Devs) should have the right to Enforce profitable selling and Punish those who sell shoddy goods at less than a profit.
    I bite. Who would sell without profit? How do you know one is selling without profit? How do you know his input cost?
    The input cost of most of my items is 0 (unless you factor in my labour).
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User

@plasticbat
    Cartels rule AH.

I bite. Who would sell without profit? How do you know one is selling without profit? How do you know his input cost?
    Unfortunately it happens.

I bought a many stacks of emeralds at 40K per stack, waited for them to go back up, recently sold for 8K per stack :(

I bought up some Erinyes at 850K each . . . . . I still have them :( !!!

I agree with your comment, im just taking the HAMSTER out of myself for some bad decisions :)
    Giving the

@plasticbat
    Cartels rule AH.

I'm not talking about the free drops, but the lockbox drops and most especially, the stuff artisans gathered or players paid for maps to gather MasterWorks items or items crafted from gathered materials by artisans or items crafted from crafted and gathered material ALL . . . HAVE. . . COSTS. You can figure out what the cost in AD is, just sell it for more (don't forget the 10% AH ripoff).

@plasticbat
    Cartels rule AH.

As to the input costs, you use the standard costs (e.g. 12 copper ore costs 11cp). If you can gather or make it for less, that just adds to your profit and you're welcome to it.
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    I see he is back trying to tell us what price we are allowed to set for our crafted items. No one gets to tell me that. A fair price is one that convinces a buyer to part with their AD. I may have neglected to join any artisans guild, since there is none in this game.
    edited March 2020

@plasticbat
    Cartels rule AH.

As to the input costs, you use the standard costs (e.g. 12 copper ore costs 11cp). If you can gather or make it for less, that just adds to your profit and you're welcome to it.
    Why would I use 11 cp for 12 piece of copper when almost everyone will only get it for 8 cp? I personally would not get any gathering material without -25% + use the adventurer that can neglect commission. I also do not use artisan who is less than -50%.
    To be extreme, I can get most common stuff for 0 gold (just too much work). Why would I remove my input cost advantage?
    I am not saying I won't maximize my profit but why would I restrict myself?

If the material has to be bought from AH, what is the price of an item? The price changes everyday.
    I have been a buyer of an item (I need many of that). The price of this item in the last 2 weeks was from 8K to 16K.
    It was 8k in a weekend, became 16K in mid week and then 8K in last weekend and it is 13K now.
    As a buyer, I only buy it if it is under 9.5K.

Lets say:
    Player A and I bought the item at 8K, the input cost is 8K.
    Player B bought the item 3 days later, the input cost is 16K.

Player B sells the modified item and add profit margin 2k, he posts that at 18K.
    Player A post that at 10K. He has a profit margin of 2k. It is above his input cost but it is way below player B's input cost.
    I come in and uppercut Player B and post that at 15K with the profit margin of 7K.
    With 15K, it is almost 90% profit margin but it is still below player A's input cost.

The story does not end here.
    Player A's item was sold but mine was not.
    Then, Player B login and only see my item has lower price than his. He starts to curse "this SOB, undercut me below cost".
    Post edited by plasticbat on
  • tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited March 2020

I come in and uppercut Player B

(ok ok, it's been too long I'm thinking your name is plasticcat :D )

[edit : by the way, on topic => free market. You want to undercut, uppercut, middlecut, director's cut, Brit Milah cut, hey, you are free to do so.
    If you find a buyer, good for you.
    If you are not pleased to be undercut, you can try to buy whatever is way too below and sell it back at what you think is the "right" price (with profit, or not, depend on your strategy regarding shorterm/longterm market influence).
    If you think other people sell their items at an unreasonable low price : then first it may be none of your business, and if it is then that's the rude law of commerce to have competitors trying to break prices... damn chineses !!!

I'm playing since december 2016. I have never had any issue with making (plenty) AD on AH. It happened time to time I sell "at loss" (not all speculations are paying returns). But the "at loss" is relative : rather than making profit every time, sometimes i prefer getting less AD that I should have with a product/item in order to sell quicker because I want to invest as much AD as I can as soon as I can on something else]
    Post edited by tchefi#6735 on
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

faredawg1 said:

1. I don't do Discord
    2. Yes, there is undercutting (aka lowballing) of Artisan crafted goods sold for less than cost.
    3. They don't need to be Blacklisted, they need to be given 1 AD/shoddy goods (artisan produced only)
    1) neither do I
    2) Less than YOUR cost, not less than mine.
    3) There are no shoddy goods. A Legendary mount sold for 500k AD is the same quality quality as a Legendray mount sold for 5million AD.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    Trying to blacklist people from runs over their AH listing, is the literal definition of trying manipulating the market.

Here another definition, quoted from wiki:

Irony (from Ancient Greek εἰρωνεία eirōneía, meaning 'dissimulation, feigned ignorance'[1]), in its broadest sense, is a rhetorical device, literary technique, or event in which what appears, on the surface, to be the case, differs radically from what is actually the case.
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User

I haven't seen those screens/posts, but might there have been a few people there, that convinced & "helped" Cryptic to design that trial for themselves?

Light - Wolcen
    Me - Age of Wonders 3 and soon to be Path of Exile (with the new content update)
    Viral - Path of Exile
    Tardli - Smite?
    Cass - Smite?
    Vigi - Smite?
    Cayley - Path of Exile
    Sacra - Zelda
    Chaldo - ?
    Soup - ?

Only Blackmore, Wolfor and Sume are currently even playing Neverwinter from my group, its a bit hard to be guilty of something when you are not even playing the game :smile:
    What i got from this is you got what you wanted and bailed. Those that are loyal are ignored and never get what they what ..BIS at its best
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    mynaam said:

I haven't seen those screens/posts, but might there have been a few people there, that convinced & "helped" Cryptic to design that trial for themselves?

Light - Wolcen
    Me - Age of Wonders 3 and soon to be Path of Exile (with the new content update)
    Viral - Path of Exile
    Tardli - Smite?
    Cass - Smite?
    Vigi - Smite?
    Cayley - Path of Exile
    Sacra - Zelda
    Chaldo - ?
    Soup - ?

Only Blackmore, Wolfor and Sume are currently even playing Neverwinter from my group, its a bit hard to be guilty of something when you are not even playing the game :smile:
    What i got from this is you got what you wanted and bailed. Those that are loyal are ignored and never get what they what ..BIS at its best
    Actually, its quite possible to have it in you to like and play multiple games and not be permanently grounded in a single one. There is no rule out there that says you have to play 1 game and 1 game only.