test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Inscribed Garment Box?

eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
Where can I find them? Is this a discontinued item or can you still get them? If so where and how much? The AH doesn't have any.
I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)

Comments

• Options
    NM found them in the Zen store after taking a 2nd look.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    You don't need it or you would waste your money/Zen to get it.
    Each piece only gives you 10% XP (20% total) when one rank 7 azure enchantment can give you more than that.
    It was great (in 10%) in the older mod because the XP implementation was different.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    hannibalsmith#0854 hannibalsmith Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    I like the Inscribed set. My characters wear them when idle so +20% XP when invoking. And they switch to Inscribed when turning in quests (the major source of XP).

The beauty part is claiming the box for free on all new characters after the first purchase.

I prefer other enchants for Utility slots, but to each their own.
  • Options
    edited March 2020

I like the Inscribed set. My characters wear them when idle so +20% XP when invoking. And they switch to Inscribed when turning in quests (the major source of XP).

The beauty part is claiming the box for free on all new characters after the first purchase.

I prefer other enchants for Utility slots, but to each their own.

Use a XP loadout will allow one to have both Inscribed set and azure to the utility slots. My XP loadout has 6 utility slots.
    I have the inscribed set for years and it was very good when I bought it. All my characters wear it in their XP loadout.
    However, it really does not worth the Zen to get the set today.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    Do they take up your shirt and trousers slots or your armor? I'm thinking the former? Or are they like fashion wear in the appearance section so you can't even use them with armor?
  • Options
    edited March 2020

Do they take up your shirt and trousers slots or your armor? I'm thinking the former? Or are they like fashion wear in the appearance section so you can't even use them with armor?

They use your shirt and pants slots and they are still part of your 'armor' equipment. No, they are not fashion.
  • Options
    chidionchidion Member Posts: 446 Arc User

Each piece only gives you 10% XP (20% total) when one rank 7 azure enchantment can give you more than that.
    It was great (in 10%) in the older mod because the XP implementation was different.

Of course that's one opinion, but as the inscribed garment set is available for every character on the account and players would have to buy or refine a rank 7 azure enchantment for every character on their account, always thought this was a good investment for players starting out. Add to the fact that the inscribed garments can be used in addition to azure enchantments for a little extra XP boost, personally I wouldn't advise against it if a player had a well thought out desire to purchase them... (plus Neverwinter probably needs the money for those who buy zen to make the purchase). B)
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    chidion said:

Of course that's one opinion, but as the inscribed garment set is available for every character on the account and players would have to buy or refine a rank 7 azure enchantment for every character on their account, always thought this was a good investment for players starting out. Add to the fact that the inscribed garments can be used in addition to azure enchantments for a little extra XP boost, personally I wouldn't advise against it if a player had a well thought out desire to purchase them... (plus Neverwinter probably needs the money for those who buy zen to make the purchase). B)
    The Inscribed garments cost 1500 Zen. Even with 30% discount, it is 1050 Zen which is 787500 AD.

One rank 7 azure is 800 AD. That means you can have 984 Azure rank 7 and each of them is 20% XP instead of 2 piece of underwear to get 20% XP.

One Azure rank 9 is about 13K and have 36% XP. For the same amount of AD, one can get 60 rank 9 Azure to equip 12 characters with 5 utility slot each. The total XP bonus is 180% vs 20%.

In realty, the azure route is even much cheaper because Azure rank 9 was 8K in the weekend and OP would not get 30% off Zen sale any time soon.

It was a good investment before mod 16. I have that myself for a very long time and I do not regret it. However, I would not buy it today. The price vs performance does not make good investment sense at all.
  • Options
    chidionchidion Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited March 2020

chidion said:

The Inscribed garments cost 1500 Zen. Even with 30% discount, it is 1050 Zen which is 787500 AD.

One rank 7 azure is 800 AD. That means you can have 984 Azure rank 7 and each of them is 20% XP instead of 2 piece of underwear to get 20% XP.

One Azure rank 9 is about 13K and have 36% XP. For the same amount of AD, one can get 60 rank 9 Azure to equip 12 characters with 5 utility slot each. The total XP bonus is 180% vs 20%.

In realty, the azure route is even much cheaper because Azure rank 9 was 8K in the weekend and OP would not get 30% off Zen sale any time soon.

It was a good investment before mod 16. I have that myself for a very long time and I do not regret it. However, I would not buy it today. The price vs performance does not make good investment sense at all.
    Yes but players only have so many slots they can use for azure enchantments - that is if they don't want to use any of those slots for other types of enchantments, like companion influence, gold or glory boost for example.

And as I already mentioned a player can purchase inscribing garments and have a set for every character on their account, or they can spend 800 AD's for each rank 7 azure enchantment and considering there are at least three utility slots, that's 2,400 AD's just for that one character alone, if all three slots are used. Now take that and multiply it by however many characters a player has and it will take a few hours (or days) to farm those AD's. Not to be redundant but if all the utility slots are equipped with azure enchantments they players will be sacrificing any other benefit any other type of enchantment would give them.

Players can to choose to buy inscribing garments or choose to buy azure enchantments and that's the nice thing about choice everybody gets to follow their own preference instead of having anyone tell them how they should play there may be something for someone offering an opinion on how a person prefers to play - but not necessarily how everyone else should play.

Like I said, I personally found the inscribing garments worth it, especially for my lower level characters who didn't even have enchantment slots in their gear when I started them. Granted now that my characters are all at a higher level now I run with a couple of azure enchantments, but sometime still slip on the inscribing garments just for a little XP boost every now and then, but to each their own.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    chidion said:

chidion said:

Yes but players only have so many slots they can use for azure enchantments - that is if they don't want to use any of those slots for other types of enchantments, like companion influence, gold or glory boost for example.

And as I already mentioned a player can purchase inscribing garments and have a set for every character on their account, or they can spend 800 AD's for each rank 7 azure enchantment and considering there are at least three utility slots, that's 2,400 AD's just for that one character alone, if all three slots are used. Now take that and multiply it by however many characters a player has and it will take a few hours (or days) to farm those AD's. Not to be redundant but if all the utility slots are equipped with azure enchantments they players will be sacrificing any other benefit any other type of enchantment would give them.

Players can to choose to buy inscribing garments or choose to buy azure enchantments and that's the nice thing about choice everybody gets to follow their own preference instead of having anyone tell them how they should play there may be something for someone offering an opinion on how a person prefers to play - but not necessarily how everyone else should play.

Like I said, I personally found the inscribing garments worth it, especially for my lower level characters who didn't even have enchantment slots in their gear when I started them. Granted now that my characters are all at a higher level now I run with a couple of azure enchantments, but sometime still slip on the inscribing garments just for a little XP boost every now and then, but to each their own.
    In my opinion, using azure in utility slot (instead of other enchantment) during combat is a waste;
    using inscribed garment during combat is a waste (unless you don't have better underwear).

That is why I talked about using XP loadout up there. You can have 5 azure filled utility slots and also inscribed garments in your XP loadout. They are not mutual exclusive.
    You change loadout before you hand in the quest and change it back to combat loadout after.
    You will maximize your XP that way without losing your combat stat.
    The combat loadout should not focus on XP bonus but to maximize your combat stat. In addition, the XP earned through combat is small.

In my opinion, spending (at least) 800K AD for 20% XP bonus is a waste. That 800K AD would be a lot more effective to spend on upgrading the azure to higher rank in the XP loadout. That is where my 180% XP bonus vs 20% XP bonus came from (for 12 characters). For the same amount of AD (to cover 12 characters), you could get 180% XP bonus instead of 20%. Or, 90% XP bonus instead of 20% for 24 characters. Or, 45% XP bonus instead of 20% for 48 characters.

Hence, I do not advise new player to spend on something when there is better and cheaper alternative.
    If one wants to do that, obviously, they are free to do so.

Yes, my XP loadout has inscribed garment because I already have them.
    I use XP loadout (and combat loadout) for all my characters everyday.