test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is there a way to change your CLASS?

eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
I have a rogue I played when the game first came out and haven't touched since. I've just gotten back into the game and would like to change her into a barbarian. Is there any way to change CLASS? I know you can "re-roll token" a character but that doesn't include class :(
I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)

Comments

• Options
    kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    Despite multiple requests for class change tokens, none exist.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Delete; restart.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    Buy 6 more slots you have enough to cover all the classes. Slots are cheap, but you will need Zen to obtain them. I did not care to play paladin or fighter. I ended up with 2 wizards and 2 rogues instead.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    She's not exactly someone to just delete and start over. She has bound items, including bags. Also some special currencies, although those probably aren't a real issue. She has some gems, some appearance options that I like and a greater health stone that are bound as well. Mostly it's the bags and other things hard to get back. Oh well. Maybe in the future. From what I've seen in the videos and the little bit of play I've done, there have been quite a few changes. You'd think they would let you race re-roll.
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User

She's not exactly someone to just delete and start over. She has bound items, including bags. Also some special currencies, although those probably aren't a real issue. She has some gems, some appearance options that I like and a greater health stone that are bound as well. Mostly it's the bags and other things hard to get back. Oh well. Maybe in the future. From what I've seen in the videos and the little bit of play I've done, there have been quite a few changes. You'd think they would let you race re-roll.

Just to clarify, they do have race re-roll such as dragonborn and gith etc.. but not class such as ranger, fighter, or wizard. A great many of us players, have wanted the "Bound to Character" items to all be replaced with "Bound to Account" which would allow you to delete such characters and pass off their earned items to your other people only. Now there would need to be some items to never transfer, such as your 2nd and 3rd inventory bags as those are earned early on in the adventures. Players would be all too quick to exploit the ability to make a new character, delete it after earning the Clockwork Tomb bad and repeat. Maybe if all the BtC became BtA after level 80? I don't know. I do know of other games don't bind items, unless you pay gold to keep them on the character forever.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    I wouldn't even starting back at level 1 as long as I could keep the stuff. Non-gear stuff. The gear I'd just sell because of class difference.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User

I wouldn't even starting back at level 1 as long as I could keep the stuff. Non-gear stuff. The gear I'd just sell because of class difference.

You cannot change class.
    If you want another class, the only option is to create a new character.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    zerappuszerappus Member Posts: 138 Arc User

I have a rogue I played when the game first came out and haven't touched since. I've just gotten back into the game and would like to change her into a barbarian. Is there any way to change CLASS? I know you can "re-roll token" a character but that doesn't include class :(

I asked @terramak (developer) about 3 years ago on the preview forum. His answer at that point is no, due to 'too many moving parts' will have to be changed, assumingly (to me).

It's one of the most requested thing in NW, other than a new class itself. I don't know what's their currenct stance on a class change token. Maybe you should ask @cwhitesidedev#9752 .
  • Options
    chidionchidion Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Wasn't there a "change class" token or option at one time which cost zen and it disappeared about the same time "premium (you have to pay for it) classes" were introduced?