test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Wonders of Gond" Event needs rework/balancing

Normally this type of view isnt this of player, but this "creations of wonder"-mass spread is extremely exaggerated. The moral cost is low, moral can be restored without limits and materials are sold unlimited by materials vendor.
Now additionally, everybody has perfect workers and tools to get max. amount of materials from each craft.

This means everybody having enough gold is selling tens of thousands of crafted materials cheapest to other players via AH and is crafting boxes himself without having limits by material.

I`m not sure if the game devs are aware that hundreds of people can easily craft 1000+ "creations of wonder" each in these 5 days? Prices have dropped extremely and there will be enough global stock of "creations of wonder" for the next 5 years of Auction house.

For next event, they should do a rework or minimum disactivate this cheap moral replenishing or just raise moral cost to 50 each try. The balancing is totally off now, at a region where I decided not to take part in this "Land of milk and honey"-event.

Comments

• kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    I do not see what the problem is that needs solving. People can make a profit from crafting for a change. At the current prices, you can make a profit of about 50%
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    He wants profit for himself (or a limited group) instead of everyone. Now, the profit is too low for him.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • raymonj#7331 raymonj Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    This is an event. And the "creations of wonder pack" should have a minimum of rarity. From one Gond event to the next it`s got now an absolutely mass craft without limitation as used in any other event.

A bit of challenge would be if there would not be unlimited workshop morale. Or if I had to craft some materials on some of my chars and use these on main char for crafting.

Actually you already have or buy thousands of gold, buy tons of "steel bars" etc. from materials vendor. Then you craft tons of "wondrous cogs" etc. replenishing workshop morale cheap. Absolutely easy you can craft all the day "creations of wonder" manually without material exceed. This is not a balanced event. And I`m just wondering how this can be plan of the game designers.

Btw. if my intention would be max. profit, I would abuse this situation as a lot of others do.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Morale costs AD to restore. That kind of puts a limit on it.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    edited March 2020
    The event is not new and it is more or less like before profession became workshop. The difference is the profit margin was a lot higher back then. For many, it is not worthwhile for the effort anymore.
    You don't even need gold to buy materials if you have stocked up ton of old material/vouchers.
    And, I still have may be 50 stacks of 999 enchanted coffer. If it is hard, it will benefit people like me a lot because it will eliminate a lot of competitions. I don't even need to spend AD to replenish workshop morale. However, I am too lazy to do so. Regardless if the odd is easy or hard, there is a lot of manual labour involves.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    Can someone tell me what's interesting with (good from) this event ? 5K power mount ? Or something else ? Not trolling. I'am new player (well not new anymore) and want to know. I just don't know why i should play this event, when i have/got broom mount with 5K already. And i don't want to spend pres. wards (stack now is 900K) to get something i have, just different "skin".
    Thanks for answer.
    edited March 2020
    Selling event material if you don't care the "end result".
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User

Can someone tell me what's interesting with (good from) this event ? 5K power mount ? Or something else ? Not trolling. I'am new player (well not new anymore) and want to know. I just don't know why i should play this event, when i have/got broom mount with 5K already. And i don't want to spend pres. wards (stack now is 900K) to get something i have, just different "skin".
    Thanks for answer.

Coal and pres wards are fairly useful. Gotten a stack of Pres and a Coal ward so far. And you don't have to spend pres wards to upgrade, you can turn that function off.
  • thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User

Coal and pres wards are fairly useful. Gotten a stack of Pres and a Coal ward so far. And you don't have to spend pres wards to upgrade, you can turn that function off.

Sure. I can try my luck :) Or, even better. Don't play this event at all... I just can't get anything good from it.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Then sell whatever grommets you get in the AH and call it good.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

Thanks for answer.

Thanks for answer.

forgehammer of gond
  • xenocide#6119 xenocide Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    Why are players asking for more caps on content, Please no more caps.
    Infact, we should be asking for caps to start to be removed from content to allow/reward players for playing more.

edited March 2020

Why are players asking for more caps on content, Please no more caps.
    Infact, we should be asking for caps to start to be removed from content to allow/reward players for playing more.

Nobody asked for a "cap". In fact this Gond crafting is totally unbalanced. The richest just buy Gold from others, crafting boxes all the day. They do not have to play the game to earn anything for the crafts. Thousands creations of wonders each event if they have time. In fact they crash prices too for those who don't have that unlimited Gold or AD stash. A rework wouldn't touch the effort of "normal players".
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    Then normal players would have to sell their gold for a lower price since you are reducing the demand. There is not that much profit in crafting the sprockets anyway, considering the time and boredom involved.
    edited March 2020
    The boredom, the time, the clicking, the gathering, the crafting, the mailing, the buying are basically the "cap". If one can deal with these continuously, I don't see the problem. They endure the suffering to earn a little bit here and there. This is beyond grinding. The end product is only 33K in AH last time I checked. So, why not let them? If they can do 24x7, why not? If the normal player "cannot" do that and envy those who can, they can always prepare themselves for the next time.
  • xenocide#6119 xenocide Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    So before the event the creations of wonder bags were about 45k/ea. The day after the event they are about 36k/ea

I wouldn't call that a crash at all.
  • bumper3bumper3 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I really don't understand your problem with the event. I could craft many items during the event but choose not to. Still I got mount from it. If players making profit from it then good for them. Same way you could say about rat event that it is not balanced because old players got more characters and so to get more rat pups. For every event you can choose to play it or not and how to do it. Simply have fun instead complaining about the profit other players do from it. No one force anyone to be lazy and buy from AH regards the price. So just play and have fun. After all this is what the event and the game are for.
  • chidionchidion Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    edited March 2020

Normally this type of view isnt this of player, but this "creations of wonder"-mass spread is extremely exaggerated. The moral cost is low, moral can be restored without limits and materials are sold unlimited by materials vendor.
    Now additionally, everybody has perfect workers and tools to get max. amount of materials from each craft.

This means everybody having enough gold is selling tens of thousands of crafted materials cheapest to other players via AH and is crafting boxes himself without having limits by material.

I`m not sure if the game devs are aware that hundreds of people can easily craft 1000+ "creations of wonder" each in these 5 days? Prices have dropped extremely and there will be enough global stock of "creations of wonder" for the next 5 years of Auction house.

For next event, they should do a rework or minimum disactivate this cheap moral replenishing or just raise moral cost to 50 each try. The balancing is totally off now, at a region where I decided not to take part in this "Land of milk and honey"-event.

So your premise is the event should become more difficult, more expensive and less lucrative for everyone - just because you seem to have a problem with it?

Some things I will never understand...

greywynd said:

Morale costs AD to restore. That kind of puts a limit on it.

So does the 5 gold it takes to buy the ingredients...

So before the event the creations of wonder bags were about 45k/ea. The day after the event they are about 36k/ea

I wouldn't call that a crash at all.

Supply & demand is a HAMSTER...
    edited March 2020
    chidion said:

Normally this type ... this "Land of milk and honey"-event.

So your premise is the event should become more difficult, more expensive and less lucrative for everyone - just because you seem to have a problem with it?

Some things I will never understand...

It will not get harder for all. It should just require more game activity than getting 800Gold, buy 1000 of each required material from materials vendor NPC and craft with morale restoring without real limitation. This is not an "Event", this is just a "crafting orgy" transmuting gold to boxes with Zen store content.

The boredom, the time, the clicking, the gathering, the crafting, the mailing, the buying are basically the "cap". If one can deal with these continuously, I don't see the problem. They endure the suffering to earn a little bit here and there. This is beyond grinding. The end product is only 33K in AH last time I checked. So, why not let them? If they can do 24x7, why not? If the normal player "cannot" do that and envy those who can, they can always prepare themselves for the next time.

If any other event would go that easy way, we would just craft anything with materials bought for gold from NPCs. Why hard runs to get seals and buy boxes as challenge? Yes some players prefer it easy as possible.
    kharkov58 said:

Then normal players would have to sell their gold for a lower price since you are reducing the demand. There is not that much profit in crafting the sprockets anyway, considering the time and boredom involved.

They can find enough ways to make Gold a requirement. Players who sold their gold just gave others much higher chance to make profit. Those who are never bored making billions of AD this way every day and for the rest of the year with thousands of sellable boxes.
    edited March 2020

If any other event would go that easy way, we would just craft anything with materials bought for gold from NPCs. Why hard runs to get seals and buy boxes as challenge? Yes some players prefer it easy as possible.

Because it is more fun to play hard content. Less fun to labour on boring crafting for little profit.
    If somebody wants to "work", I would say let them.

As I mentioned, I don't even need to get raw material using gold. I can get the material for the final step with Vouchers.
    The only gold use is for the final step crafting commission.
    I also have many -75% commission artisans in many characters.
    i.e. I don't even need to spend AD on moral. I don't need to spend gold on raw material.
    Yet, I did not waste time on this because the profit was not attractive at all although my input cost is low (my labour cost is high).