test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Infernal Citadel Bugs

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Greetings!

As more players unlock the new dungeon we want to ensure we aren't missing any bug reports. We'd like folks to post any bugs related specifically to Infernal Citadel in this thread. We'll be checking in regularly and will respond or reach out to players if we need additional information. As always, the more details you can provide the more thoroughly we can investigate.

Thanks!

Comments

• micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    Bug:
    The first meteor strike (the one that changing tiles) that is personal (not all the group, but appears on only one person) targets actually more than one person, with the red circle appearing only on one member.

Expected behavior - only the one person who got red circle will trigger a meteor.

Workaround - First instance of personal red circle should be treated as full team one, with everyone either hug the single person with the red or everyone spread to outer clear tiles to hit on them.

• mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    Battle tactics not present. I have repeatedly won it and still the battle tactics is not present!
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Bug :

Tank + healer able to duo the bosses without any assistance from DPS due to overperforming master boons
    Post edited by wilbur626 on
    Elite Whaleboy
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    Red dots under toon doesnt show up for all during last boss bomb phase
    Elite Whaleboy
  • zopitazemola#9126 zopitazemola Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    The material we need to buy new items is bugged as hell, we should get 1 of each item per week. I have 2 bone devil spur and i cant get a hellforged chain. Submitted a ticket and the answer was:

While we tried to find an answer to your issue, unfortunately, we were unsuccessful. For highly detailed and specific questions as yours, we would be unable to offer an adequate response. There are limits to what we know or can divulge regarding gameplay specific concerns. We would highly recommend you ask knowledgeable players in-game or on the forums to see if they would be of assistance.

That reply fells like i nothing. Is bug from the game, cant even choose need-greed-pass, directly get a system messege "You can only obtain one per week"

Know people with the same problem. Fix it please o remove the weekly restriction (we will have to wait one more week to get the items, if the problem is fixed)
  • carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited February 2020

The material we need to buy new items is bugged as hell, we should get 1 of each item per week. I have 2 bone devil spur and i cant get a hellforged chain. Submitted a ticket and the answer was:

While we tried to find an answer to your issue, unfortunately, we were unsuccessful. For highly detailed and specific questions as yours, we would be unable to offer an adequate response. There are limits to what we know or can divulge regarding gameplay specific concerns. We would highly recommend you ask knowledgeable players in-game or on the forums to see if they would be of assistance.

That reply fells like i nothing. Is bug from the game, cant even choose need-greed-pass, directly get a system messege "You can only obtain one per week"

Know people with the same problem. Fix it please o remove the weekly restriction (we will have to wait one more week to get the items, if the problem is fixed)

I think one dev mentioned in a recent post: it's not one of each material per week, it's "one drop per boss per week". So, if you get a drop from the Bone Devil, you won't get another drop from him again. As each boss drops 2 materials and there are only 4 total, there are repeated drops from different bosses, so I would guess you got your 2 bone devil spurs from different bosses, and you won't get any other materials from these 2 bosses this week. If the remaining boss doesn't drop the hellforged chain, you won't be able to get it this week.

I know, it's extremely confusing and convoluted, but Cryptic is called Cryptic for a reason, I guess.

EDIT: Here is the exact quote, posted in this discussion: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/13139219
    asterdahl said:

You may only obtain one item used to exchange for the lion guard armor from an individual boss per week. When in a party, there should be a warning message before rolling on these items that indicates this; however, if running solo, there is currently no warning message before picking up one of these items.
    To clarify: you may obtain multiple of the same item per week, but not multiple items from the same boss.

• bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    Reported before this, but worth stating again. The singular bomb/fireball/meteor-strike mechanic is failing repeatedly. During Hellfire Engine Boss fight when a single person is targeted by this power it is actually dropping these attacks on multiple people, while only visually showing one person with this attack incoming. This leads to far more strikes on tiles, and negates the ability to "clump" these strikes together to limit their effect on the arena.
  • mercdv#5694 mercdv Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Single target meteor strikes on last boss are completely broken. During the single target meteor phase that targets the DPS, the red circles sometimes do not show under them but instead shows up under the tank even though the DPS is the one targeted by the effect. This means we just have to yell "single" and all the DPS just try to run to a different tile but since we cannot see the effect we do not know when to move out of the way so we have to take the strike. Also, the same DPS can be targeted by the meteor fall up to three times at once with each of them falling off within a second of each other which can hit multiple tiles at once. For example, I was targeted by the group meteor fall after running to stack with them, as soon as we ran out of the stack I was instantly targeted by two single target meteor attacks that fell off (one right after the other) within a second of each other which means the meteor strike targeted me three times within a few seconds. It ended up taking out a total of 4 tiles because I had to move out of the first stack when it landed or I would have died. These two events happen so often in the last boss room that the only way we can make it past is to only carry our very TOP guild DPSers with us so we can burn down the boss at a ridiculous rate in an efforts to limit the number of bugged meteor strikes. When the bugged strikes happen we run out of floor tiles way too fast. We even had one instance where a DPS was target 4 times within seconds by the single target where as soon as he moved out of the first strike a second would fall off him. We have other DPS that should be able to complete the instance because they are high enough damage but they can't because of the bugs.

Also, I'm not sure if this is by design but we sometimes get the single target meteor strike during the fire spin phase of the boss. Unfortunately, that means we have to sacrifice whoever gets it because they have to drop it in a safe spot and cannot rotate with the boss to avoid the attacks. We have run the last boss probably 25 times by now and the bugs in the meteor behavior is consistent.
  • gor1llaf1stgor1llaf1st Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    so a cleric dps doubled my endgame wizard and endgame hr in lomm.... good job cryptic, nerf actual dps and break the cleric lol
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    The First boss bugs out and never come if team do not all take same demon power. even after all portals are cleared
    If you wipe to restart you cannot get the demon power at all and have to abandon run
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• nottoday#3927 nottoday Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Floor does not reset after wipe on final boss. Must re-wipe, sometimes multiple times, before it resets. (PS4)
  • sriram#1646 sriram Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    I Noticed Couple of Issues with the Final Boss
    1. The Combat Advantage Circle is too small and hidden Under the Boss I barely see that Circle It is so annoying to see the Combat Advantage Circle I have to zoom in all the way
    Which is not a good choice Where as 1st boss and 2nd bosses has bigger Combat Advantage Circles.
    2. After First Charge there is a Hidden AOE circle which is annoying and dropping on the tiles and damaging the tiles.
    3 One tile is still not damaging even on fire
    It's on the 3nd row from the top and exactly to the door.
  • theaxolotl#4252 theaxolotl Member Posts: 2 New User
    There appears to be an issue with drops in TIC right now. I was able to receive all of the boss drops on my tank a couple weeks ago, however the past two weeks I have been trying to obtain them on my healer, and the drops have not been working as expected. The behavior I've noticed appears to be that we're only able to obtain one item per week per boss, regardless of which item it is. Examples below:

1. On Morzach, both the Hellforged Chain and the Bone Devil Spur dropped. I rolled need on both, was awarded the Chain, then got a message immediately saying I was not eligible to receive the Spur. This was on my first run this week.

2. In the same run, Zaphael dropped the Fire of the Pit Fiend and the Bone Devil Spur. I rolled need on both, was awarded the Spur and got a similar message for the Fire.

On a run today, I was ineligible to receive either item from Morzach, and I was ineligible to receive either item from Zaphael. This has prevented me from getting the Fire of the Pit Fiend either this week or last week, even though I should have been eligible for the drop, since I have not received one at all on my healer. I am currently looking at 3 more weeks until I can collect enough for the Helm, even though I should have been eligible both this week and last week due to this bug.
  • the1truehunterthe1truehunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 211 Arc User
    How many broken things I must face in order to have a bit of light at the end of the tunnel? Your free chest in IC doesn't provide any changes using AD and reroll tokens, just 1k AD + or -. It is an endgame dungeon. When I spend half an hour up to 1 hour from my life depending by the party format and up to 50k at the end of the dungeon, I would like to get at least my AD back judging about the fact that I am able to get only 100k AD from RAD /day. I m starting to hate your rng tables. It is not healthy for me and I have no reason to play in the future if there are not at least small changes before bigger ones approach. Hope you will see this @nitocris83 and you will let your team know that. I am so dissapointed about what this game become over the past few years? Where I have to scream in order to get a bit of attention on the subject?
  • the1truehunterthe1truehunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 211 Arc User
    If your game is just about gambling I would rather choose another game. Let me know!
  • durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User

The behavior I've noticed appears to be that we're only able to obtain one item per week per boss, regardless of which item it is. Examples below:

That is how it was set up. Working as Intended.
  • theaxolotl#4252 theaxolotl Member Posts: 2 New User
    > @durugudesu said:
    > (Quote)
    > That is how it was set up. Working as Intended.

I was under the impression it was each item once per week per boss. When I went through on my tank, I was definitely able to get each item from each boss each week.
    Sadly, you can't get more than 3 drops(mats to make lionguard equipment) a week. you can confirm this by checking how many mats you have already gotten.
  • bearmore961bearmore961 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    Last night I obtained a Hellforged chain as well as a Fire of the Pit Fiend currency drop. BOTH were deposited directly into an overflow bag and now I can not Invoke, claim rewards, or claim my daily VIP rewards. Neither can be transfered, put into a bank, or even discarded (not that I would want to discard). My day is wasting for being able to invoke or play the game. and YES I have over 80 slots EMPTY in my inventory.
  • carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User

Last night I obtained a Hellforged chain as well as a Fire of the Pit Fiend currency drop. BOTH were deposited directly into an overflow bag and now I can not Invoke, claim rewards, or claim my daily VIP rewards. Neither can be transfered, put into a bank, or even discarded (not that I would want to discard). My day is wasting for being able to invoke or play the game. and YES I have over 80 slots EMPTY in my inventory.

You currency inventory is full. Delete some currency you don't need, like old bounty items, and you should be able to move the items out of the overflow bag.

Players have had this problem since M16 was released. They need to increase the size of the currency inventory or, at least, give more intuitive error messages.
    Not sure why, BUT sometimes boss has no drops, even though there is a person in the team who has not yet rolled on any material.

Sucks when this happens when people are looking to get their last mat to make the armor, for example, which only drop at the last boss.

For now we just blame it on being unlucky, but if this is not WAI, can you look at this and fix it?
  • k3bab5k3bab5 Member Posts: 7 Arc User

Not sure why, BUT sometimes boss has no drops, even though there is a person in the team who has not yet rolled on any material.

Sucks when this happens when people are looking to get their last mat to make the armor, for example, which only drop at the last boss.

For now we just blame it on being unlucky, but if this is not WAI, can you look at this and fix it?

seems the case we ran the first boss five times on first run we had drops on every consecutive run there were no drops we changed character out to ensure there were characters who could use the materials who had not looted since last reset still no drops.

honestly the rewards system needs to be looked at in general specifically around some of the harder dungeons kinda sick of getting rewarded with 990 red feather clan from the box after defeat the last boss of the citadel
  • rualkgreywolfrualkgreywolf Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    During the second boss fight the small AoEs (the ones that spawn the small pool of fire) didn't work properly in two different ways.

1) sometimes they started dealing damage before dropping on the ground

2) sometimes they dealt many tick at once (I was once oneshotted, 330k HP, as soon as I dropped the pool, with many instances of the same damage popping up on my screen at once)
  • roadkill#6177 roadkill Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    I don't know if bug or not, but companions and created entities (eg. Shadow Puppet) often will be knocked out of the arena during the Hellfire Engine boss fight, unable to return to combat. Makes using an augment type companion the most sensible option.