test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

We all want mod 15 mechanics back...

djnasty93djnasty93 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
okay, considered 99,9999% of people that loved the old mechanics/classes are cryn (stopped playn) the total destruction that every build of every class has become (only cool thing its divinity counter.. ''nerf Dc Dps will come soon'')

the game before was totally different, more creative, more tests to do more funny things instead of thinking only to make astral diamonds for THE POWER….

if i made a copy of neverwinter mod 15 all players come on my neverwinter instead of new mod… (im the one that cry about old mod old mechanic of my hunter ranger)

seriously an hr buffer in mod 15 can run with the companion 'chicken' equipped, to help him run away and buff….. this is PURE FUN….. now what is a buffer.. if you are bored to play dps class only alternative its healer

almost make like 'build on charisma for max reload speed, build on costitution for max ap' not a fake 1% reload speed or 1% action point gain…. this is a joke, we need more creativity… we got all standard now, everyone same build and everyone make same identic rotation so its like every hr that make a standard rotation will result same identic damage.. cause warden rotation its super boring ans super easy…. do you remember when people said that hr was one of the hardest class in neverwinter? now its the easiest, im sure even a 8 years old can replicate a rotation of an hr experienced that played 5 years only Hr.. this is powercracy not meritocracy or skillcracy … he use SNIPE Daily, he crit, you replicate it you dont crit, he is 5 milions upper, where is your power now?

The only thing i like now its that you can do dmg witouth any buffer in this mod.. this is cool cause good buffers were really rare in past, causing you to do one time 100 in dmg and one time to do 1000 in dmg… you were same your rotation same but the buff was different..

Comments

• Options
    so.. can you please return on past mods? old powers, old feat tree <3

with 7 classes you can do only the game you are playn (nerf/buff) to get more interestant one class.. imagine if gwf can hold 2 weapons just enabling a specific feat tree, or hunter ranger with a musket this will encourage 'non addicted to dmg' people to make an Hr a Gwf just because its particular/funny/cool/interesting/powerful..

with thoose mod 16 changes neverwinter become like every Mmo in the world with the malus that the mechanic of all game was thought in another way than it is now

as i said in past Nw lost its Spectacularity… the research behing one phases, the perfection of one phases.. every show mentality its broken.. see old you tube videos how many views gets then cry you too

i feel like i lost a game.. im here just to know what future equipment will give us (not dmg ofc, i mean utility, funny equip, userful equip)

definitely if i was a new player just approaching neverwinter, yes i liked like i liked in past the stance bow/melee, but i stopped play cause i hate fixed reload speeds like every MMo..

This Whole game need a big fix to let people like neverwinter

HOW a main Op Paladin can do quests in this mod? he cant cause he will be 100% slower than a weak/low item score dps, so he lost his time cause he like to be tank/healer …..
  • Options
    you said that you begin hear peoples (aka who gives you money to live) but every guy i talk, every one!! say me that he wants the old mod back, the old class he own
    you made so big chaos in this mod that i really cant believe how people still play (addiction) !?
  • Options
    yes im a bit angry, because when i think to old mod old Hunter Ranger class wich i enjoyed so much im sad.. sad to loose a game........im not joking.. an unique game like it was has printed in our minds so many beautiful things that we are loosing in dps/power war ... i was happy to lvl up my hunter ranger buffer cause even if i buff for a main dps i did my great dmg aswell...endgame of a buffer its dmg, in buff...

so were can i find that game in 2020? can i rollback my pc?
  • Options
    if you done this changes to make game easier for everyone (pc/psx/xbox) users and/or ''noobs'' you didnt succeed…
  • Options
    b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    I will agree with the OP but I will also add that asking to get them to change things back to mod 15 is never going to happen and I will also add that it is a bit of a waste to ask for such things knowing it is never going to take place.
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    I look forward to another year of endless "bring back pre-mod 16 neverwinter" rants.

Carry on sir.
  • Options
    Yes ecrana, for those who liked the game before mod 16 its a big mess.. im just tryn to let them think cause it was really funny play a buff class with reload speed before...

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Which was one of the main reasons they nuked the game and gave us Mod 16.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    Oh, thx for the chart @rjc9000
    - bye bye -
  • Options
    akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    That chart is pure awesomeness!!!!

as for mod 15, while I did enjoy the faster pace of combat as well as a lot of other things the one major flaw with that system is exactly what is being touted here, the buff classes.

Buffs became so strong that most of the player base was relegated to being useless. Pretty much every single party ended up being 1 HDPS (usually GWF) and 4 buffers. the rest of the DPS and tanks were considered inconsequential and ignored.
  • Options
    aerhythia#3255 aerhythia Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    The new formula made buffs additive so you wouldn't be able to deal 1000 times damage anyways. This was supposedly in works for a long time and requested many times by the community. Old formula 5 buffs of 50% would be 7.6 times more damage, new formula 2.5 times more damage. Add a 100% self-buff for one of the DPS and it's 16.2 times in the former and 3.5 times in the latter case.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    The best way I heard someone describe combat mechanics in Mod 16 was, "The fluidity and grace of HR's is gone."
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    Im speaking about old powers.. they destroy everything not a single thing, less crit less, damage on funny build.
    they made balance easier, okay, there are 3 things in every build to buff/nerf magnitude and % of dmg.

Im in love with tricky games and i love the thing that you can use melee and bow, rifle/sword.

the cooldown thing was present before too in any case, cause only buffers were able to keep (personal buffs) up, the trickest hr rotation become 'a skill every 3 seconds'.
  • Options
    neferotneferot Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Why do people say so easily “all around”?

The new system is not perfect. But the old one was also limping on all legs. When the damage of the DPS was not dependent on the DPS of the player ... IMHO, this is very bad.

a system in which there is no need for tanks - no healers, no damage. Only oneshots, multiplying buffs and running from door to chest almost without stopping. The tower of the magician - that would not be the same as it is under the old system - Halaster would be oneshot down and that's all.

the old system had one big flaw - ignoring all the dungeon mechanics.

and even if I understand and remember everything, then there wasn’t such a variety in builds as in our memory. There was always one assembly that was more profitable than everyone else and everyone used it.

PS. Well, the summary -
    Do I want the development and further evolution of the current class mechanics - yes.
    Do I want the M15 mechanics to return as they were - no.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The old mechanics - not mod 15 but from beta until then - were fine. It was the power creep and the accumulation of broken powers and artifacts that crept in ti the game that made mods 12+ increasingly about buffs and one phasing. Those same mechanics whithout the bloat were fine for years. If mod 16 had worked to restore what had worked in the game, we wouldn't be in the state we are in. Instead, we got a massive, poorly thought out and even more poorly executed mess. A bunch of new kids got handed the reins and thought they new better than the devs who built the game. They were wrong.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    neferotneferot Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    since the topic is called "return m15" - that's why I wrote "old mechanics"
    But if you take into account the very beginning of the game ... then it was more like M16 than M15 IMHO, in terms of pace and machanics of the game.
    tanks tanked, healed the healers, dd caused damage ... it was necessary here on the same Valindra - to divide sectors among themselves, and to close portals.
    And then what? Vampirism, Recovery, 100500 buffs that multiply among themselves. All the dungeons on one face became steel. Run off, not noticing the boss mobs - wait for all the buffs - wait for the skills - run on to the next boss.
    How to further develop the game with such a system? What would the tower and the citadel look like if they went out in m15? Halasters are just a one-shot at 3 phases, the stronghold is shots of bosses, without their mechanics ... Would that be interesting?
  • Options
    If they had restored the game to what it was before the mod 6 changes, there would be no buff stacking and no one phasing. Remove most of the buffs, make the remaining ones stack additively. Make stat returns nonlinear. The problems if one phasing and speeding through dungeons are solved.

Instead, the devs spend a year and a half letting the game rot away while they work on their massive, buggy, broken overhaul that people are still unhappy with a year later - hence this thread.
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    pitshade said:

If they had restored the game to what it was before the mod 6 changes, there would be no buff stacking and no one phasing. Remove most of the buffs, make the remaining ones stack additively. Make stat returns nonlinear. The problems if one phasing and speeding through dungeons are solved.

Instead, the devs spend a year and a half letting the game rot away while they work on their massive, buggy, broken overhaul that people are still unhappy with a year later - hence this thread.

Buff stacking was in the game since the first day. You could get multiple stacks of high vizier + high prophet + other buffs (powers, enchants, etc.) and burn bosses.

The thing is that lots of people didnt know it, and the use wasnt massive. Also in that moment, most people used to bug bosses going out of the map (castle never, valindra tower, malabog castle) so they didnt bother to learn how to stack buffs because they could bug the bosses.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    Those were debuffs and HV at launch was not WAI, hence they were made to stop at 3 stacks total in mod 1. Of the buff powers used to one phase bosses, AFAIK for cleric only Hallowed Ground existed prior to mod 5 when cleric was rebuilt to be a buffbot with the Righteous path. Into the Fray was reworked mod 4. Not sure about Longstrider, but guessing that was mod 6.

Also, I'm not saying they should have done a magical rollback and return to an exact replica of the old game. Rolling back specific changes such as linear stat returns and the proliferation of buffs doesn't mean we have to accept old, bad mechanics that were done away with. For instance, debuffs were reigned in at some point in an undocumented change after the HV set got fixed to add a hard cap to debuffs. Later it was changed again to the soft capped system that made debuff stacking less desirable.

Anyway, to try and sum up my point, a few changes to revert bad decisions could have fixed the issues that dragged the game down from mod 12 to 15. These would have been quicker to implement and introduced far fewer bugs than rebuilding everything from scratch.
  • Options
    b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    The only thing that I would ever want to see returned back to the game is the options I was given for my class when I started playing. That allowed us to do different things so that we all was not copying each others builds.
    Now each class and spec is a copy of another and its sad.
    The rest of what was removed I never cared much about but removing the tree and boon points and making each build a copy now thats just down right bad.
  • Options
    soltaswordsoltasword Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    I quit playing when mod 16 came out. I really enjoyed playing the game then but mod 16 really ruined the game for me. Everything about mod 15 I enjoyed was pretty much gone. My characters weren't as good as before, you couldn't do early content if you were above level as the scaling was so broken it wasn't even funny, dungeons and skirmishes were all but impossible if you were not fully bis or close to it at least. Mod 16 was just a disaster from the get go and shouldn't have even been put out. But it was and since it was so bad, I quit and took my money somewhere else. I just decided to check here this evening to see how it was going and I see the game is just as bad as ever. I would come back in a heartbeat if they started a server with mod 15 on it. Wouldn't even care about new content from mod 16 on just as long as mod 16 never came to that server. I would even go back to vip as I was. One can dream anyway.
  • Options
    tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    If you want a return to Pre Mod16 Mechanics then do everyone a favor and just go find something else to play.

Anyone who understands even minutely how much of a terrible idea that is and how close the game came to dying completely would never be thoughtless enough to even suggest going back to it.

There were literal thousands of posts explaining in great detail how much strain and perpetual Power Shift was occurring Pre Mod16, myself included spent exhaustive hours explaining why Mod16 would improve the majority when given the chance to people before it launched.

The only "fun" you're missing is being able to lolstomp content solo with grossly inflated stats and then still be deluded enough to raise complaints that content is "too easy" which forces Power Shift requiring mandatory compensational Power Shift on the Player Side, further inflating stats grossly and making the incessant demands of the entitled sub-sect of this community for Balance and Fixes impossible to fulfill.

The game is vastly improved since Mod16, no-one is a power unto themselves in content, no matter how maxed out they become and the Dev. team has the breathing room to make improvements, get on top of issues as best they can and seek avenues to improve areas by following the advice of the knowledgeable Veterans of the community.

Don't try to ruin that.
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    @tgwolf
    The only people that can ruin it, is Cryptic. They have done this before and will do so again and again.

This whole thread is very pointless, Thomas Foss told us these changes are permanent on a Live Stream almost one year ago. They basically burned those bridges behind them and there is no going back. Most of us were unhappy about the changes, since those changes, we either adapted or left. The game is not hard, in fact I find it to be more pathetic than ever, as in I feel pity upon it, and heavyhearted for those who blindly grind rAD in stale dungeons to better their character for the next module.

If you are old or new, and you really need things for this game, please feel free to attend my new contest on April 5th. It is a simple game and you don't need to worry about the game mechanics to play it.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    The combat feel was definitely better pre mod 16.

But as far as the meta of cleric buffing one dps during a dungeon run, was stupidly boring. "Hey cleric, bind me!" "Hey cleric do you have me bound?" "How come it seems I'm not getting exalted?"

"That's because you keep complaining that you aren't getting buffed when you have been the whole time."

This current system playing Devout is annoying because after all this time it still seems the majority of the player base think healing is unlimited. Which it was pre-mod 16.

You know I played cleric on preview server just before mod 16 went to live and the class was actually designed differently. I had experimented so much with it and discovered that devout at that time could put out more damage than the arbiter build. I think I wasn't the only one who discovered this and they actually totally redesigned the cleric before the mod went live. Every few days preview got a patch and it almost always had drastic cleric changes. I was constantly laughing because from implemented preview to end preview the class no longer resembled the initial introduction on preview. Feats that totally didn't and still don't make any sense.

The limitations of the Devout being able to heal constantly have been drastically limited but the constant damage spam in dungeons has remained the same from mod 15 into 16+. However; it was actually nice pre mod 16 for cleric since their encounters actually did both heal and dmg simultaneously. This totally doesn't exist anymore.

If anything I want back the starting Ability Score roll options, the multiple feat options that dont lock you into using paper or plastic choices. And the faster paced combat.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User

The game is not hard, in fact I find it to be more pathetic than ever,

The only thing that makes it "hard" in some places is the poor implementation of scaling.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    I forget where I said this before... here I go again. While we cannot go back to the way it was, we could push forward with some vast improvements.

Attribute Roles
    I don't even know, if they hold all that much sway on my character anymore. However the general idea behind rolling dice in the game to make these attributes was to generate a variety of possibilities. This idea that you start the game with fixed attributes, and just add a few points as you level, is not in the spirit of D&D, in any edition that you play.

Feats
    They have these five stupid A/B switches in place of the old feats. This gives you 32 variations, if I did my powers of 2 correctly. If they had made it 3 options (A, B, or C) the variation jumps up to 243 variations. There was 33 Feats in the old tree and all I am saying is, add 5 more back in to get more variety with the builds.

Power Cooldowns
    I am not even talking about the daily. I get that it is a superpower that I need to wait for build up. During solo PvE, the encounter cooldown has me killing a mob, waiting 30 to 40 seconds and move on to the next mob. This just slows down the combat and players want to move from mob to mob, it isn't about deaths, at least not in my opinion. I have no problem, if I bite off too much and get kill, and return to rest at the campfire. But having about the same wait time between fights makes crossing a map dull. So many players, instead of fighting across the map, they just avoid fights to get to the objective. The game quickly degrades into dashing from Heroic Encounter to Heroic Encounter, waiting for the BHE and dashing over there. It isn't like those mobs are going to stop me.

Making changes in those areas alone would be such a great improvement to the current game. But let's face facts, Cryptic won't do it.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    mwkmwk Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    I learned to adjust after mod 16. If anything it's completely companion buffs that are helping me balance my player classes out. Don't grasp 3% more damage on demons or whatever those type of boons. Companion influence boons also are boosting all my stats up. Use energon companion, it gives 24K hit points; very helpful! Even insignia combinations give different boosting buffs that will help. Take the time to look at class features and feats. Don't frustrate yourself. I adjusted and noticed a well established difference paying attention to these things that players often miss that do help.
    Post edited by mwk on