test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Open Discussion - Legendary Mounts

drago#3250 drago Member Posts: 190 Arc User
Hello,
I want start open discussion to the community - What do you think about the costs for Legendary Mounts? We talk about multiple hundred days in AD earn. In special for example the War Triceratops I just saw 45.000.000 in cost, now it's a bit cheaper - a real bargain for 19.000.000 AD. While there are multiple 10K Power Mounts there is only one HP Mount and to be IC ready you better need the War Triceratops. There is a shortage of IC ready tanks. These days start one, you must be crazy.
What do you think about the prices? There was a discussion about the odds, but there was no solution presented by Cryptics.

Comments

• Options
    nooneatzanooneatza Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    The price of the triceratops is caused by the fact people dont open lockboxes that contain it or the pack that its in amd that its the only bis choice for tanks.
    But you absolutely do not need it to tank ic, as long as you have the defensive stats capped and like 550k something hp you re golden
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    Damn and I sold for 10mil. What a shame.
  • Options
    oldtimer#7525 oldtimer Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    If you are in a position where a legendary mount is a good investment then 19 million AD is not that big of a deal especially when you consider that HP is the best mount bonus you can take on any support build and is more then viable on a DPS as well.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    The cost/price is defined by the buyer and seller.
    Is it worth it is defined by the buyer.
    In my opinion, it is not worth it unless you are already BiS in other areas.
    On the other hand, if you are already BiS in other areas, the percentage of improvement of a Legendary mount is relatively lower.
    How much HP does a legendary War Triceratops give? I think it is 16K.
    How much HP does an Epic War Triceratops give? I think it is 8K.
    What is the price difference between Epic and Legendary? Is it 19 million?
    19 million for 8K HP?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    I don not use the War Triceratops, but I have tanked IC without deaths countless times. Wasting 45 mil on a mount you do not need, when you can easily use those millions to build a proper tank sounds stupid to me.
    Elite Whaleboy
  • Options

On the other hand, if you are already BiS in other areas, the percentage of improvement of a Legendary mount is relatively lower.
    19 million for 8K HP?

The numbers you are looking for is 50.000 HP at legendary and 25.000 at epic.
    Elite Whaleboy
  • Options
    wilbur626 said:

19 million for 8K HP?

The numbers you are looking for is 50.000 HP at legendary and 25.000 at epic.
    Thanks. So, may be 19 million for 25K HP. For a 500K+ HP build, it is a 5% increase. Is 19 million for 5% a good investment? Depends on the buyer.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    > @wilbur626 said:
    > I don not use the War Triceratops, but I have tanked IC without deaths countless times. Wasting 45 mil on a mount you do not need, when you can easily use those millions to build a proper tank sounds stupid to me.

What if they threw in a cape? Now how much would you pay?
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    pitshade said:

> @wilbur626 said:

> I don not use the War Triceratops, but I have tanked IC without deaths countless times. Wasting 45 mil on a mount you do not need, when you can easily use those millions to build a proper tank sounds stupid to me.

What if they threw in a cape? Now how much would you pay?

Now we talking 49+

Elite Whaleboy
  • Options
    frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Post edited by frogwalloper#6494 on
  • Options
    beigeman#7856 beigeman Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    750k hp on fighter without legend triceratops.. don't waste ad on it.. plenty of other ways to gain hp
  • Options
    xenocide#6119 xenocide Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    One day you might get lucky and pull a legendary.
    That's the day you stop caring about how expensive they are listed (and sell) for.
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

One day you might get lucky and pull a legendary.
    That's the day you stop caring about how expensive they are listed (and sell) for.

Still waiting...
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    @drago#3250
    No one "needs" a Legendary mount, many players just "want" them. In most cases the combat affect is inconsequential from what I have witnessed. Cryptic has started a year long program "Hell Pit" to obtain a Legendary mount and they have offered a Legendary mount in the Zen store, but I forget which one they had in there. You asked if we think 20 million AD is too much for a mount. It is my opinion, that $270 worth of Zen to AD for a single mount sounds insane to me! I am clinically insane, so I should know crazy when I see it. But if you desire to buy it for cash or grind rAD for 3 million a month for the next 7 months... I say go for it. <3
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    I look at it like anyone person should think about other things and when they reach that point where they can not improve on things like enchants or pets and they have all this AD saved up because well they do not have to waste on stuff like wards or pets then think about a mount.
    Took me a solid 3 years before any of the lockboxes gave me a legendary mount however it was 3 years to late because of how cryptic decided to change all these things.
    Sure its a nice mount but really doesnt do me much good.
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    I saved up for three months or so to get my Legendary Mount. I paid about 6 million for an Orange Deepcrow.

I was so underwhelmed at its performance that I almost cried.

Never again. The AD would have been better spent on enchant upgrades.
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited March 2020

I saved up for three months or so to get my Legendary Mount. I paid about 6 million for an Orange Deepcrow.

I was so underwhelmed at its performance that I almost cried.

Never again. The AD would have been better spent on enchant upgrades.

Just two days ago:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/fi2lvm/seeking_advice_on_legendary_mounts_vs_other/

Looks like common "trap" people attracted to (and understandably, legendary mount are nice).
  • Options
    I have 2 legendary mounts. One was lucky (from lockbox) and one was purchased from Zen store.
    Both of them are still unbound and in the bank because I don't feel the need and want to keep the option to sell.
    No, I have not equip'ed any legendary mount yet.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Well, they could just change the bonus of the Golden Warhorse from the Hell Pit event to +HP/+Power, make it account wide, then change the event to a returning one like the Siege of Neverwinter and call it a day.

Yeah, i know, not going to happen, but with the CDP going on, one starts dreaming of possible changes in NWO...
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    regenerde said:

Well, they could just change the bonus of the Golden Warhorse from the Hell Pit event to +HP/+Power, make it account wide, then change the event to a returning one like the Siege of Neverwinter and call it a day.

Yeah, i know, not going to happen, but with the CDP going on, one starts dreaming of possible changes in NWO...

Love the idea.

Never going to happen.

Is Hell Pit Chapter Two even scheduled?
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User

regenerde said:

Love the idea.

Never going to happen.

Is Hell Pit Chapter Two even scheduled?
    I don't think so, the last i read about it was that they wanted to make some changes to it before the next round. I just hope they give the new version enough time on the Preview server...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!