test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Player help

Hello everyone tried this game in beta but never played it because i was too busy with other games. But i did down load it last night and played through the tutorial but basically is there any thing specific I should know to help me get started. Been watching some guides and stuff today on youtube but havent found so far that really covers early leveling. Dont want my hand held but dont want to mess up anything that i cant fix either. Thank you and I am playing a Drow Wizard.

Comments

• gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    Follow Knox quests, when you are 60 start elemental evil campaign, then undermountain campaign, that should get you to 80 and and make use to the guides online. Also, try to get a guild if you are not into one
  • blindprincessblindprincess Member Posts: 1 New User
    I know this is really no the place but it would not let me post anywhere else ... I am new to neverwinter and I guess I am used to sto interface... but how do you get it out of "camera mode" there is a small circle in front that will not go away
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    @blindprincess - that's your target reticle. I'm not sure you can disable it, but if you can it would be listed under the ingame options.
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    Some of the nicest looking equipment is only available during the leveling quests. So if you like the way something looks, instead of selling it, you may want to consider turning it into a transmute.

Keep an eye on the available skirmishes as you level. Some of them will never be available again once you level pass them.

Also, some of the level 70+ campaigns no longer have starting points. But you can find and activate them on the campaign tracker screen.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The Alt key will place you in Inspect mode and remove the various HUD components. There will be a Neverwinter Logo though. This is more for taking screenshots rather than playing.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    pitshade said:

The Alt key will place you in Inspect mode and remove the various HUD components. There will be a Neverwinter Logo though. This is more for taking screenshots rather than playing.

I think what you described is the 'B' key.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I have my keys customized too, so I try avoid telling you the keys. First @blindprincess unlike STO you cannot do the following; remove the reticle (been there for 7 long years) :angry: , holster and draw weapon, swap to point and click on ground movement, and a lot more they didn't keep when they made Neverwinter. Remember how you can tell your men to guard an area? Nope, your companion will run off attacking random mobs, you are not even looking at, just to get you killed.

Now back to OP, wha? February 7th... well still it is a common question and deserves a good answer. I just saw a video on YouTube;

She posted that 2 days ago.
    Have fun and check out my contest in April. <3
    wb-cenders.gif
  • bumper3bumper3 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    There are from time to time 50% off events in zen store. I got there the 42 slots back and another event the coal ward. Those are rare but are there.
    edited March 2020
    bumper3 said:

There are from time to time 50% off events in zen store. I got there the 42 slots back and another event the coal ward. Those are rare but are there.

Those "VIP 50% off for one item with quantity of one in limited time" event. If one does not have VIP, one doesn't have access to those VIP events.

The referred 50% off event was 50% off the whole Zen store and not limited to VIP players.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    ...and has since been reduced to 40%.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    greywynd said:

...and has since been reduced to 40%.

I believe it was 30% last time.

• kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    You can start the Tyranny of Dragons campaign at level 26.