test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cleric solo target DPS

Hey, guys. I apologize to the admins in advance for making a new discussion, it's just important to me.
I want talking about devoted clerics with path Arbiter. At the moment, the situation is such that the arbiters only run to make quests in solo. But not so many players who make them a complete DPS class, although we need to thank the developers for this opportunity to make DPS cleric. Thank for this choose. I have dps cleric when no one thought it was possible. Look now at the DPS classes at TOMM and you will see everything very clearly. Why no one arbiter at TOMM ? Because there's have a serious problem with solo target damage. It fact! And the specifics of TOMM is prolonged damage to the solo target. It's not possible with any skill rotation of the arbiter cleric's. With optimal rotation he's twice as far behind in damage as the hunters, wizards and barb. Cleric have the only one DPS path. Please just make at least this one paragon path complete.
Thanks!
Drider // guild "The Wolves" // (GF, DC) = 80к gear+
Tagged:

Comments

• froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    I feel you. Running a dungeon like LoMM I can top the paingiver chart until a boss fight. Then get back on top before the next boss just to drop out of the lead after the boss. single target damage just isn't there.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • unq#3642 unq Member Posts: 25 Arc User

I feel you. Running a dungeon like LoMM I can top the paingiver chart until a boss fight. Then get back on top before the next boss just to drop out of the lead after the boss. single target damage just isn't there.

+1
  • sobi#1980 sobi Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    Yes, please buff our single target dps as arbiters :expressionless:
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    they should fix all the bugs that happen when arbiters use certain items, and then buff the class a bunch.
  • unq#3642 unq Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    At least make sure Prophecy of Doom can crit. It's a skill for a single target.
  • marvyn#9793 marvyn Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    My main spec as cleric is healer, but I do occasionally play dps in dungeons and obviously when soloing / questing.

For me, the Arbiter cleric is just too clunky.

Here's what I find are the most irritating features of playing Arbiter Cleric:

1. The animation speed of various powers: From the misfiring Searing Javelin where mobs die before the animation is completed to the firing speed of powers like Break the Spirit and Geas. And there's that delay too where you sometimes you hear the sound of the ability firing and dodge or reposition yourself for some reason, and then find that the power didn't in fact fire at all.

2. Micro-management of rotation: The rotation requires micro-management to get the Perfect Balance trait to work. In perfect circumstances it works fine. But the problem is, is that you are not rewarded for getting it right - meaning your dps is average or worse than other classes for getting it all right, yet if you get it wrong you are massively punished by losing your divinity replenishment. And there are rarely perfect circumstances with misfiring powers etc.

3. Rigid rotation: In order to get Perfect Balance to work, you have to rigidly manage/rotate your powers. Rather than being free to use the appropriate power, you feel forced into a game style where your choice of powers is solely to build up to a 4/4 Perfect Balance to restore divinity.

4. Using tab to use pips: When you hit tab to convert pips to divinity if you need it, quite often you have to whack it twice, or worse -> the pips you want to use are overwritten as you've already lined up your next attack. So for example, you fire a searing javelin, get 5 yellow pips when it hits the target from the sudden verdict feat, but because of the animation delays, you've already lined up and fired your next lance of faith, which overwrites the yellow pips before you can use them.

5. Angel of Death Feat: Completely useless. Can't be relied upon to proc at a convenient time. As it shares the same button TAB to activate it with using pips for divinity, it's often activated when not wanted, or at other times it doesn't seem to want to activate at all.

6. AoE dailies: Celestial Prominence: requiring placement, a 5 second build-up and then another activation to trigger the power. In the meantime, mobs can move, mobs can die etc. Then there's Flame Strike, which is a weak DoT or a small patch of fire on the floor. I find both pretty awful.

7. Single-target dailies: Hammer of Fate: A channelled attack that can be interrupted before it does its full damage - either by the action of mobs or by you having to evade. Personally, I always use the weaker Guardian of Faith, as at least that can be relied upon to hit the target.

8. Conflagrate: Slow-casting AoE At-Will. Seems a very small area of effect - particularly when compared with things like the Ranger's Electric Shot. In fact, even the Warden's Clear the Ground melee ability appears to have a larger area of effect.

9. Sun Burst: Impossible to use in group content without being incredibly anti-social with it knocking everything all over the place.