test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scoreboard to show all the time, instead of pressing "x" please ?

Would it ever be possible to show the scoreboard charts while we're in a raid at all times, instead of us having to press "x" to peek at it, doing that in combat is not the best option we have I'd say, this could definitely be improved to a better state.

Comments

• madmartigan#1315 madmartigan Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    > @greywynd said:
    > Removing it completely would be a much better state.

Agreed.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    Yes, get rid of it.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    The scoreboard is bad for the game.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    Oh, gawd, please no. There is too much clutter as it is.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    the scoreboard is useful for telling you if you have just entered a dungeon/ trial that has failed many times and you are a replacement/cannon fodder so buyer beware lol ///
  • krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    I was in malabogs a few days back and one member of the party was complaining about not getting healed. I was playing as Arbiter and there was a Paly who queued as healz but wasn't doing anything and seemed to be attempting to run dps tank strategy on his healing build. But who did the guy target? Me because he assumed "cleric" means healing. So he was attempting to get me removed from the party for "not healing" when I was queued for DPS. I know this is just ignorance on the part of the player but how the hell does a player get to REDQ point in the game and not know what class icons mean?

Why am I even stating this? I told him to push X and look at who is top pain giver and then complain again about not getting healed. (which was me). Then talk to the paladin who queued as healer.

Long story longer, we got to Malabog but it was brutal and the fight was nearly lost and I was the only one left standing and had to finish off Malabog from 20% remaining HP.

The score board is both terrible for the game and needed. It both validates and invalidates players. You can quickly see who is being carried or doing nothing.
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    for me, terrible idea.

don't need any more clutter
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    kalina311 said:

the scoreboard is useful for telling you if you have just entered a dungeon/ trial that has failed many times and you are a replacement/cannon fodder so buyer beware lol ///

This could easily be replaced by an always-on-top instance timer.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited March 2020

Would it ever be possible to show the scoreboard charts while we're in a raid at all times, instead of us having to press "x" to peek at it, doing that in combat is not the best option we have I'd say, this could definitely be improved to a better state.

^ Some people would really hate this ^

Best longterm solution: Cryptic creates an option setting for Combat menu presentation style.

Best short term solution: Map the "X" key to an alternate location that is more convenient for you... a mouse side button for instance.
  • franklin223franklin223 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Removing it completely would be a much better state.

Agree. This game is does not need a scoreboard and does not need pvp. Dungeons & Dragons is a corporative game and this iteration of it could really do without all the common game devices that put players at odds with one another. It is childish really.