test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Devs: You need to tone this down

hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
edited March 2020 in Player Feedback (PC)
Last Bastion quest:

Vallenhas fighters who aren't worth spit and are all down in seconds.

1 Exalted Cambion laying down AoE right under my feet every time I stop moving
2 Narzugons trampling me every chance the get (oh, and one is throwing out fear, and the red area DOES NOT MATCH the actual area of effect)
God knows how many Fervent Imps after me
3 or 4 Convokers throwing fireballs at me every second
2 Bloodsworn Fighters WHO KEEP ROOTING ME IN PLACE!!!

Dammit to Hell. What smirking killer-DM designer thought this was acceptable???? Tone this DOWN!
Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
Post edited by hustin1 on

Comments

• cracklepants#2252 cracklepants Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Or, you can do what I do and just run by the whole mess!
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Can't run by all of it. Alric likes to draw aggro every chance he gets.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    I actually like those pack of mobs, it is a fairly nice battle against a swarm of devils, raining hell on us, and it's really fun from my perspective.

Solo playing is not mandatory in any quest of any campaign.
    People who are struggling should maybe try to get one or two buddies on their side (especially on monday when everyone has still the weeklies to do) before asking for nerfing or tone things down .

How many people think the 3 letters MMO are standing for "Massively Soloing Online" ?

My main (rogue) and 2 big alts (fighter and cleric) are all 24k+ and can solo everything in Avernus (though it requires some healing potions and "benny hilling" for my fighter and cleric on the last bastion weekly).
    My other 5 alts (1 of each remaining classes) are around 20k and clearly have hard times in Avernus content if I try to do it solo.
    But in average, on any of my toons, it takes me 45min-1h to do the 175 count as long as i'm questing (including all the weeklies) with 1-2 friends or guildies, chit chating in the process together (which by the way is really much more fun than struggling alone during 1h30-2h with the crappiest toons on my list :P).

Side note : beside the Narzugons and the Nalfeshnee, all the other kind of devils and demons can be controlled (Glabrezu and Barlgura are immune to push and prone effects, but not to daze, stun etc).
    AoE CCs help to not be under pressure all the time.
    Post edited by tchefi#6735 on
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    It really depends on if you chose the right play-style for your class - and if you are geared well. It is not a scaled content, so higher IL items actually help.

Anyway, to the "tone it down" aspect: My dps barbarian has almost maxed up defensive stats and uses Survivor Blessing insignia bonus. I can run all the way to the rescue (after that: doors), wait for the mobs to catch me and wipe them all at once. The total mob pack still has not enough damage output to kill me while I am being controlled. (tbh: it is not a completely total mob pack, as I always unload my encounter powers while running and that cleans some trash)

Now, back to the ground: I guess you are not maxed out, you do not have control immune class, you do not use permanent AoE control - and one way or another your char is somehow not optimal for this mission. That is perfectly ordinary case - but I do not understand why in that case you are expecting the most difficult tier of the game to be easily solo-able.

The Hell Pit event was wrong in this aspect: based on your class you could be screwed. (and the control effects were off scale for solo content) But this is not the case: this is not a solo mission. And most importantly, once you did it, there is no reason to come back... there are easier ways to earn currency in Avernus.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Its a lot of effort for little reward.

It can be tough to solo - agreed - depending on class and item level/stats capped.

I run it Mondays and tend to make a group of 5 so its very little pain and over in a few minutes. It takes maybe five minutes to get a group together? I have also run it as a two person team with a low iL toon and its certainly much easier than solo.

Overall, my opinion, differs from yours OP, but yours is just as valid :)
  • chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    I agree that the devs have decided to use annoying CC effects in order to "challenge" players. I would prefer that the mobs had more health if it meant they wouldn't try to stun or prone me every 3 seconds. I really hate those stupid horses.

For Barbarians I found that slotting Roar really helps. It helps you stay Unstoppable for longer periods of time, meaning that you stay immune to control effects for longer periods of time. Well, except for the Barluga "push" effect. That pierces through even Barbarian Unstoppable, which is extremely irritating.

The first time I did this quest, I thought it was very challenging as well. I died a couple of times before getting to Alric. I was thinking "how can the devs possibly think that this is a soloable quest?" And then I realized I had the wrong augment pet slotted. :) After that it was not too hard, but it is definitely the hardest of the weekly quests in Avernus.

It reminds me a bit of the original Biggrin's Tomb back in Mod 3 when it first came out, that was originally kind of tough and players would group up to finish it.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    I have been insisting to do solo content solo because for me, if I cannot do them solo, it means I fail. Hence, I should figure out how to beat it instead of finding an easy way out. It is a game and it is a challenge. I play 6 characters and the highest item level is 22k. They all get through this quest. The DPS toon do not have problem. Yes, if I am careless, I can get killed. The only 2 characters I have trouble are cleric and Paladin. The main issue is I still don't know how to play them properly since they change everything. Anyway, even these 2 characters got through this quest. I just needed to figure out how to.

For these 2 characters, I key'ed small mob and fight them behind the pillar to eliminate the range attack. Yes, it is a pretty coward way to do so until I figure out a better way.

So far, I solo all solo content since mod 3. I don't mind to help others to do theirs but my own solo quests are done in solo.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    I have pretty much soloed avernus with 4 toons. three started at 20k IL with almost all boons and one warlock that started at 17k IL with just the boon points from undermountain. the three 20k ones had no problems and do not use healing potions except when soloing the minor heroics). the warlock (dps) started out by needing lots of potions just to survive regular content but once I figured out what powers worked best for solo play my healing potion use dropped considerably. (The ranger, cleric and warlock do not have guild boons available to them)

In terms of soloing the minor heroics my DC and warlock can only solo the one by the glyphworks ruins one. (my DC is capable of surviving all of the minor heroics but so far I simply seem to lack the DPS to finish them. My ranger and TR can pretty much solo all but the one where the flock of those chicken thingies are. (for me that unique monster is impossible to solo although I did receive a reward for defeating them once even though I did not.)

Item level for all four toons was increased by about 2.5k from items received form that juma guy which also made avernus even easier as each item that was replaced gave a minimum increase of +1k to power and other stats and provided me with better equip-able powers. (none of what I equipped included a bad trade off for a minor benefit like the rusty boots or that other item)

for the 20k toons the quest line was not that challenging. for my warlock the first two glyphworks started out as very challenging for me and it took me a few tries before I figured what powers worked best and how to do it without having to use any potions. The one requiring the pick was the easiest as all my toons used the same strategy of just ignoring the other monster types there and just doing minor movements to the left or right of the boss to avoid the major damage stuff.

For the last one the only really challenging parts is if you fight the monsters in the courtyard all at once or at the end if you do the same thing while waiting for the door to be unlocked.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    I need to stop posting when I'm angry.

For me the experience varies wildly with class and the luck of the draw in terms of critters. For instance, my Warlocks have the hardest time because they don't have any CC and have to rely extensively on their ability to move around. This is why the Bloodsworn Fighters make my blood boil. By contrast, my Wizard who is expressly built for CC has the easiest time. Even though her DPS is only moderate, she can lock so many enemies down in the ice for such a long time that it more than makes up for it.
    edited March 2020
    I don't know. I have just done that with my 22K Hellbringer warlock. I don't have a wizard and my 5 of my 6 toon do not carry control Encounters. The 6th, a Ranger has a little bit.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    In a way this is ironic. I've been pushing for more opportunities for CC to be relevant in group content, and here we have a situation where it's *very* relevant in solo content. I had no end of problems doing Last Bastion with my Warlock, yet tonight I ran it on one of my weaker wizards and had few problems. She's even using the Drowned weapon set, which has long been obsolete. A little bit of CC goes a long way.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    hustin1 said:

Me too.

About Content
    I am still trying to "wrap my head around" the content plot... or lack of it. Hustin1 you are a respectful author, tell me, why are we even staying in Avernus? What is our motivation? Makos has a portal open next to a bunch of wounded & injured, nope we are suppose to save the castle instead. As usual, I am looking at content over and above game mechanics. If this were a real D&D session, I would be chucking people out of Avernus and straight back to Neverwinter. I wrote about this plot hole some other place (in another thread) but I don't expect Cryptic to ever publish good content and we are lucky when the lore the isn't all messed up. I would really like to know where Vallenhas is or rather was located in relation to Neverwinter, since this is Cryptic's OC, it makes me curious, as they said at the beginning, Vallenhas is quite some distance from Neverwinter.

Game Mechanics
    I know you are discussing the "Last Bastion", however I am actually surprised Vallenhas PvE is this easy for my non BiS characters. I plan to get assistance with the Glyphworks. My characters in solo play, can get the demon with the whip down to about 50% or less, before he cheats me out by healing back up to 100%. Is that suppose to happen? I zip and teleport all about his arena, the fight is long and hard with the my DPS, but in the end, he just heals up. So as I type this up, I am really really really super angry about that. The demons on the surface are tough, but the only one I had any issue doing solo was the one with the artifact. I plan to request some assistance, when I run the other characters through this campaign. For now, I am just going back to mopping up on the older campaigns I skipped for good reasons.

I really don't expect I will ever be up to the challenge (BiS) to be able to even touch upon Last Bastion. Good luck working with the developers, maybe there will be a discussion about it in a future CDP?
    wb-cenders.gif
    To touch the topic "control aspect of a class became too important": Yes, here you are right on the spot. My HR was completely fine even under-geared when fighting control-enabled bosses. He technically has ability to keep a solo enemy permanently dazed/interrupted, and to be even more safe: with a hit and run tactics.

The other thing is the importance to be control immune. Back to the barb: yep, unstoppable is awesome in Avernus.
    (I really could not bring myself to face this map with Hellbringer - powers that disappear on being controlled? On a class that has no resistance against control? On a map of omnipresent control effects? I will pass, ty...)
  • nooneatzanooneatza Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    Flame instilling comment here, apologies in advance:

What happened to the mentality "hm, i can't do this, i'm too weak now, i should look at other content to improve my character before i return here and wreck everything" ?

Why do you have to be able to do everything at every level of power?
    edited March 2020

Game Mechanics
    I know you are discussing the "Last Bastion", however I am actually surprised Vallenhas PvE is this easy for my non BiS characters. I plan to get assistance with the Glyphworks. My characters in solo play, can get the demon with the whip down to about 50% or less, before he cheats me out by healing back up to 100%. Is that suppose to happen? I zip and teleport all about his arena, the fight is long and hard with the my DPS, but in the end, he just heals up. So as I type this up, I am really really really super angry about that. The demons on the surface are tough, but the only one I had any issue doing solo was the one with the artifact. I plan to request some assistance, when I run the other characters through this campaign. For now, I am just going back to mopping up on the older campaigns I skipped for good reasons.

I really don't expect I will ever be up to the challenge (BiS) to be able to even touch upon Last Bastion. Good luck working with the developers, maybe there will be a discussion about it in a future CDP?

I have not seen your boss got recovery situation unless I am out of the area (walk out of the room). I also have not fought super long time. My characters were 20K to 21K when they reached Vallenhas.

For the Glyphworks, for my weaker character, I usually fight the boss until my HP is not looking good. Then, I go behind the device. He won't chase you. If you have a companion, let the companion to fight it. You can wait and drink health potion. When you come out, he usually does the whip. Hence, you should dodge right the way (if you character can dodge).
  • ankhornankhorn Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Avernus is fine on my 26k cleric and my 26k pali.
    It sucks hampsters on all my other toons.

Yesterday I did Bastion quest on an ranger alt and I died over and over and over all the way thu to the bitter end. (seriously like 25 times..to the point where it became my strategy) Oddly the only mob that didn't kill me was the final boss...

...was that fun. Not in the least.

Was it fun on my main toons?
    Yes and challenging and I was glad to have the challenge.

The lesson: Go back to Undermountain if you're not ready.

The other day i saw an 14k IL toon wandering around Avernus and I nearly blew a gasket. How dare he be in the same instance as me lol.
    ~Neverwinter Foooools!!!!
  • benyrbenyr Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    My main issue with Bastion is it's too long winded. The first time I went in every time I thought I was done, turned out to just be an interlude. The whole quest takes forever, isn't very interesting and certainly isn't helped by not being able to use a mount - Id like to see a few short cuts introduced after its been completed the first time.

However in terms of difficulty I'm not really seeing the issue, I've now completed it on all 8 of my characters (one of each class) either 4 or 5 times always on my own with an Augment pet with very few problems. In all of those runs I think i've died 3 maybe 4 times, and on each of those occasions i've done enough damage to finish off the Mob quickly as soon as I return.

For the record I think all of those deaths occurred on my Wizard, who has to go thaum to get the AOE freeze control over such large mobs, but is really squishy when it gets swamped, and my DC cleric who runs into problems if perfect balance doesn't kick in to recharge my Divinity.

The one i really hate doing it on is my Paladin, not because its hard, it never even gets close to being killed, but because it just takes an eternity for me to slowly grind through the Mobs on it.

PS I really like the comment above about the Plot of Avernus, the whole thing feels a bit rushed and ill thought out, with an unsatisfactory ending.
    edited March 2020
    ankhorn said:

Avernus is fine on my 26k cleric and my 26k pali.
    It sucks hampsters on all my other toons.

Yesterday I did Bastion quest on an ranger alt and I died over and over and over all the way thu to the bitter end. (seriously like 25 times..to the point where it became my strategy) Oddly the only mob that didn't kill me was the final boss...

...was that fun. Not in the least.

Was it fun on my main toons?
    Yes and challenging and I was glad to have the challenge.

The lesson: Go back to Undermountain if you're not ready.

The other day i saw an 14k IL toon wandering around Avernus and I nearly blew a gasket. How dare he be in the same instance as me lol.

Ranger probably is one of the easiest one of my 6 toons because of its range attack and the range at-will is AOE. I have a (now 22K, was less than 21k) combat ranger. Yes, combat ranger. Of course, I cannot do toe-to-toe/blow-to-blow in the middle of 20 enemies in the court yard. However, she can do range attack (although she was not tuned to do so). With the pillar (to hide) and health potion (not health stone), she had no problem to clear the initial court yard. The rest was not a problem.

The only one that can do toe-to-toe/blow-to-blow is my 22k Barbarian. Avalanche of Steel and then keep swing the sword, the court yard would be cleared and almost all (if not all) the guards stayed alive.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    rikitaki said:

To touch the topic "control aspect of a class became too important": Yes, here you are right on the spot. My HR was completely fine even under-geared when fighting control-enabled bosses. He technically has ability to keep a solo enemy permanently dazed/interrupted, and to be even more safe: with a hit and run tactics.

The other thing is the importance to be control immune. Back to the barb: yep, unstoppable is awesome in Avernus.
    (I really could not bring myself to face this map with Hellbringer - powers that disappear on being controlled? On a class that has no resistance against control? On a map of omnipresent control effects? I will pass, ty...)

I have to disagree here. Making CC useless is not a solution, it only spreads the misery.

hustin1 said:

Me too.

About Content
    I am still trying to "wrap my head around" the content plot... or lack of it. Hustin1 you are a respectful author, tell me, why are we even staying in Avernus? What is our motivation? Makos has a portal open next to a bunch of wounded & injured, nope we are suppose to save the castle instead. As usual, I am looking at content over and above game mechanics. If this were a real D&D session, I would be chucking people out of Avernus and straight back to Neverwinter. I wrote about this plot hole some other place (in another thread) but I don't expect Cryptic to ever publish good content and we are lucky when the lore the isn't all messed up. I would really like to know where Vallenhas is or rather was located in relation to Neverwinter, since this is Cryptic's OC, it makes me curious, as they said at the beginning, Vallenhas is quite some distance from Neverwinter.

Game Mechanics

You're right about the portal. The only reason I can see for people staying is that they want to save their home. That said, the desire can't be *too* compelling, because at the very start people were loading up their carts and getting out of Dodge when the omen first appeared. It's a giant plot hole. I suppose there are ways to close it: maybe Makos only makes the portal available to us because of our past together, or maybe he hands us an enchanted stone that opens the portal just for us. Something like that should be mentioned somewhere, though.

I've never seen the balor in the forest glyphworks fully heal up. As someone else said, it sounds like the fight reset -- perhaps from going too far away?

Regarding what someone else said, I'm not running Avernus "at all levels of player". All of my alts running it are over 22k and have completed all other campaigns. Two of them scraped by with Drowned weapons and finished it last night, though it wasn't easy. Both of those have R15 bondings (and all other enchantments at R13 or better) to compensate a little. Part of the reason was just for me to see if it could be done, and part of it was because I didn't feel like grinding for more Alabaster. Prior to Mod 16, I had made sure that all of my alts started out with the Drowned set because of the healing bonus. Of 19 alts, 16 have the Drowned set either as their primary weapons or somewhere in their inventory.
  • karvarekarvare Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    If nothing, I wish they would fix the Nazgul fear range. It hits beyond the shown area of effect.
    hustin1 said:

rikitaki said:

I have to disagree here. Making CC useless is not a solution, it only spreads the misery.
    And with what you disagree? I am not aware I suggested something... I only stated my experience. Do I want to nerf the HR? No, it is the only enjoyable paragon now... and it would need a major damage balance of ranged powers if the dynamic style of combat is taken away.
    hustin1 said:

hustin1 said:

Me too.

About Content

Game Mechanics

You're right about the portal. The only reason I can see for people staying is that they want to save their home. That said, the desire can't be *too* compelling, because at the very start people were loading up their carts and getting out of Dodge when the omen first appeared. It's a giant plot hole. I suppose there are ways to close it: maybe Makos only makes the portal available to us because of our past together, or maybe he hands us an enchanted stone that opens the portal just for us. Something like that should be mentioned somewhere, though.
    I can't find the other post at the moment, but I suggested pretty much the same. I said, we should arrive at the stronghold prior to the barrier going up. Instructed the sick and injured to use the portal back to Neverwinter. However the first 5 survivors go through and immediately die upon arrival. Makos would then explain the magics used to bring Vallenhas to Avernus must have the people linked to the the land. Only people can use his portal back are the ones who come here through it. After a skirmish in the courtyard, we send for the wizards of the Arcane Brotherhood to assist us. They show up and start working shifts around the clock to keep the barrier shield up. Just that much would fill a huge plot hole. I guess authors tend to think about stuff like that, while the common player just wants, bang! bang! pew! pew!
    hustin1 said:

I've never seen the balor in the forest glyphworks fully heal up. As someone else said, it sounds like the fight reset -- perhaps from going too far away?

That might be, I will stock my wizard up on health potion and try again today. Otherwise, I have a friend with a ranger to go in on Saturday and Sunday. I agree with @tchefi#6735 that many players forget this game is social gaming. However prior to modules 15 and 16, I had a lot more people to play with and my whale friends are all on call these days. I actually have to call or write them and make an appointment to play. Guilds have seen better days. If my friend is a no show on Saturday, I will do a shout out for a team up.
    hustin1 said:

Regarding what someone else said, I'm not running Avernus "at all levels of player". All of my alts running it are over 22k and have completed all other campaigns. Two of them scraped by with Drowned weapons and finished it last night, though it wasn't easy. Both of those have R15 bondings (and all other enchantments at R13 or better) to compensate a little. Part of the reason was just for me to see if it could be done, and part of it was because I didn't feel like grinding for more Alabaster. Prior to Mod 16, I had made sure that all of my alts started out with the Drowned set because of the healing bonus. Of 19 alts, 16 have the Drowned set either as their primary weapons or somewhere in their inventory.

All of my characters are running about 18.5K, none of my characters have completed A.I. Campaign beyond the first few quests. They could have made A.I. better, but I assume that is what the YouTubers wanted. Out of the 8 characters, some need to finish up SKT, Cloaked Assendancy, and Chult. Been putting them off because of the grind. The feel of the fights in Avernus campaign is very much like the first time I entered Ravenloft and the start up quests kept kicking my butt. Back then, I had people who teamed up with me and we got it done even with the buggy instance maps. Do you remember those? We all had to team up in PE and jump to Barovia just to quest on the same map together. I think I was 12K or 14K back then, I really miss the old game.
    wb-cenders.gif
    rikitaki said:

hustin1 said:

rikitaki said:

And with what you disagree? I am not aware I suggested something... I only stated my experience. Do I want to nerf the HR? No, it is the only enjoyable paragon now... and it would need a major damage balance of ranged powers if the dynamic style of combat is taken away.
    My mistake, I thought you were suggesting that enemies should be CC immune to level the playing field across classes. Reading it again I think you were saying that classes should have some CC immunity instead.

Game Mechanics

I have not seen your boss got recovery situation unless I am out of the area (walk out of the room). I also have not fought super long time. My characters were 20K to 21K when they reached Vallenhas.

For the Glyphworks, for my weaker character, I usually fight the boss until my HP is not looking good. Then, I go behind the device. He won't chase you. If you have a companion, let the companion to fight it. You can wait and drink health potion. When you come out, he usually does the whip. Hence, you should dodge right the way (if you character can dodge).

Your advice worked out well. I used the force choke on him, slammed down icy terrain under him, hit Tab key and launched fireball, and coward behind the device. Mr. Zorg kept him distracted. I poked my head out shot him with the choke hold and repeated it.

After that, I participated in the Epic Ape \o/ win! <3
    wb-cenders.gif
    edited March 2020

Your advice worked out well. I used the force choke on him, slammed down icy terrain under him, hit Tab key and launched fireball, and coward behind the device. Mr. Zorg kept him distracted. I poked my head out shot him with the choke hold and repeated it.

After that, I participated in the Epic Ape \o/ win!

I am glad that worked out well for you.

Just for the heads up, for the 2nd similar quest, this trick will not work because of the bug (I reported that). The boss of the 2nd device quest is the image of Baphomet. If you hide behind the device, Baphomet will jump and land inside the device and could not get out. You cannot hit it including using AOE although it can hit you if you are close. You end up need to logout and login right the way to reset and it will have full health. So, you probably need to bring in someone to help.

For the 3rd device quest, you should not need this trick because the boss is dumb and slow.
    @hustin1 Oh, my sentences surely tend to be a bit cloudy. :)
    Anyway, my pick would be in having an upper hand without brute-forcing your way through. That means some resources to counter enemy abilities. My wish would be either manageable control immunity, or some control ability to overcome your enemy. (dodge does not count, as stamina consumption is too large for that many red areas)
    A tricky design to achieve, and for facing general mobs the balance is pretty much non-existent in Avernus. I mean: it would be ok for a 1on1, but the mobs are usually in groups of about 5.

Really, the situation is a bit silly atm. It became too heavy on waiting moments. You wait for cool-downs to run off, you wait for divinity, you wait for stamina, you stop to refill the rage... If you do not wait, you will be at serious disadvantage - so you wait.
    The disparity between at-will and encounter powers is so significant that you simply will wait. And if the mobs do not die in one rotation? Oh well, you are screwed, time to run around like a headless chicken.

It is a well known fact that devs here do nothing half-heartedly. Players were too powerful - so our abilities got nerfed, while almost every stupid mob got some special attribute to hinder our advance. As a consequence, probably quite the contrary to devs' wishes, the steamroller approach to the game became the only viable option.
    I don't like it, but I am well aware that any dps that is not a total glass-cannon is against the design. We have the holly trinity - so the only two things a dps is supposed to do is to deal damage or die.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

Game Mechanics

After that, I participated in the Epic Ape \o/ win!
    If you have a Xuna you can go make a cup of tea while she kills the end boss in nearly all the Weekly Glyphworks thingies :)
    edited March 2020
    @callumf#9018 I know you are joking, but I have found these "cheaper" companions to be effective; Zhentarim Warlock, Quickling, Honey Badger, Pig, and my Renegade Evoker seen above. I own them at rank 40, the majority seem to be invoker class. I hope they won't touch them, but this is Cryptic, they don't seem to be actively fixing minor bugs, or repairing the companions they broke almost 1 year ago. Xuna can get in over her head. While my Xuna can do bloodbath every 18 secs (about 3 times per minute), this move agrros ALL nearby mobs to attack as well. As thick as the mobs are in Avernus, I wouldn't want to be waiting 18 seconds for Xuna, if she is on cool down.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    Bastion has way too little mobs in it...
    I just pull them all and do my thing :)
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer