test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"Invite to seige." "Invite to ape."

Come on people. You do not need to be in a group to get points for completing a HE.

PS: can I mute zone chat that contains certain words (e.g., seige or ape)?

Comments

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The reason to ask for invitations is to make getting into the instance faster and easier People don't need to stay in party after. I assume it is the same on PC or Console. It is easier and more accurate to move to a party member's instance than to quickly find it by number. It also bypasses the soft cap on instance population.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    0. That has NOTHING to do with participating a HE.
    1. Player cannot get into the instance when there are already 20 (but has not reached the max) but they can still get in if a party member is in the siege instance.
    2. Player cannot get into the instance when he is still in his 2 minutes timeout. But, if the party leader is in siege instance, he can go to another zone (such as PE) and then go back. He will be in the instance right the way AND before the instance is filled up by other players.
    3. Most people would release themselves from the party right the way when he reaches the siege instance so that the party leader and/or himself could invite others.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    - those people in the Well of Dragons who want an invite twenty minutes before a df...
  • Options
    caelia#3631 caelia Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    I've literally seen people ask for invite and there is only 1 instance ... I reply telling them "you are already here" lol. This happened yesterday on Chult omu map everyone wants invite to tyrant but there is only 1 instance, I do also let them know how to spawn the tyrant but it goes in one ear and out the other.
  • Options
    sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    INV TO SIEGE ya i do it too just so i can get to the instance where its at an bypass the softcap for population..... once there i always leave the grp... so it aint about needin to be in a group to do the he... its about gettin to the he from whereever you are at in the new area that is.... all them other zones... lol cant say the same there lmao
  • Options
    caelia#3631 caelia Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    I have a question about this not sure if anyone here knows the answer, but here goes, people ask to get invited to siege so you invite to group and they are already in group: Doesnt make sense to me, anyone know why?

Another thing is they sent you an invite to join group and you accept and there is already people in the group and none of them come jump over to your instance to help, again this is confusing to me. The only thing i can think of is; they get credit for the HE even if they are not there cause I'm added to the group?

If they dont jump over i just leave that group and invite others that will lol ... js its an odd thing to me.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited March 2020

I have a question about this not sure if anyone here knows the answer, but here goes, people ask to get invited to siege so you invite to group and they are already in group: Doesnt make sense to me, anyone know why?

They forgot they were in a group already.

Another thing is they sent you an invite to join group and you accept and there is already people in the group and none of them come jump over to your instance to help, again this is confusing to me. The only thing i can think of is; they get credit for the HE even if they are not there cause I'm added to the group?

If they dont jump over i just leave that group and invite others that will lol ... js its an odd thing to me.

They expect you to go to their instance. They invited you, you go to the invitation. They probably were all thinking why you were not going to their instance.

There were probably many siege instances and everyone were inviting people to their own instance. Sometime, people either clicked the wrong name or confused who is asking for invitation and who is inviting.

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***