test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Xbox] Infernal Descent Launch Week Bugs

Comments

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    rusted greaves appear to be broken. i don't know if the damage increase is working but I have 30% incoming healing without them on. with them on it's only 5% that isn't a 25% decrease... it seems like the decrease should be 25% of what you have not of a number that is impossible to even reach. I think the most you can possibly have as a dps is like 40ish percent.

Post edited by thefiresidecat on
  • ennileahennileah Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    > @skingdev#1102 said:
    > (Quote)
    > Hey everyone,
    >
    > Sorry for the delay on responding here. We are currently tracking a few crashes. QA is verifying a couple fixes, and waiting on fixes for a few more. Once we have all these in and tested we will be patching as soon as we can. If you are experiencing any of these crashes, please hang it there for us.
    >
    > Patches coming
    >
    > - SKing

Thanks for the update! Very much appreciated
  • daddymike68daddymike68 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    > @ennileah said:
    > (Quote)
    > Yep, still the crashes and force closing of the game are happening. Today for me has been while inviting people to groups. 2 crashes of the game happened while inviting for me earlier, and 3 of my group were booted while again I was inviting another. Can we please have some response on these issues now. It is still widespread amongst the console players on both platforms and not improving at all. Going into this weekend, usually with a higher player base, I fear it is only going to worsen.

I have also experienced a further 2 crashes when inviting people to instances and another crash using travel map, within 2 hours.
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User

rusted greaves appear to be broken. i don't know if the damage increase is working but I have 30% incoming healing without them on. with them on it's only 5% that isn't a 25% decrease... it seems like the decrease should be 25% of what you have not of a number that is impossible to even reach. I think the most you can possibly have as a dps is like 40ish percent.

I have to look at my pally and see what he has without them on, but with them he is at -8.7% incoming healing.

I have noticed that some of the % bonuses work wierd(or is it weird?). Some are a % of base, great how do I figure my base? Others stack, others don't. Some seem to not work at all. Some bonuses are so small that I don't know if its worth it, especially if they don't stack when I would expect the to. Example, I have bulwarks defense(I think thats what its called) with a ring, and with another piece of gear. I also have a defense bonus from my bark hide armor, and another different defense bonus from hells heel crackers. I expect that all those stack in certain situations, as one is a def against ranged attacks. I would expect a total of 12% defense bonus from ranged attacks(all of them are like 3% IIRC). But without ACT on xbox I can't verify that that is truly the case. Same goes for the 5% damage bonus from the rusted greaves, + 3% from I can't remember what now, +% the bonuses from my ability scores(still don't understand why a heavy tank with a sword, or a mace is magical damage and not physical, but whatever).

Some bonuses are bugged in some areas, I have 3x glad guile on my pally, and in Avernus, and most other areas I'm moving as fast as expected(including the mounted movement speed bonus of 140% for legendary movement). However when he goes to well of dragons he is slower, even when on the mount.

I would really like to see any bonus that is currently being applied in the buff bar when it is working. Right now it seems that either some bonuses don't work at all, or they are not listed in the buff bar(like undermountain hunter is). And I don't care if that makes my buff bar reach all the way across the screen, I wanna see what is or is not working. It will help me to balance out the toon better and get rid of stuff that I don't need or use.

New mod 18

Day 1 - Delayed release. 3 crashes in 2 hours. Game closes, kicked to dashboard.

Day 2 - 4 crashes within 2 hrs.

Crashes are happening when playing content, switching instances or starting epic dungeons and trials. In one queue group we lost 4 out of 10.

We need comment from devs and issue resolved. This is game breaking. Being ignored is worse.

With Avernus having 20 people max per instance and over 50 instances on release night, I'm not terribly surprised in the crashes. It's just too bad the the devs can't get things figured out so it can handle nearly 1000 people in one map at the same time, or even 1000+ in game simultaneously...

The bug is you get respecced multiple times or at least twice on the _same_ loadout.

I would call this very nearly game breaking. Anyone that uses loadouts is gonna be affected. I already have to spend an hour respeccing my pally due to the extra boons bug. I thought I'd only have to do the boons, but nope logged in and I have to redo all of it. Total rubbish. If I have to do this everytime I change my load out, I wont be playing until its fixed, there is no reason that this should have been broken with a new mod.

Don't redo your entire loadout, just check if it sticks.

Logging out and in like poisd2strike suggested might also be able to (hopefully) permanently fix it.
    So far(knock wood, uh huh huh he said wood) I haven't had to respec any of my toons when changing load outs.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

I have to look at my pally and see what he has without them on, but with them he is at -8.7% incoming healing.

I have noticed that some of the % bonuses work wierd(or is it weird?). Some are a % of base, great how do I figure my base? Others stack, others don't. Some seem to not work at all. Some bonuses are so small that I don't know if its worth it, especially if they don't stack when I would expect the to. Example, I have bulwarks defense(I think thats what its called) with a ring, and with another piece of gear. I also have a defense bonus from my bark hide armor, and another different defense bonus from hells heel crackers. I expect that all those stack in certain situations, as one is a def against ranged attacks. I would expect a total of 12% defense bonus from ranged attacks(all of them are like 3% IIRC). But without ACT on xbox I can't verify that that is truly the case. Same goes for the 5% damage bonus from the rusted greaves, + 3% from I can't remember what now, +% the bonuses from my ability scores(still don't understand why a heavy tank with a sword, or a mace is magical damage and not physical, but whatever).

Some bonuses are bugged in some areas, I have 3x glad guile on my pally, and in Avernus, and most other areas I'm moving as fast as expected(including the mounted movement speed bonus of 140% for legendary movement). However when he goes to well of dragons he is slower, even when on the mount.

I would really like to see any bonus that is currently being applied in the buff bar when it is working. Right now it seems that either some bonuses don't work at all, or they are not listed in the buff bar(like undermountain hunter is). And I don't care if that makes my buff bar reach all the way across the screen, I wanna see what is or is not working. It will help me to balance out the toon better and get rid of stuff that I don't need or use.

truth. the boots seem really out of proportion for punishment vs reward atm. and it is indeed hard to find how things are actually performing on console. some kind of act like log showing what was present and what wasn't would be really nice for us. we just don't have the information we need to make good choices. relying on pc I think, only goes so far because things aren't always identical.
  • evil604#4491 evil604 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    while running a Lomm on my tank i noticed i lost 20k hp from when i'am standing solo. I should have gained 10k Hp from vip bonuses and if i did get the vip bonuses then i lost 30k hp. Note that i do have 3 tales of old artifacts and the set bonus changing may contribute to the loss or be where all the loss is coming from.
  • currentdragoon#9312 currentdragoon Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Can you also fix the game lag as well ... experiencing that in the dungeons in addition to the crashes as well across all zones including ME's
  • sak#3663 sak Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    I keep falling through the roof when trying to access the Juma Vendor for Chaotic Writings and get stuck under the roof. Someone else was stuck there too while I was there. I tried several instances. I am sure I am in the right place. I have a video of it, but I don't have a hosting site to put the link in. I could not find this reported before. Sorry if it has been.
  • Hi, I have played Neverwinter on Xbox since 2016 nearly every day. I have not had the sound-stuttering (It's quite loud on a headset) FULL CRASH problem since they SUPPOSEDLY created mod 16 to
    'address stability issues' as they said that "multi-proccing" created lag.... Now that Mod 18 is here we have this crashing in full effect. The last time this game crashed this many times was when the Maze Engine mod released. That and Chult. The game is on such a severe crash frequency that it is impossible, I repeat, IMPOSSIBLE to complete a queue - Or a Master Expedition - Or invite players to group up for Siege Engine heroic. Every time grouping occurs - whether creating or breaking the group - The whole game crashes.. As for the lag? The lag is atrocious. The lag has not been this bad since the first release of Master Svardborg.

No one wants to play a game this broken. Please address these issues soon. Everyone in the game is getting very frustrated - I have seen it in the chats.
  • jessicas#7003 jessicas Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Juma bug..fall through the roof , cant get out and have to" defeat "myself. Please help.ive noticed a few others have the same problem.ive tried everything.
  • bumhug#4005 bumhug Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    Juma isn´t on the roof any more because of clipping problems. He is next to the main Building on the ground.
  • jessicas#7003 jessicas Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Thank you..I will go look for him.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

It's -25% in an additive sense so 30 - 25 = 5. It's working exactly as it's been stated since day 1.

Just shudder at what you would have if they had been left at -50%.
  • smurftang#4475 smurftang Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    The mission "restore the devil's hold glyphworks" is bugged the pick doesn't highlight so cannot pick it up.
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    The pick will depend on which version of the quest you are on. The initial quest the pick is back behind the area where the HE is, and repeatable weekly version it is in the building next to where the HE is. So if you are trying to pick up the wrong pick it wont highlight for you.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    edited March 2020

The mission "restore the devil's hold glyphworks" is bugged the pick doesn't highlight so cannot pick it up.

As mentioned, the initial pick is not in the "obvious" room in the building next to HE. It is behind the wall and on the edge of the cliff. There may be 3 steps between the wall and the cliff.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    Minor Bug:

Oathkeeper Paladin when Channeling Divinity while having the Guarded Prayers feat slotted causes you to take dozens of 0 dmg hits that register as:

[your] Block deals 0 Damage to you.

Have extensively tested and under no circumstances does it ever deal actual damage so definitely not a priority.
  • mrsbloodred#6192 mrsbloodred Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    Hot fixes!
  • chnops68chnops68 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    Game crashes when in Vallanhas during Siege Event when in a Group and ONLY when in a group. Loud hissing noise then crash to XBOX home screen.
    @nitocris83 @skingdev#1102 Any chance of an update for when our crashes will be fixed? When are we due to recieve the patch that PS4 had this week please??
  • skingdev#1102 skingdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 77 Cryptic Developer
    Hey ennileah,

Thanks for spreading the message. Yeah, we had our first waive of crash fixes come to the PS4 Tuesday. With more coming.

As far as Xbox goes, I have good news and bad.
    - Bad new first, we didn't get all the fixes we needed to get a patch Tuesday/Thrusday.
    - Good news, we have diagnosed the largest offender in regards to the crashes on Xbox. We should have a fix soon and will get it into cert as soon as we can.

Sorry it isn't quite fixed yet, but there is light at the end of a very short tunnel,

- SKing
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    As @skingdev#1102 mentioned, we have identified the biggest crash issues (though we continue to investigate other reports) and are hoping to have a fix out soon.
    @nitocris83 @skingdev#1102 thanks for the update!! Will make sure our community are aware!
  • masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    So.....Soul Sparks are REAAAALY important. Why did you guys ship mod 18 knowing they were broken? And why is it taking so long to fix them?
  • masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    In case they are still monitoring this thread and it hasn't been reported a bunch of times....

Infernal Shirt only gives 0.1% AP. Still broken on PC as well
  • abn173d2003#3683 abn173d2003 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    my question is when will the game crashing get fixed? it is so very annoying
    @skingdev#1102 Sorry to tag you again, but the community really could do with an update on the Console crashes, both platforms. With the lack of communication on Maintenance not happening today (thanks to Azureus on Discord for that update), the frustration is rising very quickly amongst players and many are now falling to other games while these issues are addressed.

Could we please have another update on progress of the potential fixes, their current status and when Xbox especially should hope to receive a patch for the first fix you have already applied to PS4?

Thank you again!
  • mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    I used to avoid the stronghold map like the plague ever since mod 12. Every time I would travel to stronghold it would crash within minutes if not immediately.

As to why they reskined a bugged map for avernis, who knows....

Honestly can't wait till next mod so I can never go back to either again.