test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Spit to the face

rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1254594/ps4-xbox-one-codg-temporarily-disabled

Really? And you are still not willing to at least withdraw it from the RQ for PC? You know,.... well, you should know - as we were complaining since the m18 launch... We, on PC suffer the same issue.

Comments

• callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

Just look away in the corner when mobs spawn. After 3 sec it is ok to turn and look at mobs.
    No idea why this work but works 100%.

Yep worked for me a couple of times.

Neverwinter and some graphics cards don't mix very well. Quite often in Mass Event things - Ape/DR/Siege etc my framerate drops to about 2 per second or freezes.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    micky1p00 said:

Looks like we on PC are the soulless redheaded step children of NW :D:D

We just the oldest child, like: With the younger children, you get to start anew, can try better, the oldest is already how it is... Why did the kid turn out like that? Hell, I don't know, the younger kids turned out alright, it can't be on me!
    PC = Advanced elk-test.
    - bye bye -
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Hey folks, the issue on PS4 and Xbox appears to be of a different origin and has 100% repro rate. We escalated the PC issues on COGD that occur on the elevator but the team is not yet able to reproduce it internally. They are still going over the reports and investigating, though.
  • nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Since mod18 released, I have ran over 60+ CODGs (PC) never did it crashed on me and other players, via randoms and private queue. Our Alliance ran a lot of CODGs at the last 2xRS (over 20+ runs), don’t recall any crashes or heavy lagging. Occasionally there might be one or two people complaining about massive lag at the elevator or disconnect. I still see a lot of CODGs calls/requests in PC channels.
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    @nitocris83 Could it be that you cannot reproduce it internally because a fix was generated internally by fixing something else and not released to the live servers? Something along the lines that happened with Alpha Compy's companion power for all those months.
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    the issue does not happen on live all the time either. for me it only seems to happen every second run and only on the first two mob spawns (not the later spawns of the same type).

when those 2 groups spawn frame rate goes to 0 and i cant do anything until pretty much all of them are dead. rest of the trial is completely normal.

• hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User

Hey folks, the issue on PS4 and Xbox appears to be of a different origin and has 100% repro rate. We escalated the PC issues on COGD that occur on the elevator but the team is not yet able to reproduce it internally. They are still going over the reports and investigating, though.

Tell me how it's possible not reproduce internaly? all is need get group, get in CoDG, wait for monsters/enemies spawn. That's it.
    Thats all it takes.

IF it's so hard to do so internaly, then why you not jump to your live accounts too, get in random CoDG group and you will see problem by yourself. If need ask other staff members participate/watch how your chracters got lagged.

@akemnos so far for me, 100% all time lag out. And mostly at first 3 waves of adds, when fight the boss(atropal) I have no lag issues.
    And I can assure, my internet connection is strong and stable enough to handle any mmorpg games up to day. So this is due error/glitch in game code.

========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    That fact that this isn't happening to everyone means that something (likely video card related) on your end (or those who have this issue) that is contributing to the problem. Which could be why they cannot reproduce internally. Not saying that you have something wrong with your machine, just that whatever combination of stuff is causing the issue, if that makes sense.
  • fluffy6977fluffy6977 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    At least loading into any dungeon/skirmish/trial doesnt crash the game for yall every time lol.

What a HAMSTER mess.

Could easily be the same issue with console - we all use the same graphics cards after all, 100% failure rate is easily explained.
  • emese#4731 emese Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    it doesn't happen every time. Sometimes it is a very mild freeze at the first 2 mob phase, sometimes it is sever one and last unill the jelly cube. Finally yesterday it was a total crash. I would say in about 3-4 runs out of 10 my game freezes or goes in slow motion in elevator phase. It started only after mod 18. Before this never happened.
  • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    I don't have the issues. I do have some in my guild when we run it usually weekly that say they can't do anything when the spawns happen that are straight fights without any of the mechanics. Some have disconnected in the fight. This might be a hardware issue from what I can see. Some of these players are on older machines. It is always the same players who have the issue.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

Just look away in the corner when mobs spawn. After 3 sec it is ok to turn and look at mobs.
    No idea why this work but works 100%.

Sounds like the issue might be with the yuan-ti's stun mechanic.
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

That fact that this isn't happening to everyone means that something (likely video card related) on your end (or those who have this issue) that is contributing to the problem. Which could be why they cannot reproduce internally. Not saying that you have something wrong with your machine, just that whatever combination of stuff is causing the issue, if that makes sense.

Well, that something is apparently present on all x-boxes and playstations - and my computer. =) So, it is most probably the general x86 architecture (without regards of AMD/Intel tweaks) that is in the wrong - I have a different processor, OS and videocard... technically if I have a common fragment of hardware, it has at least drivers from different family. And I have the same issue, 100% repeatable. ...yeah, definitely the x86 architecture in the wrong!
    ... nope, I do not believe it - my bet would still fall onto the game, especially as it was introduced by mod18. But OK, they now have internally two machines with 100% repeatability, so they finally can do some tests.
    I just hope that if there ever is a fix, they would send it to PC as well, because it seems they think PC does not have the issue - but in my experience: it walks like a duck, it talks like a duck... is it really not a duck?

• cracklepants#2252 cracklepants Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    I can tell you it does appear to be the graphics card. I am on a system with the standard HD graphics card and it crashes 100% of the time on the elevator. looking into the corner can help, but I have only gotten to the cubes before the crash. I know a good number of our alliance also have this issue, and we all traced it to the video cards. I have had it crash my entire system 2 or 3 times, where I had to do a hard reboot to get the card back online.