test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Xbox] Infernal Descent Launch Week Bugs

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
This thread is to report bugs related to the new content or that began with the release of Infernal Descent. Please do not report previously discovered bugs (either on live or on preview) or general feedback. All unrelated comments will be moved so that the team can better focus on the new issues on Xbox One.

NOTE: If you post an issue on this thread, please be assured that it is being read. Time will be spent reviewing issues and escalating them as efficiently as possible. We are not able to respond or give detailed updates to each individual post but all feedback and reports are being received.

Comments

• d4l#7469 d4l Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    New Vambrace in the new Neverwinter mod. States after 5 charges if you get hit you will deal 5% more damaged for 10 seconds. But if you have Barkshield on even if you get hit it won’t proc. It only procs when you take damage. Barkshield prevents damage but you still get hit.
  • nativerock9015#2463 nativerock9015 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    When changing loadouts you have to reset all feats, boons etc. Not a game breaker just annoying especially for clerics.

Also an issue with codg, whilst in the elevator the graphics go really weird and you can't see a darn thing.
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    > @nativerock9015#2463 said:
    > When changing loadouts you have to reset all feats, boons etc. Not a game breaker just annoying especially for clerics.
    >
    >
    >
    >

I would call this very nearly game breaking. Anyone that uses loadouts is gonna be affected. I already have to spend an hour respeccing my pally due to the extra boons bug. I thought I'd only have to do the boons, but nope logged in and I have to redo all of it. Total rubbish. If I have to do this everytime I change my load out, I wont be playing until its fixed, there is no reason that this should have been broken with a new mod.
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    Huge issue I just discovered, I had 10 enchanted keys for lockboxes waiting to be used that I did not use on thursday night(2-20-2020) and they are now gone. I have submitted a ticket, but wow guys, first I have to respec my character because of a mistake the devs made, and now I've lost lockbox keys that I know I was saving specifically for the new lock box? Thanks, I now know I won't be renewing VIP, or spending anymore real coins on this game until this issue is fixed.
  • bratleyraybratleyray Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Some of my characters still have the 70 boon points and weren't forced to respec.

[The Legendary Outlaws] (Guildhall 20)

• fluffy6977fluffy6977 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    Every single time I load into a queued instance the game crashes to home at least once, worst case was 3 times within 5 minutes.

It's great that you added a button to hold down so we don't have to type "discard" anymore. Unfortunately you chose the same button as is used to enter text, so I cannot discard stacks of items that are protected (it opens the Xbox keyboard instead) and is an absurd oversight by QA. Maybe check functionality on stacks in the future..
  • jagermeistertxjagermeistertx Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    XBOX One Achievement for killing all the rare fiends did not unlock despite the in game achievement popping up on screen.
  • riddler81#1437 riddler81 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Limited Time: 25% off Any Profession Pack coupon from Invoking does not work. "Open Zen Market" from coupon opens the 'Supplies' store front. Discount is not applied there or in 'Professions' tab.
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    I'm not sure if this qualifies as a "bug" or just an annoying "feature" that could use a workaround.

Running the quest:
    "Restore The Broken Wood Glyphs"
    Got the ten widgets, found the trap door, went down the tunnels, killed the big bad, fiddled with the thingy, fled the tunnels and have the quest tree line.

"Use The Glyph To Travel to The Keep"

Took my eye off the ball for a minute to answer the door, and returned to find my alt Cleric character dead in a heap.
    Clicked to respawn and respawned... in The Keep.

Now I have to go all the way back to the bloody Glyph in order to return to the Keep to complete the quest.

Now that's just annoying.
    Alaric Vallenhas shows a quest available when he has no quest available. It's not lag, nor can I complete a campaign task unlocking the next quest line, which was my issue yesterday on another toon.

• d3monicekoolaidd3monicekoolaid Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Game has crashed on me while loading into various dungeons/trials. While in epic queue I was thrown into lair of the mad mage with only 1 other player, started us at first boss instead of the beginning
  • nativerock9015#2463 nativerock9015 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    Game constantly crashing in all dungeons. Just crashed 3times in Merchant Prince Folly same happed in lair of lostmouth, Demogorgon and spell plague dungeon . This is not getting disconnected it's an actual game crash where screen freezes then that horrid winning noise.
  • littledanger#4115 littledanger Member Posts: 71 Arc User

Game constantly crashing in all dungeons. Just crashed 3times in Merchant Prince Folly same happed in lair of lostmouth, Demogorgon and spell plague dungeon . This is not getting disconnected it's an actual game crash where screen freezes then that horrid winning noise.

Same, crashed in KR. Game appears to be laggy in all zones and instances too as well.
  • ennileahennileah Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    > Game constantly crashing in all dungeons. Just crashed 3times in Merchant Prince Folly same happed in lair of lostmouth, Demogorgon and spell plague dungeon . This is not getting disconnected it's an actual game crash where screen freezes then that horrid winning noise.

Crashed on me 3 times tonight just the same, freezes with that awful noise, then force closes to Home screen, once at the end of Demo Trial before I got the rewards and twice while travelling between PVE areas.
  • poisd2strike#7598 poisd2strike Member Posts: 77 Arc User

> When changing loadouts you have to reset all feats, boons etc. Not a game breaker just annoying especially for clerics.

>

>

>

>

I would call this very nearly game breaking. Anyone that uses loadouts is gonna be affected. I already have to spend an hour respeccing my pally due to the extra boons bug. I thought I'd only have to do the boons, but nope logged in and I have to redo all of it. Total rubbish. If I have to do this everytime I change my load out, I wont be playing until its fixed, there is no reason that this should have been broken with a new mod.

I had the same issue and was able to resolve it by respecing main loadout, switching to secondary loadout and respecing that. Then, I stayed on the secondary loadout and logged out of NW. I did NOT switch back to the main. When I logged back in, I was able to switch loadouts without having to respec each time.
  • poisd2strike#7598 poisd2strike Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    ennileah said:

> Game constantly crashing in all dungeons. Just crashed 3times in Merchant Prince Folly same happed in lair of lostmouth, Demogorgon and spell plague dungeon . This is not getting disconnected it's an actual game crash where screen freezes then that horrid winning noise.

Crashed on me 3 times tonight just the same, freezes with that awful noise, then force closes to Home screen, once at the end of Demo Trial before I got the rewards and twice while travelling between PVE areas.

I experienced the same issue 2 times the day Mod 18 launched on Xbox. One time I was in Stardock as group leader gathering people to do a WE. The 2nd time I was in the new Zone doing the Ape HE. I also noticed that when I travel to the Yawning Portal, the music takes a few seconds to start playing. For those few seconds, there is no sound.
    Using health stones while in zone doesnt always apply the heal but removes stacks. This doesnt happen all the time, but several group members have died all claiming the same thing.

• purpledragon#1383 purpledragon Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I was grouped up with my son leveling new characters. Going into one of the barrows in Ebon Downs we circled up and he crashed, Wasn't able to get back in.

Also after I got a group of 5 together for a ME run we circled up and I crashed out of the game.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    when being a good samaritan and inviting people to hes I get flatlined back to dash board. is happening regularly. I literally just Dashboarded inviting people to one he. came back in and was at another he and everyone had left the group I currently had attached to me so I started a new he and got booted from that too. lol I'm not getting dash boarded at any other time. (edit: after reading above I do need to note I haven't actually done anything other than campaign and avernus stuff since launch) this only happens when i'm inviting people and then kicking ppl to invite more people to he. third time it happened again exactly like the first and I said meh. you can't fool me again lucy.
    @nitocris83 can we please get some sort of response on the Major Freezes & crashes today???
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Started the new mod and 10 minutes in I realized there was a huge bug. Fun seems to be missing!

Can someone look into this? Hot patch some fun back in somehow?

All kidding aside, sorta, you really should have done a better job communicating that toons would get respecced at login.

I knew...but I spend too much on the forums. Many people that don't visit forums often, or ever, were very angry that their builds, on multiple toons and loadouts, were now reset (again) and said adios to the game because they're tired of getting the stick instead of the carrot.

To the devs, this isn't a bug. To players that got caught unaware, this came across as a huge bug and an even larger surprise when I informed them "no no, this was a decision made on purpose".
  • aerhythia#3255 aerhythia Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    The bug is you get respecced multiple times or at least twice on the _same_ loadout.

Don't redo your entire loadout, just check if it sticks.

Logging out and in like poisd2strike suggested might also be able to (hopefully) permanently fix it.
  • Evening Devs, is almost impossible to get into a random dungeon queue, it’s just boots you offline.

Also, upping the amount of people in a instance to 50 has really slowed down the servers.
    > @ennileah said:
    > @nitocris83 can we please get some sort of response on the Major Freezes & crashes today???

5 Crashes in 1 hour is getting very annoying now!!
  • brainstew#8099 brainstew Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Hi @ll,

having a strange problem here on my Xbox:

some destinations for the fast journey just disappeared from the list. I´m missing actually the undermountain such as Icewind Dale and Mentol Derith. I can still see the tasks in the campaign menu, but cannot travel to this destinations.
    Just reinstalled the game, and resynced the Profile by logging in onto a diffrent Xbox and then to my xbox again, but it changes nothing.
    Same happens on my GF´s Xbox, but the last time she was playing, she stopped playing at the yawning portal, so she is actually still able do the master expiditions and the stardock. Not shure what happens, if she is porting to any other place an wants to go back then. I dont´t dare to try it B)

I´m not quite sure wether it is due to the Neverwinter update or caused by the Xbox update, that was installed at the same day...

Are there any suggestions for this problem?

Sleep well & Greetings from Germany....

Edit:

Just noticed that Chult has also disappeared from the target list .....
    > @brainstew#8099 said:
    > Hi @ll,
    >
    > having a strange problem here on my Xbox:
    >
    > some destinations for the fast journey just disappeared from the list. I´m missing actually the undermountain such as Icewind Dale and Mentol Derith. I can still see the tasks in the campaign menu, but cannot travel to this destinations.
    > Just reinstalled the game, and resynced the Profile by logging in onto a diffrent Xbox and then to my xbox again, but it changes nothing.
    > Same happens on my GF´s Xbox, but the last time she was playing, she stopped playing at the yawning portal, so she is actually still able do the master expiditions and the stardock. Not shure what happens, if she is porting to any other place an wants to go back then. I dont´t dare to try it B)
    >
    > I´m not quite sure wether it is due to the Neverwinter update or caused by the Xbox update, that was installed at the same day...
    >
    > Are there any suggestions for this problem?
    >
    > Sleep well & Greetings from Germany....
    >
    > Edit:
    >
    > Just noticed that Chult has also disappeared from the target list .....

Try using your triggers in the map. The map ui has been updated and the map has pages now.

• brainstew#8099 brainstew Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    > Try using your triggers in the map. The map ui has been updated and the map has pages now.

umpf...embarrassing...Thx.

I didn't see them at all. Sorry for the Post... :s
  • daddymike68daddymike68 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    New mod 18
    Day 1 - Delayed release. 3 crashes in 2 hours. Game closes, kicked to dashboard.
    Day 2 - 4 crashes within 2 hrs.
    Crashes are happening when playing content, switching instances or starting epic dungeons and trials. In one queue group we lost 4 out of 10.
    We need comment from devs and issue resolved. This is game breaking. Being ignored is worse.

New mod 18

Day 1 - Delayed release. 3 crashes in 2 hours. Game closes, kicked to dashboard.

Day 2 - 4 crashes within 2 hrs.

Crashes are happening when playing content, switching instances or starting epic dungeons and trials. In one queue group we lost 4 out of 10.

We need comment from devs and issue resolved. This is game breaking. Being ignored is worse.

Yep, still the crashes and force closing of the game are happening. Today for me has been while inviting people to groups. 2 crashes of the game happened while inviting for me earlier, and 3 of my group were booted while again I was inviting another. Can we please have some response on these issues now. It is still widespread amongst the console players on both platforms and not improving at all. Going into this weekend, usually with a higher player base, I fear it is only going to worsen.
  • skingdev#1102 skingdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 77 Cryptic Developer
    ennileah said:

> @ennileah said:

> @nitocris83 can we please get some sort of response on the Major Freezes & crashes today???

5 Crashes in 1 hour is getting very annoying now!!

Hey everyone,

Sorry for the delay on responding here. We are currently tracking a few crashes. QA is verifying a couple fixes, and waiting on fixes for a few more. Once we have all these in and tested we will be patching as soon as we can. If you are experiencing any of these crashes, please hang it there for us.

Patches coming

- SKing