test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rubberbanding in Avernus

hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
This was going on last night, but it's really bad now. Is anyone else experiencing this? There are no big HEs going on in my instance at the moment.
Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured

Comments

• pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 479 Arc User
    For me instance number 3 is a seriously F*ed up instance . Every time I get put there ( no matter which toon I use )the LAG is unplayable ,
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    Not much we can do about it. Back when we had the internet Gateway........... why do I do this to myself? Back then, when the lag was high, we could surf to the webpage and do our professions, buy and sell in the auction house, and even play a stupid mini dungeon with dice. They said the mini game was being "botted", so they pulled the whole thing down instead of removing the mini game.

Now when this occurs, and the game is unplayable, I pop on each character just to invoke and leave. I am not blaming them for the lag, but it seems to be only this game and not other online games. If you want to pass the time, you can read the article I compiled on the official Neverwinter wiki "Lag, Network, and Server Issues".
    wb-cenders.gif
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    Yep, instance #3 is really hosed. The only thing to do if you wind up there is switch instances. It's unplayable.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    I was in #3 last night. It was playable but .... the players there were not. Doing siege over there and people kept running to the catapult to 'escape' from monster. After trying for 5 minutes to fire (no single shot was fired from any catapult in that siege), I gave up and left the instance.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Instance 3 was laggy today for me too. The only instance that was, so that instance needs to crash and repopulate.
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    Instance 3 was really bad for me too yesterday evening.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • newnickunregisterednewnickunregistered Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    I have lag in all instances and the laggiest of all is Bulwark quest instance, about twice as laggy as the map of Avernus...
    May be the time makes the difference. I was in game between 7pm to 12am Eastern time last night. I had no lag issue in Avernus or Bulwark. I send 2 toon to complete Bulwark, their zone weekly, a few siege and apes.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • darkomen#5022 darkomen Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Only problem I have ever had was in instance 3.
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    So I just experienced this today with instance 3. Start by saying that i have seen "normal" lag in Avernus when the Population is high, this is not that. I zoned into Avernus and immediately noticed the lag. Just running up to grab quests from Alric I was rubberbanding quite badly. I checked map instance, having read this post beforehand, and sure enough I was in instance 3. I completely logged out and resigned in (game completely shutdown and restarted), and was still in instance 3, with the lag. I waited for 2 minutes to go by so that I could change instances. Changed to instance 13, no lag there whatsoever. Something funky is going on with that particular instance.
  • blackmagidblackmagid Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Avernus instance #11 right now is bad for me with rubber banding. Trying to interact with NPC's took way longer than usual. Was on Warlock if that makes any difference at all - connecting from EU.

BlackMagi
    I am not rubber banding as much as stalling.

I don't know what else to call it. But when I enter any zone, I hold "W" to move forward and my character takes four to five steps and stops dead in their tracks. I have to release the key and hold it again or I have to use my run key. I checked my keyboard settings and repeat is working normal for me in all applications. The "stall" for lack of a better term, happens when I first take off in a new zone, maybe once or twice, then doesn't seem to occur as long as I am in the same zone.

Sound like anything, anyone else has seen on theirs?
    wb-cenders.gif
  • eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    I was getting crazy rubber banding in the workshop last night. How do you tell what instance your in? And switch to another?
    I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
    edited March 2020

I was getting crazy rubber banding in the workshop last night. How do you tell what instance your in? And switch to another?

Bring up map ('M'). Move cursor to 'Change instance ...' button. That tells you your instance number.
    Click 'Change instance" button to change instance. You cannot change instance until you are in the instance for 2 minutes.
    In addition, you cannot change instance within Workshop because it is a solo instance. You can exit, wait and then come back ... and hope it is a different instance.
  • eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    Thank you.
    I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
  • blag001blag001 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    Arvenus #3 it is...
    All time I land there the game is pure lag.
    CRASH! Right after completing APE last night.

I will just add this one here to my picky little bug list...
    wb-cenders.gif