test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question about Infernal Citadel boss drops

erevel09erevel09 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
Hello. I'd like to ask one question: how it works exactly?

I did run TIC last Sunday and was able to get Fire of the Pit Fiend from Zaphael (second boss). Now it's Tuesday and I can't even roll for it (need/greed). It's already set as if I don't want it. So, do I have to wait till Sunday to get another piece or something is broken?

Comments

• erevel09erevel09 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    Thanks for response, magdalena, but I know that already. :) I'm interested in something else. Maybe I didn't specify this correctly...

What I want to know is this: do I have to wait exactly 7 days in between drops? For example: if I get piece in Friday this week then next time I get one is in Friday next week or is it sooner?

I'm asking because I'm confused a bit. I got that piece this Sunday (which is previous week) but I cannot get another this week for some reason.
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    It should have reset on Monday by 9am pst. If you ran on sunday Before the reset, then ran again on tuesday After the reset, you should have gotten credit for both. If you did not, from the way every other weekly in this game goes, it would seem to be a bug and should be reported. If you have to wait a full week from the moment you got the piece it would be a major departure from the way the devs have done it in the past.
    That's exactly what I was wondering about. When I tried to pick up this drop today it didn't even show Need or Greed window (which is set pretty much always in dungeons), it automatically assumed that I don't need it and didn't even roll for me. It is as if reset has no effect on those items and I must - indeed - wait 7 days between getting another piece. Not sure if it's intended and here lies my concern.
    I've seen logs with rolls for those pieces, so it was set for that mode, but well. I guess I'll try some more and see if that happen again. :)
  • chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    For those of us who haven't done the dungeon, could someone explain exactly what you're talking about here? Thanks!
    There are 4 pieces of equipment to be gained from Avernus store, it's Lionguard set (1250 IL equipment). To buy Lionguard set you require specific items, there are 4 of them. Those items drops from bosses in The Infernal Citadel. You can get one of each once per week, but thing is, I personally am not sure if it works correctly. I mean, sure it works, but is it take 7 days or resets every Monday. That's the part I'm confused about and the reason I started this thread.
  • omgmundoooomgmundooo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    I think i've same issue. can't get my second fire pit fiend ( got my first last week). Edit: don't even received it on my dc. I might have messed up with greed or need and it's WAI.
    Post edited by omgmundooo on
    Just checked today and it seems, that waiting time is indeed 7 days. 7 days cooldown for picking up those boss pieces. Not sure if it's intended.

On the side note, visual bug at last boss is annoying...
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    "Once a week" needs to reset at the weekly time. Not 7 days. All those clocks that count 18 or 20 hours need to reset at the daily reset.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    Ok, so I think an update is in order.

This drop setting is so broken it's beyond my comprehension. I can understand one piece drops once per week. Ok. I'm fine with that. On purpose I did wait for Monday (today) to see if I can get pieces from dungeon bosses. And well... I got. Some.

This Monday drop (which should grant me 1 or 0 of each piece):

Bone Devil Spur - 2 (I thought you can get 1 per week...)
    Hellforged Chain - 1
    Fire of the Pit Fiend - 0 and I'm unable to get a piece despite it being a Monday (which by now should reset, it's been 8 days, says that I don't "need" it, do not even rolls for me),
    Hellfire Engine Paneling - 0 (not sure IF I can get it (or even get to roll), didn't get lucky for the boss to drop it)

So, must I really wait for next week to get those Pit Fiend Fires? Anybody else got something like that?