test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRAPPED in Shard of Night caves...can't continue to play

prethenprethen Member Posts: 137 Arc User
Anyone know how to get out or continue the Shard of Night in the caves if I have no access to the cave area that I need to pursue the quest? Unfortunately, a friggin' Shadow got a hold of me and I have no clue what to do when that happens other than die, so I resurrected back at the fire, but I cannot get to the get where I was trying to open when the Shadow got me. There's some steep rocks to climb and wooden planks block further move. There are no exit points anywhere I can find in these caves. I already exited the game and came right back in the caves and still trapped. If I can't get out of here, I'm done with the game.

Comments

• sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    If you are stuck any place on any map H key for help menu, GM help menu, "I am stuck unable to complete map", the game will eject you to where you entered. There are other options like stuck in the terrain. But it sounds like you need to just tell it to eject the character back to town.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • prethenprethen Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    Thanks!
    I keep getting captured/killed by a Shadow. Any way to deal with these guys...once they nab you, you're done? They're easy to kill if you get the first shot.
  • hannibalsmith#0854 hannibalsmith Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    The first Shadow attacks from behind, but now you know where he is. Return from the campfire and you can take him out - fortunately he's not quick on the trigger.

It's the second one who sends you to the sealed cave. I just drop the quest and start over, but at least I don't get nailed by the first shadow again.

I think (can't prove) that some shadows are triggered by going off the golden path to use a skill node. Forget looting, just stay on the path to get this quest done.
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    This bug has been annoying people since mod 16 dropped. Unfortunately at this time you basically need to start over if you get sent to the basement. I have a couple characters that need to do it, but I wont deal with it until they actually put some effort into the bugs.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1248062/river-district-shard-of-night-issues-in-m16
    Reported in may, there was another report in July. @percemer you claimed to have escalated the issue, but it is now august and its still happening with no word that it is being looked at.
    I didn't realize it was a bug. It took me about 6 more tries before I got around that nasty Shadow. That's definitely the most deadly creature in the entire game...there's no combatting it once it attacks you.
  • percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Hello,

The dev team is actively working on many fixes, we will keep you informed as soon as possible.
    3052 The Shard of Night / L'Éclat de nuit
    We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Regards,
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • vorp#8988 vorp Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Late October and this is still happening...
  • cavkrieger#1847 cavkrieger Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Bump
    Feb 2020 and this is till going on in the shard of night, Your apologies do not seem sincere. Or do you people just say "I'm sorry" like its good morning or a hello greeting? "I'm sorry" is becoming to be a huge excuse in the retail world. It doesn't carry any weight. Might as well say "f#%k off I don't care", be sincere.

I'm sorry if I offended you, it's really not your fault.

Community Coordinator (FR) @ Perfect World Europe B.V.
    percemer said:

Hello,

The dev team is actively working on many fixes, we will keep you informed as soon as possible.

3052 The Shard of Night / L'Éclat de nuit
    We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Regards,

• rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    Yep, yesterday I made a visit there. The bug of appearing on a camp-fire in a sealed-off cave is still present.
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    Wow @percemer there has literally not been an update on this issue on your sheet since August. I do believe this bug has been moved to the "they stopped complaining, lets forget about it" file.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User

Wow @percemer there has literally not been an update on this issue on your sheet since August. I do believe this bug has been moved to the "they stopped complaining, lets forget about it" file.

They do this very often, it isn't @percemer fault, he is a community moderator and not the developer. They seem to ignore anything that doesn't cover a vast majority of the player base. For example; I will direct you to this thread about Elemental Evil and the scant amount of people effected by their fat fingers on the keyboard. Long story short, this required me to spend 550K AD to get out of the glitch they created. I never got so much as a "sorry" from the developer. Yes, I am still holding a grudge since 2018... only two years, maybe I will forgive them by 2040? I suspect they had a few leave over it, since we never got any fix.

I remember assisting someone ??? on this quest. I assume we just got lucky and did it back when module 14 was their new bug. On the brighter side, with module 19 scheduled for December, they should have ample time to make repairs.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    You may want to look at the roadmap again, Mod 19 is scheduled for June, not December.