test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Infernal Citadel - a honest opinion

the1truehunterthe1truehunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 211 Arc User
edited February 2020 in Player Feedback (PC)
Hi folks,

I was so excited about having a new dungeon to explore but after few completion I realised this is another Cryptic fiasco.
In first of all as a veteran player speaking of the new content I do expect challenges, but this dungeon is beyond that. I do not enjoy playing this dungeon for few simply reasons:

1. I spend more AD than I make. The rewards are complete "trash" (except the new set) for this kind of end game content.
2. If you get melee dps, they will die like a checken at every boss.
3. The second boss literally spam aoe and keep me on the floor smashing with the hammer. The casting speed is just ridiculous. Nothing funny and enjoyable.
4. The first boss doesn't have a mechanic, just a tail spin who puts me as a tank on the ground. Do not talk about dps. Because if I will lose by a mistake aggro, they are insta killed.
5. The last boss is just fine, regarding the damage dealt, mechanics.
6. There is an option that allows party leader to decide who takes the reagents from each boss. Why I get only one reagent per week and put my efforts into completing this annoying insta killing spree dungeon and there is not an individual drop of those reagents? It is seems fine for you to have to do like 20 runs of IC per week just to get all the reagents? One of each to be more specific.

I run TOMM often with my friends and there is so much fun, challenge and well rewarded piece of trial. Great mechanics overall. The new dungeons seems unpolished. Like you had to rush the process to release it.

This is the result of a deathrun. I do not expect to not to die here, but this is just ridiculos speaking of and endgame, veteran players.

And beyond that running with random people.

P.S I had to leave in the 4h+.

Best regards,
Faliure @ the1truehunter

@cwhitesidedev#9752 @nitocris83

Comments

• mcfobmcfob Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    I like the dungeon, but I agree, the rewards are just not worth it. The first week you can sell the artifact gear and artifact if rng gods smile on you and you happen to get those drops, but the price is plummeting already, and it seems if you don't get those drops, you go home with nothing but blackened jaw HAMSTER or redundant ebonized gear. Hardly seems fitting for the hardest dungeon in the game.
  • beigeman#7856 beigeman Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    the loot from this dungeon is totally rubbish.. I get better rewards from lomm .. after getting the 3 mat drops on tnk there is no reason for me to run it for a week.. and on TR there is no reason at all.
  • beigeman#7856 beigeman Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    :( 3 runs today on tr all i got was 1 fire of the pitfiend.. and with 1 chest key 4 rerolls.. nothing. and the other chest x4 x4 rerolls... wait for it... nothing.... No seals cos weekly limit reached.... I give up on this dungeon.. much more rewarding to abuse bugs like lockbox legendaries
  • the1truehunterthe1truehunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 211 Arc User
    I forgot to mention that because of the position of the second boss between pillars, as a tan I lose aggro sometime and this is just fatal for the rest of the party considering that I am getting smashed almost 200-300k with the hammer and 3 of his consecutive hits puts me on the ground, drain all my stamina.
  • finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited February 2020

I forgot to mention that because of the position of the second boss between pillars, as a tan I lose aggro sometime and this is just fatal for the rest of the party considering that I am getting smashed almost 200-300k with the hammer and 3 of his consecutive hits puts me on the ground, drain all my stamina.

If you are a tank with a solid build (Right choice of gear, enchantments, mounts, companion + gear and insignia's you should be quite capable to absorb the smash (and yes, it drops you to the ground as part of boss mechanic).

As for losing aggro when boss does his blast after teleporting to the middle is mostly caused by one of the two reasons.
    1. Group is too fast to get in sight and therefore drawing aggro.
    2. You are too slow to get in sight.

It happens me sometimes too (not discussing one of the two reasons), when this happen I simply not hide behind pillars and just absorb the explosion with ease (this ensure you to have full aggro).

Post edited by finmakin on
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer