test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

MAJOR warlock nerf due to soulsparks change and bug

I don't know if it was intentional or not, but since the last patch, only at-wills build the soul sparks stacks, compared to previously when encounters could build them. In addition to this, critical hits no longer gives soulsparks, even though they should according to the feat tooltip.

This causes a HUGE reduction in dps since 1, soulspark stacks directly increase dmg, and 2, the cooldown reduction mechanic can be used much less often.

Most people I know who play warlocks build sparks quickly by popping an AoE which fills almost half the meter. Now that is no longer possible and we have to either choose to waste time building stacks with weaker at-wills , or pop our bigger encounter powers with a significantly lower damage boost.

Please fix this. Warlocks are already behind damage wise and this hurts the class a lot.

Comments

• hrakhhrakh Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    Reported as bug in https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/13142730

Really hoping it is not intentional as that would display a criminal level of misunderstanding...of a class they designed..
  • sylish1sylish1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Even the soulweaver build is effected by this which in the end is perceived that the developers are busy killing the SW class, currently this is causing as per my count already 15 including myself to rather take my money and go to another game as we are all main SW players, as per the last life feed with the devs there was a observation that they could not really say alot about the SW class and it is concluded that the active dev players none is playing the SW therefore they dont have any idea of the damage they currently doing to a really good class in the game. If this was not an intentional ninja nerf as is the norm with the SW class devs should attend to this with urgency as players are upset and leaving the game, for once the request is to take this seriously and not just brush if off as in the past, this nerf is busy killing the SW class in game
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    I know this LOOKS like they keep killing the warlock but let's look at this through a different viewpoint.

I seem to recall a point where the only tank in the game was the guardian fighter. Then the devs slowly started to erode the GFs powers right before releasing the Paladin class. That made rolling a new pally class an easy decision. It took a few mods for the fighter to slowly regain a footing and have some of the neutering effects reduced.

Maybe, just maybe, we should look at this from a glass half full outlook. This could be a sign that there's a new class on the way and they're just slowly killing the warlock to make room for it!

That means that not only will we get a new class soon, but in another 12-15 months, the warlock will slowly regain it's footing and move up from worst dps class to worst dp.....oh heck I guess that's not a rosy outlook after all.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Warlock dps has been on the ropes since SKT release, three and a half years ago.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • darkzod#9528 darkzod Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    In mod 18, the warlock is not as bad as many assume. Especially with many big target, "creeping death" with lightning is great. Since the last patch, the soul spark has been destroyed. I hope it will be cleaned up soon.
  • sylish1sylish1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    ANyone know if they going to fix the bug during maintenance, i cannot find any feedback from devs mentioning a fix today?
  • oremonger#9999 oremonger Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    From the patch notes.

"Warlock: Soul Sparks are now properly generated when the warlock has Hellfire Expertise."

• zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    pitshade said:

Warlock dps has been on the ropes since SKT release, three and a half years ago.

Since Avernus came out, Ive done an RTQ and REDQ, plus about 1 other random every day. In that time span (about 100 runs), my Whisperknife has been beaten on DPS 5 times. I remember them by memory:

1. An Arcanist with Lionheart gear & Bilethorn, and Atropal Essence
    2. A Ranger with Watcher, Vorpal, and Envenomed
    3. An Assassin with Burnished, Vorpal & Atropal Essence
    4. A Barbarian with Lionheart, Bilethorn, and Envenomed
    5. A Warlock with Lionheart, Bilethorn, & Envenomed

That is versus my exclusive Whisperknife that uses no loadouts. I use Alabaster, Lightning, & Envenomed. I also saw one Arbiter do very close. All in all, it tells me that top end balance is very close, but individuals may vary. Skill/Feat/consumables are the biggest unknowns that vary greatly. Some is stats. There is at least one great warlock build out there IMO.