test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

“What’s the point of playing any more if you're not in the elite?”

Comments

• joe7777joe7777 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    sylish1 said:

reading through the comments and i am amazed to see how many is frustrated with the game and i am not alone, even I am struggling to motivate members in the guild, i agree, scaling in some aspects are required and needed to keep the challenges going but with mod 17 and 18 and especially the latest nerf on SW it is shocking to see how many people have and is now leaving the game, as someone in a R20 guild with everything basically maxed the amount of players now to a few months ago cannot be compared as there are only a few now playing, the latest neft has caused a massive amount and counting leaving the game, i get the idea the devs are felling like they god and we need to conform to them and not them listening to what we the players are saying, there is a massive favoritism to only specific classes in the game eg. tomm mainly pally healer, tr, and cw due to the massive damage boosts and eg, SW is left as an after thought in the game and the latest SW nerf was a spectacular game ender for a lot of players. Devs needs to be upfront are you busy trying to phase out the SW class and if so rather just do it and introduce the new replacement class. As a SW class i am also done, did my last dungeon yesterday and called it as a good 4-5 years as a SW but time to move to better games, as per the above how are the devs (which by the way we are the ones as players generating their salaries not the other way around) going to fix this issue, how do they expect us as active players leaving have to motivate guild and alliance members to stay. Do they actually read what is written in the forums or is the forums just for them to post new aspects and we need to accept it??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

It actually wasn't a nerf on Soul Sparks, it was a bug that surfaced when they made the change that they are working on fixing. Once fixed, it should be easier to accumulate Soul Sparks. At least, that is what I assume you are referring to.
  • chimeraxchimerax Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    If I do a RQ in a low level instance, I check item level which is a good indication on how new to the game people are, I then follow them through the dungeon but don't kill anything but the mobs left behind chasing them. I only help when it seems they are in trouble.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    The only character I hang back on in RLD is with my healer. On the one hand, to see if I can manage to get through without inflicting much, if any, damage, and on the other, without taking any. My main aim is to make sure the party is healthy.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • littledanger#4115 littledanger Member Posts: 71 Arc User

NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION.
    I do pug dungeons, I do carry players actively outside of Randoms. Nobody asked me about scaling.
    Most people that are so vocal about the HYPOTHETICAL- new player experience- do not even pug Randoms. They simply do not know, nor they experience the measures they advocate.
    So why do you get to have a say in a matter that you do not participate?
    I can not solo epic dungeons except 1. But I completed TIC as the main DPS multiple times.
    If you put me with low level of each role , we are done. In some instances I need at least 1-2 competent mates.
    How am I going to teach them anything if we all keep dying?
    Do you know what training conditions mean? A safe setup to make the mistakes not overpunishing.
    Scaling negates training conditions.
    So the new,early midgame player wants to be as useful as the veteran? Who said that? Why am I getting so many replays at invites, then?
    Make your own party with players at your own level , see how long that wish will last.
    And where in real life that happens?
    Remove scaling.
    It serves no use for training and it serves no use for progression.

Agreed. I’ve allayed pug’d dungeons. Mainly on my DC, but also on my GF tank and OP. I would speed run content with friends (most have quit the game btw), but then public q because I enjoyed it as well. Scaling serves no purpose- I can guarantee new players don’t enjoy clunking along either.
  • caelia#3631 caelia Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    I came here to ask what i believed to be probably a dumb question and I think i have found the answer here. I took a break (1 year) from NW after playing for years and I have found that instances are empty. I remember a time when you had to scroll past a huge list of instances just to find one with less players so you could meet up with friends. Now when i look at instances there like 2 or 3 with 6 persons or less sometimes (even in the newer campains) I que to do dungeon runs and its dead. All this at a time when there is double refinement event, but now i see why people are leaving.

This is disappointing to say the least, having people to help run dungeons, complete quests, do campains/heroic encounters was one of the things that was fun about this game. I may just leave for good myself being the fun part of the game is now a thing of the past.

• rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    Yah scaling in LOMM ins not nice, some of new player have GS abouve 24k but would strugle to beat the mimics before the scaling, aftr they really need help.

When someons ask me anout this i usually tell them what i did to all my alts, i got old gear like Chult Gloves and Hunt stuff with good bonus till i can be under 24k that way i can run LOMM knowing the stats.

Some old gear is pretty good like:
    The shirt with Charged buff from MEs,
    Ebonized Chest (mostly still bis) also MEs,
    If they can get "Hells of fury" from ravenloft hunt
    The gloves from Manticore Hunt in Omu
    The Gloves from Omu Seal Store (it Stack with Ebonized)
    this way they can have GS under 24k and still deal with the mimics...

If not they will needto work stats up to meet the stats after the scaling, AND build more power for LOMM
    The good bart is that if they can run LOMM scaled they probably can run anything from REDQ and RTQ no problems

The bad part is the feeling of being Nerfed, never nice...
    Lest hope the changes comming (see roadmap) work to make it feel better...

Now that i think about, showing the Roadmap link to them may give some hope, it gave me that hope...
    edited February 2020

chimerax said:

If I do a RQ in a low level instance, I check item level which is a good indication on how new to the game people are, I then follow them through the dungeon but don't kill anything but the mobs left behind chasing them. I only help when it seems they are in trouble.

I'd vote kick you for that. i'd vote kick anyone for that. do your part or gtfo is my take on it. you are useless to them doing that. you're making them run a man down when it sounds like they're already struggling. really not cool. you realize you're being carried by people that are already handicapped?
    I am sorry if I don't fit your requirement of participation, I feel it is better to help people through an instance than steamroll over it for them, Yes, you like people to do that for you on a low level alt as you have said above, but not everyone feels that way. I try and help people and not worry about the self-righteous SJWs out there complaining about carrying someone. People have posted they don't like steam rolling and let the low level people learn the game and how to play and then others like yourself don't like that, I guess you are damned if you do and damned if you don't.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    chimerax said:

chimerax said:

I'd vote kick you for that. i'd vote kick anyone for that. do your part or gtfo is my take on it. you are useless to them doing that. you're making them run a man down when it sounds like they're already struggling. really not cool. you realize you're being carried by people that are already handicapped?
    I am sorry if I don't fit your requirement of participation, I feel it is better to help people through an instance than steamroll over it for them, Yes, you like people to do that for you on a low level alt as you have said above, but not everyone feels that way. I try and help people and not worry about the self-righteous SJWs out there complaining about carrying someone. People have posted they don't like steam rolling and let the low level people learn the game and how to play and then others like yourself don't like that, I guess you are damned if you do and damned if you don't.

I have never had people complain about steamrolling anything in game, but I have seen people upset at others non participation (like every time). I have seen one or two people upset about it (steamrolling) in the forum. but they are by far the minority. it is ALWAYS better to do your part than to just do nothing. furthermore the thing that does seem to set people off when they are set off by steamrolling is the arrogance of the higher level in being annoyed verbally at the lower levels for not being faster or leaving bads behind that they then get killed by when they try to make thru. proper etiquette as far as I know is to leave nothing behind and keep your low levels alive. but to do your part in the killing.

chimerax said:

chimerax said:

I have never had people complain about steamrolling anything in game, but I have seen people upset at others non participation (like every time). I have seen one or two people upset about it (steamrolling) in the forum. but they are by far the minority. it is ALWAYS better to do your part than to just do nothing. furthermore the thing that does seem to set people off when they are set off by steamrolling is the arrogance of the higher level in being annoyed verbally at the lower levels for not being faster or leaving bads behind that they then get killed by when they try to make thru. proper etiquette as far as I know is to leave nothing behind and keep your low levels alive. but to do your part in the killing.
    I agree that it is BS if a high level complains about a low level in these dungeons, If you queue up for these dungeons you should already know what you are possibly going to encounter and be patient. I just like to make sure that these low levels feel they are contributing something and watch over them just in case, not run ahead of them.
  • joe7777joe7777 Member Posts: 509 Arc User

chimerax said:

chimerax said:

I have. As an example: I was in a run once with another Lv70 and a newbie in Cloak Tower. The other Lv70 was steamrolling and the newbie used voice chat to complain about him going too fast and not leaving anything for the newbie to do. Needless to say, the Lv70 kept doing their thing despite that.
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    Like I said in above thread, that maybe they should create Master dungeons for all content and perhaps they should prohibit people who are vastly higher then the dungeon's requirement from running the non-master version. Like how each dungeon has a minimum IL perhaps they should also have a maximum as well. That way they wouldn't have to scale them either. If you are stoopid higher than the content you have no reason to run it anyway.

Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
    You can tell right away who is new or newer and I always stay with them and get through it. I mean what's the point of a group event if it's five individuals and no team?

But I can tell you things are bad in the random queues now. I took out my 24K+ tank today and couldn't get into a single random queue at any level. There seemed to be a lot of people playing (20+ PE instances) but queues just weren't popping even for a tank. Spooky times.
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2020

Instead of scaling I don't understand why they just don't offer master dungeons/trials of all content. For example, leave LOMM as it is and create a Master LOMM that is harder so people who may think the normal one is too easy can play it. And increase the AD drop rate in the Master to give them incentive to play it.

They could have unscaled and scaled versions, they already have the capability to do this with the k-team tech iirc. They just need to make so that the scaled version (ie hardcore mode) gives better rewards other than an "IOU". Not sure if this has been suggested before, but it sounds like a good solution to me. It would keep the difficulty of the "hardcore" version (ie scaled) at a consistent level, like forever.

• sunshinehappy#2439 sunshinehappy Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Post edited by sunshinehappy#2439 on
  • b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    Scaling in some games can be a improvement to the game. Scaling in other games can be a disappointment. Neverwinter sits in the disappointment area. Instead of scaling a dungeon perhaps a mentoring system should be in place. If a user wishes to mentor down to the stats of the dungeon they are then able to and if they decide not to then well that works to. This fixes all the issues and no scaling.
  • sunshinehappy#2439 sunshinehappy Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    I heard it during one of the recent multi hour streams. I'll try to figure out which one but i think it was roadmap
  • kevin#3443 kevin Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    AHWOO(cavdog) i do random,s all the time and i try to help the newbee,s, and yes it,s not worth it a.d wise but i enjoy helping people.it,s how i learned to play.

Wait until you see the scaling in mod 19. From what I've heard all the enemies in the whole game scale up to match you no matter where you are. That way your progression is meaningless everywhere instead of just in dungeons.

In this is true I'm done.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited February 2020

Wait until you see the scaling in mod 19. From what I've heard all the enemies in the whole game scale up to match you no matter where you are. That way your progression is meaningless everywhere instead of just in dungeons.

I would agree, but I have said that before (in M16) so I wouldn't bet on it anymore, but:
    If this is done correctly right from the start in a game, it is no issue. There are other ways to make it more rewarding for vets, or to feel like there is steady progression. Especially in a setting where skills are upgraded with time/lvling, and it often is not completely balanced in a way that makes you feel completely new-ish. I see some problems with running old content if this is true and they do not get the loot tables right (and, I mean, come on...) and regarding the (amount of) scaled content. If there is intention to scale everything, then I can imagine that there will be dungeons completely untouched unless the loot really really makes up for your lifetime lost.
    But NW is very very reliant on a different system, and imo it (NW) has already seen too much change, and scaling was not yet something people celebrated here... So, all in all, I hope this is not true.
    E. maybe later
    - bye bye -
    edited February 2020

I would agree, but I have said that before (in M16) so I wouldn't bet on it anymore, but:
    If this is done correctly right from the start in a game, it is no issue. There are other ways to make it more rewarding for vets, or to feel like there is steady progression. Especially in a setting where skills are upgraded with time/lvling, and it often is not completely balanced in a way that makes you feel completely new-ish. I see some problems with running old content if this is true and they do not get the loot tables right (and, I mean, come on...) and regarding the (amount of) scaled content. If there is intention to scale everything, then I can imagine that there will be dungeons completely untouched unless the loot really really makes up for your lifetime lost.
    But NW is very very reliant on a different system, and imo it (NW) has already seen too much change, and scaling was not yet something people celebrated here... So, all in all, I hope this is not true.
    E. maybe later
    The issue is now, is that the ONLY thing IMO that NW has going for itself now is progression. If they take that away, if they make all content the same difficulty there is no motivation to play no matter what the loot is because the end sum will be zero. If my level 80 25K main has to fight as hard in Sharander as she does in Undermountain there is simply no motivation for me to get any loot because it doesn't matter. The might as well take away stats and IL and just give is new gear for appearance only. SMH

I can only think that maybe they want people to buy more campaign tokens and just not bother with the legacy stuff any more and making it just as difficult as newer content people will just stop playing it.