test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Back lite keyboard changing colors and going off while playing.

eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
I'm on a laptop with a back lite keyboard. Whenever I play Neverwinter the lights shut off. Either that or they flash different colors. It seems totally random but I'm just wondering if anyone else has this issue? It doesn't impact the game at all, it's just annoying that it happens and only when playing Neverwinter and no other games.
I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)

Comments

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Yeah, check your in-game settings for the option to turn that off. It's been a long time since I've played on PC, but I'm pretty sure there's an option in there to disable it.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    Anyone know where to find this setting. I don't see one :( or what it's called?

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I think it's something about Chroma? It's been a while. Let me do some digging.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    Ok, so, I logged into my old PC account and didn't find anything for it either. I could have sworn there was a setting there. I'll try to get some more information soon.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    Thanks kreatyve
  • Options
    paxtwtichpaxtwtich Member Posts: 1 New User
    This is still a thing, cant find a fix, wanted to get back into the game but this is an Immediate turn off.
  • Options
    finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    I blame the Bladeslingers
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    Do you have Overwatch? It can be used to control this.

If Logitech try below:
    Logitech Gaming Software -> Settings -> General -> Allow Games To Control Illumination and unchecking it.
  • Options
    misquamacus2misquamacus2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 193 Arc User
    I've only noticed that when I'm on discord. All the people in the channel got their own color and when they speak the keyboard flashes in that color. Can get quite psychadelic when lots of people talk at the same time :D

• Options
    I tried installing Overwatch to check it out with the settings mentioned but I have Nvidea not logitech. I don't see anything in the settings for changing a back lite keyboard :( Also it happens when I am and when I'm not on discord both. It seems to always do it during a screen switch/loading but also during game play as well. Anyone got any other ideas? It's driving me crazy. Thanks to those who have tried to help so far. It is much appreciated :)