test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Paladin and swords

armunn1armunn1 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
Are Justicar paladins able to use swords any specific time? and when?

Comments

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    armunn1 said:

Are Justicar paladins able to use swords any specific time? and when?

You can transmute a mace to look like a sword.

Though there's not much of a difference between a mace and sword right now, since all weapons share the same weapon damage and share most of the main stats.

• armunn1armunn1 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Gotcha on that. Swords are my favorite of ancient weapons,and since I loved playing my pally on WoW I figure what the heck. On the subject of tranmutes,is there a vendor where I can do this?
    armunn1 said:

Gotcha on that. Swords are my favorite of ancient weapons,and since I loved playing my pally on WoW I figure what the heck. On the subject of tranmutes,is there a vendor where I can do this?

Some I can think of off the top of my head are the Sword of Elemental Fire (it should be very very inexpensive on the AH) or the Fabled Illyanbruen Sword (one of the few sword transmutes available in the Maze Engine transmute shop).

There are probably more you can look at through the Collections (keybind default on PC is "Control+J"). I recall there was decent looking sword from the Battle of the Bridge Call to Arms Event, but it's a limited time event that doesn't show up all the time.

Another decent way is to check the Auction House with the advanced search.

Try searching in the Mainhand category, and set the class to Paladin. I usually had the best luck setting the quality to rare/uncommon and setting higher levels (70+), since it was in the more recent modules that Paladins have been getting more sword transmutes. The reason for this is that there might be actual swords for Paladins, or that there are weapons "intended" for Fighter, but will allow a Paladin to equip the sword as well.

In the show off your paladin section above there was one picture of one holding a sword called "Maze Engine Longsword of the Valiant Warrior" Is this a reward for completing the maze engine campaign?
    The sword in question comes from the Maze Engine campaign store.

It's been 8 modules since I did Maze Engine, so I'd guess you get the store when you kill Baphomet in the story quest?
    You can see in the above screenshot that I didn't finish the last campaign task, but I have access to the store.

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The store unlocks as soon as you acquire the currency for it. That either comes from a story quest or the first daily. Either way, you can get it as soon as you grind out the Alliance Supplies, which is a bit of a chore. The Valiant Warrior armor is identical to level 60 and 70 armor found as common drops. It might be that the sword is as well.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • amascus#1899 amascus Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    You can also get a nice one in the CTA events like the volcanic long sword. The sell for the campaign currency on the 2nd tab of that event vendor.
    I assume the swords from the Maze Engine campaign store are for both warrior and Paladin?
  • bpstuartbpstuart Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    The workshop and therefore the auction house are also places you can get paladin compatible swords.

In the workshop, the "Bronze Broadsword" is paladin compatible as is the iron version but they share the same model and cane be made to look indenticle with dyes. Another from the workshop is the "Mithral Knightly sword" and some zone vendors will have swords that are Fighter and Paladin cross usable. ( it should be noted that there is a bug, that when looking with a non paladin class, some swords tool tip say they are cross compatible but then on a Pally say they are not. )

Swords to transmute should be available even at low level if you really want a sword but don't want to wait for a high level campeign item.
    Ego etiam cupo recrari et amari diu post mortem meam
    I too wish to be recreated, and to be loved long after my death.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    The weapon vendor in PE has some swords a Pally can use, and, as stated, the blacksmith skill can be used to make a variety of swords, so you can either do that yourself or look on the AH and see what people are selling.

There are also some drops from various places. One of my characters found a 'Traveler's Mace' that was actually a sword.

And, finally, some campaign sto
    bpstuart said:

The workshop and therefore the auction house are also places you can get paladin compatible swords.

In the workshop, the "Bronze Broadsword" is paladin compatible as is the iron version but they share the same model and cane be made to look indenticle with dyes. Another from the workshop is the "Mithral Knightly sword" and some zone vendors will have swords that are Fighter and Paladin cross usable. ( it should be noted that there is a bug, that when looking with a non paladin class, some swords tool tip say they are cross compatible but then on a Pally say they are not. )

Swords to transmute should be available even at low level if you really want a sword but don't want to wait for a high level campeign item.

This.

All the craftable paladin weapons are swords.
    You can make one of those for a transmute for yourself pretty much out of the gate with blacksmithing.

I wish that they would add some maces and hammers. Not only for people that want their paladins to have a mace or hammer, but also for fighters to be able to use maces. Of course, the overall usefulness of that would be in proportion to the number of new mace and hammer designs they included. It would give fighters mace access and paladins some hammers, but if they added some unique appearances for both it would help add to the usefulness.

And yes, I know I'm late to the party, and I do not know if it is something that all of the class forums deal with, but this one seems sadly neglected.