test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Black listed from Tomm runs?

I'm hearing rumors that players are being black listed from Tomm runs because they are selling the rings too cheaply.

Is this really happening?

Comments

• tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    i dont think this is a thing
  • nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    There are debates going on about undercutting but I don’t think people are blacklisted.

Personally I’ve only been buying AH ToMM items from friends even if it posted much higher than the lowest post.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

And some people wonder why BiS players get so much grief. "Don't make these rewards too available to the plebs or we'll blacklist you."

Elitism at its worst.

Indeed
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    why you dont let the guy who post for low price to sell the item but no instead you post too for low and then you complain..
  • carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    hustin1 said:

And some people wonder why BiS players get so much grief. "Don't make these rewards too available to the plebs or we'll blacklist you."

Elitism at its worst.

I've read that things like that also happened when CoDG was released, before I started playing. This kind of thing ends up overshadowing nice initiatives from some endgame players games and guilds (like the Relentless Alliance public preview training runs, and some alliances accepting people from external guilds in their frequent training runs), leaving a very bad impression for the community. I hope future attempts to control the market fail miserably, like this one did, so that we can put the spotlights on future nice initiatives and create a better community overall.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    I don't know why people complain about low prices. If it is that low (> 10% discount over the next lowest price), then buy it an flip it. Market corrected and you can make some profit. If the price is dropping because of inventory, then that is too bad.
  • finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Screw those pos folks who are trying to monopolize a free market.

What they do is driving up artificially the prizes (their way of free market) and attack those who are undercutting their (monopolized) price, like cartels tend to do.
    And giving the (as they say) Elitist and Bis players a bad name in their kindness to give other players a change to get the goods for a reasonable price.

Guess what..
    People like myself are the worst of all, by even giving away goods from ToMM (and now TIC) to people who cannot affort these monopolized prices, so add me to this blacklist me please..

Greetings to Saul Alinsky
    Post edited by finmakin on
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    I haven't seen those screens/posts, but might there have been a few people there, that convinced & "helped" Cryptic to design that trial for themselves?
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    tom#6998 said:

I haven't seen those screens/posts, but might there have been a few people there, that convinced & "helped" Cryptic to design that trial for themselves?

i suppose you are reffering to the players that testet it on preview. And since i am one of them, i can assure you, it has nothing to do with us, my whole group was done with ToMM back in november last year, none of us are running it in any frequency that we could care about the rings. Same goes for most of the players in sharp/virals group.
    I don't have the screenshots anymore, but it was no one I recognised from the parties tom talked about, or anybody else that ran it early or made preview training runs.
    Some I recognised from my mental ignore list so it's chill.
    - bye bye -
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

Trying to stir the pot are we?
  • emese#4731 emese Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    This happens as there are no set prices for items and then a small group of players dictate the market. It is shameful that it is allowed as these players gain their wealth preying on mid level players. They control the market and are able to buy out things like resurrection scrolls and then set ridiculously high prices....again hindering those who needs these most ..the mid level players.
    But before anybody says I generalize ...i do not! It is not every BIS player or as some say elitist player. There is big difference between playing well and being on the top of the game, and playing just for profit. You can call both elitist but for sure only one group deserves to be called elitist in a negative way. I know many wonderful BIS players who do not see this as OK practice, who help selflessly and understand that creating a positive atmosphere in this game will strengthen this game. The toxicity created by blacklisting and price controlling just draw players away and it is extremely bad for the game. It is deterrent for many players. So this is more a plea to Cryptic from my side to look into this an reform the system. I do not say that people who put time and effort into this game should not get rewards...but rather that the rewards should not make them GOD like and prey on the rest. There are many ways that the prices on AH could be controlled..just an example is how the prices of the mark of potency is controlled. These are present on AD market and those those who want to sell them on AH have to choose a comparable price.They still make profit but they can not inflate the prices. I just hope that some mechanism will be implemented as in the current status this is very bad and as I said drives many people away. It creates and atmosphere where every BIS player is put in the same bag even when the majority doesn't deserves to be there. This game needs BIS players to help new players and to have a continuous steady growth of players population. I just do not want to see more friends leaving...
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User

This game needs BIS players to help new players and to have a continuous steady growth of players population. I just do not want to see more friends leaving...

What about having a game friendly for both BIS and not BIS? Blame the game, not the players thx
    LOL...not sure you read what I wrote...but I never blamed the players. On contrary I am saying that this game needs balance approach. As it is now there is a huge gap between BIS and non BIS players and part of it is the system that enhances it. In every game you will have those who rise to the top but the problem is that in NW it is not a linear progression but an exponential one. This is enabled by the game settings and by the developers favoring really not 1 but two groups (the new players and the top BIS players) and everybody believing that is the other one is favored. But in reality the mid level players are the ones that are left behind. I heard calculations stating that a new player will need roughly 700 mill AD to become a BIS player ...that means enchantments, rune stones, bonding stones maxed, companion being legendary ..and of course class specific, legendary insignia and legendary mount and then the gear.
    A player can get decent stats and gear around a year but with the current prizes and RNG system for most will take much longer. Part of the problem why it takes so long are the AH prices that are inflated and controlled by few. Other part is the RNG. Fixing the economy of NW and going away for RNG dependent rewards (a good example of nonRNG would be the He'll pit rewards) would help greatly to get a linear progression. But in the end it is true...Cryptic is in the control of the market and humans just as in RL do what they do best. They take advantage. The only sad thing is that this is a game and we have enough of this in RL. I know many who left game for one reason or other but economy of the game plays a big part of it.
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    > @thefabricant said:
    > (Quote)
    > Light - Wolcen
    > Me - Age of Wonders 3 and soon to be Path of Exile (with the new content update)
    > Viral - Path of Exile
    > Tardli - Smite?
    > Cass - Smite?
    > Vigi - Smite?
    > Cayley - Path of Exile
    > Sacra - Zelda
    > Chaldo - ?
    > Soup - ?
    >
    > Only Blackmore, Wolfor and Sume are currently even playing Neverwinter from my group, its a bit hard to be guilty of something when you are not even playing the game :smile:

This is like saying that I should not be considered guilty of shooting someone because I'm not shooting someone else right now. Not saying that you're guilty, just that the logic in your post was flawed.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • b3llist0rb3llist0r Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited February 2020

Light - Wolcen
    Me - Age of Wonders 3 and soon to be Path of Exile (with the new content update)
    Viral - Path of Exile
    Tardli - Smite?
    Cass - Smite?
    Vigi - Smite?
    Cayley - Path of Exile
    Sacra - Zelda
    Chaldo - ?
    Soup - ?

Only Blackmore, Wolfor and Sume are currently even playing Neverwinter from my group, its a bit hard to be guilty of something when you are not even playing the game :smile:
    Okay, everybody knows you were the first beating TOMM... Thats cool and your guide is really helpful for all of us. But you really tried to control the market? I heared that from another group which trained on preview and finished TOMM in the first days and farmed it... but I thought that was a bad joke / rumor... :o ...
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    He said the opposite. Not only did he not try to control the market, he took a break from the game.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    b3llist0r said:

<

Okay, everybody knows you were the first beating TOMM... Thats cool and your guide is really helpful for all of us. But you really tried to control the market? I heared that from another group which trained on preview and finished TOMM in the first days and farmed it... but I thought that was a bad joke / rumor... :o ...

No, we didn't. Our group and Tom's group (he responded further up on the thread) both practiced on preview and finished tomm on the first day. We agreed unanimously, while tomm was still on preview to match prices, because we were all friends (and often play other games together aside from just NW) and it makes no sense to undercut each other when it would just be hurting all of us. Tom's group even went as far as giving all the rings to one person who sold them all, then they split the AD among each other. Initially we planned to do the same, but the hassle of managing that as well as the fact that in some cases (for example me) I would rather equip a ring that I want if it dropped for me rather than sell it, my group decided each person would sell their own rings.

When a 3rd group finished, they decided to undercut us instead of match us (as is their right and as we expected) and prices dropped then. We never made a list of, "do not invite these people, they will undercut," and would not do so either. When the new PoE league started at the time, most of my group disappeared to play that. By that point we were fairly burned out on ToMM, having ran it every night from ~9 pm till ~12 pm until then.
    This is the thing..the people who control and black list are not the same as those who finished first. We can not generalize here. But those who set up to do so now are running the AH as they have so much AD they buy up everything and repost them at ridiculous prices. Like see the recent inflation of pres wards. A stack of 99 sells for 860 k. Used to be around 720 k. If anybody post lower it is bought by these guys so a mid level player have no chance to buy them cheaper. And the mid level player is who needs them most to grow and upgrade items. These prizes hold them back. The interesting part is that Cryptic is turning blind eyes to this....though it is counterproductive for the game spirit .... And in total opposite of the intended progression of the game.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User

This is the thing..the people who control and black list are not the same as those who finished first. We can not generalize here. But those who set up to do so now are running the AH as they have so much AD they buy up everything and repost them at ridiculous prices. Like see the recent inflation of pres wards. A stack of 99 sells for 860 k. Used to be around 720 k. If anybody post lower it is bought by these guys so a mid level player have no chance to buy them cheaper. And the mid level player is who needs them most to grow and upgrade items. These prizes hold them back. The interesting part is that Cryptic is turning blind eyes to this....though it is counterproductive for the game spirit .... And in total opposite of the intended progression of the game.

Everybody buys low sell high. How do you prevent that?

720k to 860k is about 20% difference.

Last weekend, I was trying to acquire a particular enchantment. I need a lot of them for my toons. It was 8k. There were tons above 9k, 10k, 11k, etc. I did not want to buy it higher than 9k. I cleaned everything below 9K whenever I saw it. Half a day later, I up my cap to 9.5k and bought everything whenever I saw it. One day later, all the 10k, 11k were gone. 2 days later, it became 16K each. It is 100% difference in a matter of days.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***