test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Warlock - Spark generation on crit broken

hrakhhrakh Member Posts: 152 Arc User
edited February 2020 in Bug Reports (PC)
The changes to spark generation for warlocks in the latest patch has broken the generation of sparks on critical hits.

Repro steps:
  1. Log in a Warlock
  2. Use any encounter power
  3. Wait for a crit to occur
  4. note no change in the amount of soul sparks

Comments

• haruna742haruna742 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I confirm, this needs a hotfix asap, as it is now warlock dps is not competitive anymore with other classes in group content.
    @skingdev#1102
  • gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Im just tired they fix one thing and break another. Warlock would never be fully functioning. Just delete the class as you dont now how to make it work. From mod 16 till now none of the things was done right, plus the new idea of the class role and mechanics is very poor
  • sunshine#1043 sunshine Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    hrakh said:

The changes to spark generation for warlocks in the latest patch has broken the generation of sparks on critical hits.

Repro steps:

1. Log in a Warlock
    2. Use any encounter power
    3. Wait for a crit to occur
    4. note no change in the amount of soul sparks
    Well, I can generate soul sparks only with at wills.
  • cookiewookiee#8732 cookiewookiee Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Seconded. I observed the same problem on my warlock.
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    "Soul Sparks are now generated in a different way..."

You guys should give a thought to a possibility it atm really works as intended, devs might have just forgotten to update the tooltip... :p
  • hrakhhrakh Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    rikitaki said:

"Soul Sparks are now generated in a different way..."

You guys should give a thought to a possibility it atm really works as intended, devs might have just forgotten to update the tooltip... :p

I have given thought to it. Requires just a simple statement by someone official to say this is so.

Of course after such a statement I will likely react in a way that could only be called unfavorable as the effect on warlocks is rather sizeable and all negative.
  • gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    > @rikitaki said:
    > "Soul Sparks are now generated in a different way..."
    >
    > You guys should give a thought to a possibility it atm really works as intended, devs might have just forgotten to update the tooltip... :p

If thats the case then im definitely out, i couldnt stand that level of incompetence
  • thegurupandit#0671 thegurupandit Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    "Soul Sparks are now generated in a different way..." = " when you die Soul Sparks now generated "
    >:) Life is like a train journey. Someone gets in, someone gets off and someone switches the wagon > :)
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    What are you guys worried about? I'm sure whatever the problem is will get fixed expeditiously!

When has the team ever let the warlock community down? It's not like this is the same dev that told people who couldn't do enough DPS on warlocks that they needed to "git gud"....
  • hrakhhrakh Member Posts: 152 Arc User

What are you guys worried about? I'm sure whatever the problem is will get fixed expeditiously!

When has the team ever let the warlock community down? It's not like this is the same dev that told people who couldn't do enough DPS on warlocks that they needed to "git gud"....

While I realize the history is there and that that is likely to spawn fear, uncertainty and doubt concerning the timely resolution of this issue, I will nevertheless report it for the bug it is. For the time being I would like to, naively, believe that this is an unfortunate oversight.
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    dool78 said:

"Soul Sparks are now generated in a different way..." = " when you die Soul Sparks now generated "

Actually, this would be a pretty cool feature - in a new mod warlocks would go full lich, and (lets say) every 5 mins their phylactery would revive them upon death and fill the spark gauge.
  • xavior44xavior44 Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Can we get a comment from someone official on the situation please? @nitocris83 @cwhitesidedev#9752 Is it a bug or is it working as intended with a non-updated tooltip and you actually wanted to destroy our dps/heals AGAIN?

Good day folks,

In attempt to address the issue with Soul Sparks not consistently generating for bosses, this particular mechanic was overlooked and for this I apologize. This was not an intended change although I appreciate all of your ideas.

A fix was made and we hope to get this live to you soon.

Thanks!

Thank-you so much. Im sure this will put a lot of minds at ease, keep up the great communication.
  • acrinicusacrinicus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    It is Hellfire Expertise that isn't working properly. Glad to see they are on top of it. Everything is noticeably harder without it.
    acrinicus said:

It is Hellfire Expertise that isn't working properly. Glad to see they are on top of it. Everything is noticeably harder without it.

Yes "gaining soul sparks on critical hits" is having an issue at the moment! @arcinius878
  • serthor87serthor87 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Hello,
    I'm glad you are in continuous development, this can also be seen from these things, your problem, however, and it is very serious, is that of not having a Cryptic Developer playing this class .... I would advise you to take care of this thing so that in the future there will be no more problems of this kind, but also for the development of the game, this would not be bad as an idea ... I have been playing for about 5 years now and I have seen many for all classes, this me it seems the least sad time, "besides the one where you entered the CAP of the AstralDiamond account and not the character".
    Thanks for your attention and I hope it will be resolved soon.

Thanks google translator ;)
  • sylish1sylish1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    well went in to the game today and wow what a surprise still the same problem, incredible for being so naive to have thought that this would be sorted, following the comments and only 1 so far from developers mmmmmm :(
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Maintenance and patching are typically done on Thursdays. There hasn't been a patch since the bug was created, as it has been less than a week. While the turnaround time for bug fixes has usually been poor, it's extremely unrealistic to imagine it would be fixed over the weekend.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • suicide13#1395 suicide13 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    please fix this before pvp season begins. Not gaining soul sparks on critical hits affects pvp drastically too.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    All this time, I though my character (Aero) was suffering massive depression and just giving up the spirit to live.

Thanks @hrakh :cookie:
    wb-cenders.gif