test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.120.20200204a.5

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Patch Notes for tomorrow's maintenance are available.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11369203

Comments

• sobi#1980 sobi Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    Bravo! So many fixes, just hope all goes well when they hit live.
  • brb89brb89 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    thanks for this fixes, just a few question:

Gelatinous Cube: This companion's player bonus has been buffed so that its stats are more in line with other similar companions.

this didnt use to be a mount? maybe im wrong but i dont remember a gelatinous cube as a companion (maybe the green slime?).

• shdwlkr#0504 shdwlkr Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Gahh, this is not a nice change imo... Was the main reason I bought the mount.

Mounts

Boots of Misty Step no longer incorrectly remain active when using At-Will or Encounter powers on female characters. (Male characters had already properly had them deactivated.)
  • abwabwabaabwabwaba Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    brb89 said:

Gelatinous Cube: This companion's player bonus has been buffed so that its stats are more in line with other similar companions.

this didnt use to be a mount? maybe im wrong but i dont remember a gelatinous cube as a companion (maybe the green slime?).

Hello!

Back then Cryptic promoted that Razer Cortex (performance booster) program and while using the program u could gather Zsilver. After a few months of collecting u were able to buy different things with it (players could choose an in-game reward, Gelatinous Cube augment companion was one of them). So did I. The companion war ranked up after Mod16 introduction, its legendary for a while now, but still had in offensive slot the green ranked 400 power and 200 crit avoidance, instead of 4000 power and 2000 crit avoidance. (Hope the aboves means it got succesfully fixed).

And the 2nd way I know is to get it is to watch the Cryptic streams, cuz they give out codes for winners (just like those rainbow mounts). For example when Chris #cwhitesidedev was intoduced in December 2019. I was one of the winners on the Twitch stream (thou I still didnt receive the code after the email).
    Hide The Pain Harold!
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    brb89 said:

I don't know if the patch note is talking about mount or companion but there is/was a companion.

https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Gelatinous_Cube_(companion)(previous)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • brb89brb89 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    ty guys^^
    oh, as a sw i just tested this:

Warlock: Soul Sparks are now generated in a different way, which means that they should be consistently generated no matter what enemies they hit. Previously, certain enemies could not provide Soul Sparks.

and now i cant earn ss except with atwill XD (hellbringer path), this work as itented? i dont think this is the "different way" to generated soul sparks.
  • aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User
    Baby Owlbear's Presence can no longer incorrectly trigger when receiving reflected damage.
    Briartwine Enchantment can no longer incorrectly trigger reflected damage

What constitutes reflected damage? Are they referring to the damage that would be triggered by Lostmauth's Vengeance?
  • josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    Glabrezu enemies are now properly immune to knockdown.

Aww man. Way to reduce viability / variety of player builds. =(
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!
  • kirieshka#8532 kirieshka Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Hey, @nitocris83 and @noworries#8859.
    How much can you mock warlocks?
    When will you learn to check those “corrections” that you make?
    With your fix, you actually removed the only available way to reduce skill recovery time (not to mention damage reduction due to a slower gain of sparks).
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    @nitocris83
    Hi,
    "Any seals that previously had to be purchased one-by-one can now be purchased in bulk."
    Can we please get a bulk purchase possibility on companion training tokens in the Legacy Campaign store? (Sybella Artis)
  • frost#7995 frost Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Nice work. @noworries#8859 should receive the award as an employee of the year.
    https://youtu.be/wLnCUAZPasI
  • markhell#1979 markhell Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Hi. When You fix broken codg? 2 x ref and it's bugged... 0,5 fps when monsters respawn in elevator... Shame
  • legend#9825 legend Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    > @frost#7995 said:
    > Nice work. @noworries#8859 should receive the award as an employee of the year.
    > https://youtu.be/wLnCUAZPasI

Thanks for the video proving how mistaken the devs are in this "soul spark" "fix" for warlocks. Instead of fixing an issue, they break it even more....
  • salidor#0795 salidor Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Glyphworks: When teleporting to the Glyphworks, there is no longer a "Gather Your Party" circle; as a result, players who have not unlocked the Glyphworks can no longer be teleported there in this way.

Which leads to the following:

If you have a party for restoring the glyphworks only *one* person can use the just restored Glyphwork to teleport back to the castle, which will complete those quest step (the initial use of the freshly restored Glyphwork) for all members of the party. The unlucky ones sill cannot use those Glyphwork and have to walk the long way back to the castle to finish the quest.

( obv workaround leave party before teleporting but i consider it as annoying ... )