test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Now that Mod 18 is "in the bag" what would you like to see in Mod 19?

13»

Comments

• Options
    originalsin#4257 originalsin Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Cloaked ascendancy 2.0: Aboleth sovereignty still wants someone to open that far realm portal and tries to reclaim the fragmented key of stars. Also, Lukan is still alive in wizard Jail somewhere, how’s he doing? Since Neverember eventually gets around to getting the chasm sealed, what happens to scar company? Would they successfully assimilate back into society? Does any of the research Quorthon was doing actually lead to anything?

I would like a break from the dnd 5e campaign spoofs. As much as I love seeing famous NPCs, it would be nice for Neverwinter to do original stories that are about Neverwinter.

Also, what about the Greycloaks? They seem to still exist, they meet in the basement of driftwood tavern. We’ve never heard of them because they’re really covert, and has blackmail material on important government officials, right? Surely, we’re not going to casually air brush out half of the Sons of Alagondar movement. Speaking of the Sons of Alagondar, what happened to them post Cloaked Ascendancy? Did those who side with Gyrion get executed? Is Arlon Bladesharper still alive?
  • Options
    redrockls3redrockls3 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Quality of life.

After everything that has taken place over the last couple of mods, I think it's about time that they address some quality of life issues. I know that many players would love to see some overarching features that spread throughout their entire account. From the perspective of Cryptic, that would mean a loss of revenue but for the player, that could mean more viability to play alts. I, for one, have a ton of alts. The time it takes to gear them up, complete campaigns, etc., just so I can finally begin the latest grind, is astronomical unless I want to spend $$. Cryptic did introduce the tokens you can spend on your other characters to help make this grind quicker but ultimately, how many of are still messing with that process on our mains?

How about, if in the process of completing a certain campaign requirement for the first time on any toon, if you're willing to wait, work more and say acquire 50% more of whatever it is that is required to complete a given task in the campaign, that portion of the campaign is unlocked account wide; to include boons. Yes, that does mean completing the campaign will take longer but, how long are we all sitting there well after we are done completing the campaign just grinding away at the same tasks as we prepare for the next mod with our mains?

Account Item Pool.

Again, I play a lot of alts and the concept of swapping out items or enchants from one toon to the next is not only boring, frustrating and at times costly, it can also be a deterrent in of itself. Just like the current system in place to allow for an item to be protected by right-clicking, certain items which are either account bound or items that are not bound (like enchants), could be right-clicked and placed into an account item pool. This item can be accessed by any character on your account, so long as the item isn't sold or somehow bound to a character. A warning or prompt can be placed that'll warn the individual that if an item is sold, it will be removed from not only the account item pool but it'll also be removed from the given characters with it equipped (literally a list of characters utilizing the item).

Now, I know someone is likely reading this and is saying that's exactly what the account wide bank is for but, that's not what I'm describing. It'll be a repository where the items will be listed as available to any character on your account. For instance, if you were to select your weapon enchantment, right-click the item and add it to your repository, it'll be saved in a cache and available for other toons. Say then you login to your alt and you want to use that same weapon enchantment, right-click your weapon, select weapon enchantments and go through the drop down menu of what's available. You can have a sub-menu that showcases all of the weapon enchantments that are in your repository that is available to equip. It will still be equipped on your primary character and now it is also equipped on your alternate character(s). If Cryptic is worried about the money sink being an issue, charge a nominal but reasonable fee to make these items accessible in this fashion. Either way, this will make swapping between your main and alternate toons much easier and seamless.

Again, if that weapon enchantment is sold, it'll be removed from all the characters that have it equipped. The weapon enchantment is just an example but applicable nonetheless to any other item not character bound.

Account wide mounts and companions.

I'm sure this part will just get glanced over if a developer or moderator looks at it. But much akin to what I described earlier, allow for these items to be available account wide but with a caveat. I know that this can be a major cash cow for many players but the vast majority of the companions and mounts in this game are not available in the Zen store. If Cryptic were to capitalize on this angle, they could cash in on some Zen purchases. Say, unlocking a companion (based upon it's quality) were X amount of Zen, available through a right-click menu and then now, it's in your collected companions list. You just need to claim it through the claims guy or it can just be added to your available companions. Although the claims guy makes more sense since it'll be a service provided through Cryptic. Now, the prerequisites can be set by Cryptic however they like but, the more reasonable this fee is, the more likely they are to see it utilized.

I honestly don't know what this would do to the long term economy of the game but, so long as the items list is plentiful (high variance) or the amount of items introduced that this is available to is specifically available to the player base via drops or lockboxes, it should take a hit but remain stable. This is all in the interest of getting people to play. I know that I really want to play some of my other toons but again, the trouble of gearing them, completing their campaigns, getting comps setup and maxed, getting mounts, etc., etc. is all too daunting of a task at this point (or just too expensive $$). Especially with the seemingly rapid fire mod releases and the pace of your non-hardcore player base. There was a time that I would play this game about 8-12 hours a day and frankly, I'm burned out from all of that. Frustratingly incremental increases and improvements to your character, chipping away mod after mod just for another couple thousand power and IL can really kick you square in the pants. But if the effort was at least distributed among your entire account, so that all of your effort can go towards the same unified goal, then great. That would at least make it feel like you're not wasting your time messing around with an alt as opposed to playing your main.
  • Options
    madrigal#2900 madrigal Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    a bug free /issue free, start with no downtime for emergency patching to cover up mistakes made by coders who didn't listen to playtesters when known issues were reported.
    ....too much to ask i know.
  • Options
    burnthedead#7732 burnthedead Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Krumple01 is correct of course; my point was incentivizing CODG and making use of older content, after all even the new mod 18 area is a rehash of the stronghold map. And all that new gear looks suspiciously like the black ice stuff with new colors.
  • Options
    hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    I would like to see them add a tabard or a surcoat for the guilds. They could add another item spot on all toons and the ones that join a guild could then wear the guilds tabard or surcoat to show that groups colors and crest.
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    1) Take content like CR and CODG out of the random public queues due the the unique, high learning curve mechanics which are pointlessly frustrating for players who are not used to them and which completely undermine the entire point of the public queues, which is to enable people to get their daily AD with a minimum of frustration and wasted effort and without it being necessary to resort to private channels.
    2) Rejuvenate pvp. PVP should be a completely separate game wound all the way back to mod 2 levels of damage and HP and mod 2 mechanics (except obviously for paladins and warlocks), with entirely different loadouts. Bring back Gauntlygrym.
    3) Make different ability scores important for different classes. You know, like in D&D.
    4) Reverse power and HP creep. There is absolutely no point to having 200k+ HP in a game based on something where HP would be in single digits for starting players. Take HP out of gear.
    5) Make it possible to use professions to craft gear with stats and appearance assigned by the crafter.
    6) Reform mastercrafting. Include +! ingredients the way they were supposed to be - you know, making it easier to craft items, not harder. Make crafted gear relevant again.
    7) Reform crafting. Stop it from being a tedious gold sink in which you have to spent one day crafting low-level items for silver to make up for every crafting RP or worthwhile gear.
    8) Bring back the foundry. I obviously don't speak for everyone, but I haven't liked any of the new dungeons designed from TONG on. Let players design content and give it worthwhile rewards.
    9) Reform reward tables for older content. Allow it to award current-level gear and seals that will buy current BIS gear.
    10) Remove the limits on donations to guild coffers.
    11) Oh yeah, make it possible to donate +1 items to guild coffers.
    12) Make it possible for lightly armored classes like the ranger to outrun heavily armored classes like the barbarian and fighter. You know, like in reality.
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    Since they are doing a Roadmap 2020 on the 13th I had better get this in.

4. Add a 15 second delay (down from the standard 1 min. 30 seconds delay) when transferring between instances for VIP
  • Options
    josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    Every enemy to be affected by CC.
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!