test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Module 18 - My personal picky little bug list.

sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
edited March 2020 in Bug Reports (PC)
As the title suggests, these bugs are very "minor" but makes the game look or feel like some garbage that Bethesda makes... sorry that was a low blow, even for me. Also note, while these are "personal", that means just the ones I experienced since module 18 dropped. Please feel to add your own to the list and I will attempt to verify them here. All these bugs are effecting both OS, Windows & Linux, with the exception on the one, however it wasn't there before module 18. My husband has concluded that Cryptic made multiple changes to how the client logs into the network. This is why so many users could not even log into the game the first week.

Auction House Bug - This one seems to have calmed down, but I plan to post some items here in a little while. This one seems to be fixed as of 2/13/2020.
Disconnect from Chat Server - This only happens on Linux OS, so it won't effect Windows users. I have Windows 10, but only on my laptop. I find Linux functions better ?for some reason? on this desktop I am using. Linux OS is like (Android, Chromebook, etc.) and is free user supported OS. Not here to argue OS, my point is, this game worked flawlessly until module 18 went Live.
Characters Nude on Login Menu - Yes they have underwear on, but it appears the Login Server isn't finding the wardrobe and saying, F it! Has decrease in frequency.
Game Picks Wrong Audio Card - On login the game boots up my HDA Intel PCH ALC 662 rev1 audio card and I can hear audio until I go to desktop and boot up some better music and my desktop is muted. I have to tell the game, in every session, to pick Out: Default instead. You would think Out: Default would be the default audio? Once again, I made no changes to the PC hardware/software, this is on the Cryptic Client. Seems to be selecting the correct audio as of 2/27/2020.
Various Graphics - I get skybox sheet lightning flashes in Barovia, I see "glimpses" Liar's Masquerade ghosts and hear the Helmite Paladin Ghost talking where they stand in PE.
UI bug - While using the tick boxes on the Quest Journal, I get a blink effect as I change them. New! 2/13/2020

New Party BUG! - Well maybe this is not as much a bug but a serious issue. Doing Glyphworks in Avernus with a party the machine only sends one party member back to the keep and left all the rest to fight their way back to turn the quest into Alric. I think you should send all not one or is that working as intended?

That's enough for now. I really know very little about Chris Whiteside, other than what I have seen in stream and read. I am trusting he can whip this game into shape. But use the whip on the game and give the developers the carrots Chris! I am patient and I have seen worse.

cc: @cwhitesidedev#9752

Edit: added more!

Now my chat bug disconnected me during a conversation just now! 2/14 @ 2 PM EST. I was on the character for 1 hour and chat stopped. Could still play, no mail, no chat. It was bad enough before maintenance, now you are making the bugs better? Did this only once so far...
wb-cenders.gif
Post edited by sandukutupu on

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User

Characters Nude on Login Menu - Yes they have underwear on, but it appears the Login Server isn't finding the wardrobe and saying, F it!

For me, it is more if it cannot get all the wardrobe in time, it just uses whatever was loaded and not try to retrieve all the wardrobe and redraw again.

Hence, sometime, it is nude (with underwear).
    Sometime, it has bottom gear but not the upper body gear.
    Sometime, it has everything.

It can stay with whatever they get forever (no retry).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Sometimes it shows their equipped items actual appearance rather than the items from the appearance tab. Or it does a mix and match with missing slots, equipped items and appearance tabs stuff. Apart from the appearance tab being added last year, this has happened for a long long time.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    This only appears on the selection screen, I agree it has been on going, but seems to have increased in frequency...

Sometimes Dirk forgets to put his pants on.
    wb-cenders.gif
    I guess Hell is too hot for our adventurers. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    About that audio issue, this is what I find in my Gameprefs.pref file after I finish playing.

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.audioDriverName DirectSound

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.audioDriverOutput "Out: HDA Intel PCH - ALC662 rev1 Analog (Out: HDA Intel PCH - ALC662 rev1 Analog)"

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.audioDriverVersion 5.3.1.904

No matter how many times, I keep setting it to default after game play begins, it reverts to using the wrong audio settings.
    wb-cenders.gif
    Barovian trees render badly... and the massive latency all over... the monochromatic Vallenhas map is bad enough, I can't get it bright enough to see. Is there a torch available? Before you tell me it is my "adjustments" tell me where you remove the red filter, then tell me where I can add more lights than the game allows? Horrible version of the stronghold map. I can see just fine inside the main hall then I ride around outside and it is dreadful and too dark.
    wb-cenders.gif
    Wine related graphic issue? I do not see the issue you described.
    edited February 2020

I don't think so, I am going to have my husband check over the equipment when he get back tonight.. about 4 hours from now. Here is a screenshot from my PC.

My friends running Windows said, this is typical and adjust the gamma value. But looking at the first screen with the gamma cranked, the colors wash out.
    wb-cenders.gif
    edited February 2020
    Ok. The second photo is what I have. That is normal for me. I don't consider that dark. It is a personal taste then.
  • hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User

Ok. The second photo is what I have. That is normal for me. I don't consider that dark. It is a personal taste then.

You are correct this is an aesthetic. One really cannot take the screenshot using the game, or even a 3rd party program, and expect others to witness a difference. From my perspective there are 3 options to adjust it and still not alter your screen shot. Adjusting the monitor settings, changing the GPU settings via your OS, and the in game adjustments.

Linux gamma can be altered per color channel using; xrandr --output (displayID) --gamma R:G:B
    I used this command, to show her first hand, how I can make Avernus look "normal" to her with; xrandr --output VGA-0 --gamma 1.0:1.2:1.2
    red gamma remains at 100% while green and blue at 120% Then I took a screen shot, reset the gamma values, opened the screen shot and it looked as it did before. This is because the software used to take the screen shot is not actually effected by the gamma settings.

I could emulated it using a imagining program such as GIMP.

The other method would be to use a cell phone or external camera. But this will not be "first hand" and the device, room lighting, and a ton of other factors will alter the colors. Taking a screenshot and expecting others to have the same hardware and software settings will not work. I am not saying my wife is wrong, I would never say, my wife is wrong... ;) Everyone's brain learns to process colors from birth, we see the world with imperfections and no two artists will see the same image in the same manner.

Wendy will probably have me tweaking her gamma settings again, after her eye surgery next month. We are buying her those 100 year lens for both her eyeballs. I cannot believe, for one minute, this little chunk of plastic costs $10,000. But they will be good until her 155th Birthday.

• tagnusironsordtagnusironsord Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    Since Mod 18 dropped, my Young Yeti's initial appearance (Yeti Runt) is gone.. the other three 'tiers' are fine (Growler, Bullish, Primal) but the Runt is invisible. This doesn't bother me, he still rips things up just fine.
    And they just keep coming...

Ravenloft Mausoleum makeover?
    wb-cenders.gif
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Maybe you're the ghost?
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    pitshade said:

Maybe you're the ghost?

It is starting to feel that way. I don't know how this relates to their patches or when this even occurred? It makes me think about Todd Howard saying "It just works." to the crowd at the E3. They didn't by chance hire him in to assist with Neverwinter?
    wb-cenders.gif
    edited March 2020
    Playing Avernus isn't too bad once you get use to the monochrome reds. However I should warn people that long term exposure to one color will mess with your eyes. The cones in your eyes see red and make the adjustment and if you look at something white it will appear as pale green until your cones adjust back to normal.... assuming they do, otherwise you will have permanent retinal pigmentosa. It is so fun what we learn when having eye surgery.

So back on topic, after beating a round of the BHE with the Ape last night. My client lagged and crashed. Game commits suicide for the win!
    wb-cenders.gif