test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FIVE Kutlass lures. No scale.

hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
Devs, do you have any idea how frustrating this is? How long it takes to farm the lure components, all the while competing against everyone else who is trying to do the same?

This is NOT fun. It's frustrating as HELL.
Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured

Comments

• Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    That stings, man. RNGesus needs to be punched in the nose.
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    5? That hardly seems like much of an effort to me and I farmed them to get the drops on multiple characters and helped others farm for them too.

Farming lures is far easier now than it was when the mod initially dropped on top of that.
  • Options
    bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    Indeed frustrating, took double digit lures to get the scale for my main when chult dropped. Feel your pain.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    If anything, the Tarnished Mind Whisperer Scale was the most scarring.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    benyrbenyr Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    I'm convinced RNG picks on certain characters. I recently ran my alts through Omu, 5 of them got the Cutlass scale at the first time of asking whilst 2 took 6 and 8 attempts. Thankfully the Tyrant dropped the scale the first time of asking for all 7, but now I cant get the scale from Merchant Princes' Folly to drop for any of them, and I've lost count of the runs. Does it even still drop from there?
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Tyrant is 100% for everyone in the party.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    It might be a superstition, but my scales usually finally dropped when I moved the chain from the inventory into the bank.
  • Options
    zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    I've run two characters through Tyrant scale now. Both of them got all the lures on first hunt. Check and make sure you don't already have it in your personal bank. I'm waiting on a drop of Ras Nsi's Scale from the middle end chest of Tong. That one and the one in Merchant's Folly mission are random.

Suggestion on scale/lure drops: Not sure if it matters but I usually wait an hour between hunts. Hunt drops used to be time gated, maybe some still are.
  • Options
    rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    Oh, yes. Once I made a stupid blunder: trying to get a scale from Kutlas for hours - when the chain was already upgraded and I needed the scale from Folly. Silly me. =)
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User

I've run two characters through Tyrant scale now. Both of them got all the lures on first hunt. Check and make sure you don't already have it in your personal bank. I'm waiting on a drop of Ras Nsi's Scale from the middle end chest of Tong. That one and the one in Merchant's Folly mission are random.

Suggestion on scale/lure drops: Not sure if it matters but I usually wait an hour between hunts. Hunt drops used to be time gated, maybe some still are.

The Bile-Drenched was set to 100% droprate a long time ago. It is the only one that is.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.