test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Final Weekly Quest in Avernus

pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
Either make the quest to rescue Alaric or to fight to the tower and defeat the boss. Doing both isn't worth 25 currency. As grindy as some of the repeatables are, they aren't so long that five of them won't be far more efficient that this quest. Unless I'm mistaken, they give the same reward, proportionately.
"We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother

Comments

• callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Is that the Bastion thing?

I saw people were lfg to run it and decided to have a go solo for lolz.

25k iL barbie.

It did feel a bit like watching The Hobbit film episode 1 "what there's more?" … "ok its finished now"... "what theres more?"... "ok final part now"... "what theres more"...

I think it took maybe 15 minutes to complete it? Seemed to take a fair amount of time solo but I guess with two toons or a team it would be over pretty fast?

But yeah there is too many component parts to it. Probably.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Its the weekly form of the Final unlock quest. Bastion sounds right.

On my wizard (24k) I did the unlock and then the weekly. On my fighter (23k) I did the unlock and then did repeatables instead of the weekly. The fighter got stuck with both the Silver Ore quest and the infernal shopping list quest, all the drops from Legion Devils, Erinyes, etc... and it still felt faster doing it that way. I should have thought to time it but unfortunately did not.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,211 Arc User
    pitshade said:

Either make the quest to rescue Alaric or to fight to the tower and defeat the boss. Doing both isn't worth 25 currency. As grindy as some of the repeatables are, they aren't so long that five of them won't be far more efficient that this quest. Unless I'm mistaken, they give the same reward, proportionately.

I have not reached this quest. Hence, I don't really know what it is.
    However, I am confused about if the quest is too easy and not worth 25 currency or if it is too much and should worth more than 25. It sounds like you mean latter.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Not a question of easy or hard but length. You move to an instanced Avernus map. Mounts are disabled. From the entrance to the guild hall in the Stronghold, out the front gate, East gate if you do Marauders. The bridge is blocked, so you run through the dry moat to under the north bridge and then double back and run to the nearby support structure. There are mob packs all along the route that can't be avoided due to invisible walls.

Once you arrive at the lumberyard, there is a pack of mobs before you enter and another inside. Upon clearing these, a pack of strong mobs including one or two Narzugon that have to be cleared.

After this, you and Alaric must run back across the north bridge and into the Stronghold before going to the Millabout. There you fight off waves of mobs before you can enter a door there and fight the boss.

Again, this is all in foot, hemmed in by invisible walls and filled with trash mobs. Apart from the Narzugon, most of them aren't that strong but it takes forever. Imagine Soshenstar at mod 12 launch and trying to run from Camp Vengeance to Nanny Pupu's and back for 25 totems.
  • josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    Yeah, it does take forever. If you don't mind dying and can reach the campfires prior to death you should rush through the initial army and only need to fight the 3 groups around Alaric (+1 extra "homing missile" group if this is your first run), the 3 groups at the tower door and the final monster (who is actually easier than everything previous).

Unfortunately the death method is not much faster than the fighting method, but it certainly is easier.
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Believe it or not, I found that being a **Controller**-build wizard really, really helped with the initial fight. Arcane Singularity in front of the horde, Icy Terrain right underneath it, then blast everything with a Token of Chromatic Storm as they start to gather. Then use Chill Strike, Icy Rays, etc. on whatever you please, and keep sprinkling Chilling Cloud on everything that's on the ice to keep Shatterstrike going as long as possible. If you have it, then use the Legendary Carpet of Flying to pull them back onto the ice when they start to scatter. It made short work of 90% of the enemies. Then I knocked off the stragglers, leaving the guys on horseback for last since they have so many HP. Now bear in mind that my wizard has the Valindra set and is expressly built to maximize control bonus (71%). Once the horseback guys were knocked off their horses, they became permanent ice cubes for the entire Vallenhas guard to hack at will.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • elsungaelsunga Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    The story telling in this new mod is atrociously bad or even non existing... I can understand you don§t have enough developers to make bigger and more original playfield, better design or more funny quests. But at least there could be some interesting story. I am sorry for what did you offer me in this mod is laughably bad...