test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New year, new content but the same old problems with the infernal citadel

oxymaoxyma Member Posts: 30 Arc User
One of the major downside of the game... when a new dungeon or trial is released, u can only do it in private queue... trying to complete it in public queue result in very long waiting time to join (10+ mins), teammates not strong enough to kill the time limited final boss (because the dungeon queue info says 23k ilvl when it's impossible to do it with such low ilvl), teammates that dont know what to do because we "must" watch guides before doing that dungeon or we lose...

- We had the same problem with Fangbreaker island (we can do it in public queue now but that was impossible on release)
- We had the same problem with Master spellplague cavern (we can do it in public queue now but that was impossible on release)
- We had the same problem with Tomb of the nine gods (we can do it in public queue but that was impossible on release)
- We have the same problem with Cradle of the death god (we still can't do that thing in public queue because the players dont know what to do)
- We have the same problem with Castle Ravenloft (we still can't do that thing in public queue because the players dont know what to do)
- We have the same problem with Lair of the mad mage (we still can't do that thing in public queue because the players dont know what to do + we need epic pay to win dps)
- We have the same problem with Tower of the mad mage (we still can't do that thing in public queue because the players dont know what to do + we need epic pay to win dps) and i dont think we will be able to complete that from public queue now, with all the dumb mecanics, the need of high pay to win dps or caped stats to not get 1 shot, maybe in 2022...
- And now we have the Infernal Citadel, new year, new content, same old problems.

Everytimes something new is released, u cant do it in public queue, is it normal?
I heard that Cryptic studio is trying to bring new players, so they can get stuck end game unable to complete the newest contents?
As i'm writing this (Feb 10 2020) i still havent completed your Lair of the mad mage & Tower of the mad mage (IN PUBLIC QUEUE) released in 2018.

Comments

• kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    I do not understand where people get the idea that meeting the minimum item level should guarantee you a success. I don't think it should even offer a chance of success without extensive practice.
  • xenocide#6119 xenocide Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    The biggest difference for me between public queue and private is that I have far better communication with the teams I run private queues with vs public queues.
    Running end game dungeons with teams who aren't on the same page, used to each other's playstyle or able to communicate effectively is much much more difficult.
  • b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    I feel one major issue with the game is the end game all together. At end game all one thinks about is the new dungeon and when you reach all you can reach that new dungeon over time becomes well old and boring and you are like bla. Me I reached that point at the end of mod 17 where I was bla at lomm after running it so many times in both private and public.
    However will say yes this seems to be the same in each mod.
    The new dungeon people prefer private because its easier to do with a team of people that you talk with each day or with those that know what to do and have the stats on their toon to actually do the dungeon where as in public run you are with people some new some not new some have the stats others do not have the stats and well frustration because of lack of communication. Then again if one was to sit long and hard and think about this you would find this same thing in many other games like this one.
    Where you queue in to a dungeon with a team that has the stats or doesnt and those that are new or not and parties that fail. So is this really a cryptic thing or just how games of this type are done?
  • raziel2004#7353 raziel2004 Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Ah no wonder I saw in LFG chat "Looking for (class) for IC experienced only" on first day release. Interesting.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    b4t1b4t said:

I feel one major issue with the game is the end game all together. At end game all one thinks about is the new dungeon and when you reach all you can reach that new dungeon over time becomes well old and boring and you are like bla. Me I reached that point at the end of mod 17 where I was bla at lomm after running it so many times in both private and public.
    The new dungeon people prefer private because its easier to do with a team of people that you talk with each day or with those that know what to do and have the stats on their toon to actually do the dungeon where as in public run you are with people some new some not new some have the stats others do not have the stats and well frustration because of lack of communication. Then again if one was to sit long and hard and think about this you would find this same thing in many other games like this one.
    Where you queue in to a dungeon with a team that has the stats or doesnt and those that are new or not and parties that fail. So is this really a cryptic thing or just how games of this type are done?

Possibly because the new dungeon is the only way to make back all the "money" they spent on getting to end game?
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    You absolutely can do it without watching guides. But the chance that a group of pugs has the stamina and communication to try out how bosses work, and keep failing till they can do it, that does seem pretty rare. Ive seen deadmanos stream yesterday, their first run took nearly 6 hours, and the players there were by no means BIS. So, dont expect a pug group to breeze trough new content without even trying.
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    Designing a game in a style: Show the player a goal, and then arrange a long and thorny road to reach it... is EVIL!

We all should be able to finish this game within a minute, so everyone can get back to the real life without any significant delay!
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    If you need help doing lomm let me know when i am online i will be happy to make a group.
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    I agree, Cryptic should make all new released content so trivial that it can reach 100% completion rate by the bad geared alts people put on the public queues. Also, they should make all bosses big HP sponges with no mechanics at all, because people don't know how to do mechanics. New players should be able to do all content within one week playing. This way, they will have no other goals to achieve, so they will abandon Neverwinter and start playing Magic Legends, giving more money to Cryptic.

I hope I didn't give Cryptic any ideas with this snarky sarcastic comment.
  • durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    the only difference for public queue and private queue for me is that i require people to send me a tell. as long as they have the dungeon or trial unlocked, i get them. this has an advantage over public queue because i know that these people have the ability and CAN communicate if they feel like it.

NOT everytime, but when i public queue with maybe a dps, tank, heals, is we’d get 2 (or 7) other people who does not bother communicating with other people in any way or form.

experience with public queue can go from very smooth to very very rough. don’t let it get you down. join a decent guild or alliance that talks with one another and not just for the boons or whatever.
  • some1stolemynicknamesome1stolemynickname Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    So...don't queue public if it's such a problem. If you don't have an alliance to run with, that's a good place to start for a change in the right direction.

Most new players won't be able to do endgame content for a very long time, OR they spent a lot of real money on Zen and won't know their class. Endgame content isn't designed for new players. They have enough else to do.

Rocket science wins again!
  • micheal1979micheal1979 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    b4t1b4t said:

Unfortunately the end game was ToMM in mod 17. I think the new dungeon is great and in time more will get it. I actually find it easier than lomm was and even running it weeks earlier than most on live servers we were completing it without seeing how to guides, yes it took some rez scrolls. But, now its mostly deathless in private parties. Infernal Citadel will be easier for everyone to finish than Tower was/is by far. So keep trying all and look for guild runs or friends to help teach you mechanics.
    We Are Crolm
    Believer in SMASH
    Fairplay,no bots , no bugs, and play well
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnN0Yofs-Scv1nd8U_bSYLA/featured
  • bumper3bumper3 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    With all the problem you mention you forgot few things on the way:
    1. You are not suppose to easy complete any dungeon on realese . It was made to be a challenge.
    2. Minimum ILVL gear is to begin practice the challenge.
    3. If players dont know what to do how about telling them the mechanic before you start?
    4. Lomm never needed paying players to win. But it does need players who know mechanic and working hard on their gears and stats.
    5. for TOMM even with awsome stats and gears it is still hard for me to find party to go in with within the alliance. If you gather random players for it do not expect to finish it at all unless you guys practice it over and over.
    6. Infernal Citadel isn't so hard since I learned the mechanic and tell players how to do it. Even with minimum ILVL it can be done. Those who are asking for experienced players simply don't want to waste time on instructing new players. So just play with players who does care about the others.
    7. No matter what content you are running, don't forget to have fun and remember failing is part of the fun.