test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

When should I be starting Undermountain? (Possible Spoilers)

Do I need to finish Cloaked Ascendancy and Chult to understand what happens in the Undermountain module? I'd like to know before I carry on in the module as the meeting with Lord Neverember had Kavos Stormeye and a lady from Chult that I never met before. I want to avoid possible spoilers like major character deaths/resurrections.

I spoilt part of another module by going into Chult before the River District one and finishing Cold Run area of Storm Kings Thunder.

Comments

• Options
    fachaos42#7919 fachaos42 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Does any of the main characters turn up? Like Makos, Celeste, Knox or Xuna?
  • Options
    milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    Only Knox and Neverember IIRC. But it's been 6 months since I finished Undermountain while paying attention to everything, and not speeding thru to get boons for an alt...
  • Options
    aerhythia#3255 aerhythia Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    Nah mostly you'd be just like oh I know that dude / lady from River District / Chult... And you already passed the point where you spoiled that "experience".

Chult takes waaaay too long to not start with Undermountain campaign...

Does any of the main characters turn up? Like Makos, Celeste, Knox or Xuna?

Only Knox and Neverember IIRC. But it's been 6 months since I finished Undermountain while paying attention to everything, and not speeding thru to get boons for an alt...

Uhhhh... I think technically you can spoil an event...
  • Options
    fachaos42#7919 fachaos42 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    It seemed a bit strange when I did Well of Dragons, Maze Engine and Elemental Evil before Dread Ring. Celeste introducing herself to me when I've already done some missions with her. In regards to Chult when a character turns up spoiling events that I've not done yet.

Not met the lady from Child before or Kavos properly when I started Undermountain. I only wanted to reach the hub area to use seals of the mountain. So I won't spoil Cloaked Ascendancy and Chult by doing the Undermountain campaign?
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Lord Neverember, Jaraxle Baenre, Celeste and Kavatos make appearances in the Undermountain campaign. There are no references to other modules, other than that the NPCs act as if they already know you. The campaign is supposed to be next in line after Elemental Evil for a leveling character. It should be completed before starting the various other campaigns.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother